over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FIGURING BASIL ENERGY EXPENDITURE!

W

wyldeone

FIGURING BASAL ENERGY EXPENDITURE!

I thought i might post this info as I get alot of answers pertaining to how I am able to calculate someone caloric intake based on a pre-contest diet and I use the "harris benedict equation" and bellow is the ratio for both male and female!

MALES
66+(13.7 X WEIGHT IN KG) + (5.0X(HEIGHT IN CM) - (6.8X(AGE IN YEARS)= BEE(IN CALORIES)
FEMALES
655 + (9.6 X WEIGHT IN KG) + 1.8 X (HEIGHT IN CM) - (4.7 X (AGE IN YEARS) = BEE(IN CALORIES)

I hope this helps you all. best wishes wyldeone.

Last edited:
OK...

Wylde, what if they're a hermathodite? I think some pro and top National women BB'ers would qualify.LOL

LOL

Strunk,
Leave it up to you to come up with this one buddy!LOL thats a good question I'll have to ponder that one! wyldeone.

anybody know the metric conversions for these?

wyldeone

Is this what they would need to maintain their weight or lose?? Reason I am asking is I would like to know how it would change if bulking?

Strunk!!! With statements like that you're going to get yourself cut off.

lol

hah good one msmuscle.................... Tell strunk ill be at the state meeting

66+(13.7 X WEIGHT IN KG) + (5.0X(HEIGHT IN CM) - (6.8X(AGE IN YEARS)= BEE(IN CALORIES)

66+(13.7 X (Weight in LBS / 2.2 ) + (5.0 (Height in Inches / 2.54) - 6.8 * Age in Years =

I think that works out right, or maybe I worked too hard today

Well something smells fishy here maybe someone can check my math :)

66+(13.7 X (Weight in LBS / 2.2 )) + (5.0 X (Height in Inches / 2.54)) – (6.8 X Age in Years) = BEE

66+(13.7 X (84.09)) + (5.0 X (25.98)) – (6.8 X Age in Years) =

66 + (1152.05) + (129.92) – (333.2) = 1,014.77

I'm 185 lbs - 84.09kg
66 inches - 25.98cm
49 Years YOUNG :D

I ate over twice this in calories and went from 9.5% BF to ~5.5% and lost WAY TOO MUCH MUSCLE - about 10 lbs of muscle. From my body comp testing we calculated that I should have eaten about 2400 cals instead of 2200 and I wouldn't have lost ANY!

xcel

I need to calculate my current caloric intake - more concerned with macro-nutrient breakdown at this point. But, I'd guess it to be 3000 to 3500 range (maybe more) and I'm gaining LBM and staying below 7% BF!

xcel

I

I know it is close, I had a long long day at work, crunching numbers and programming c++ i will fix that.

BUMPING IT UP

Wondering if you add a magical number to the basil?? Also wondering ifyou like a certain amount of claories per lean lbm of muscle like 8.5 cal per lbm? Thanks mojo

Last edited:
i

is this system correct? because my calculations end up at like 1100 calories and the diet i got from the guru here had about 2100 or so for 150 pounds. im now 140 or so dieted down but not training or eating enough protein, doing alot of walking, got alot leaner, planning to use bodyweight x 12 (1680 cals) to diet down using a 50/30/20 (Protein, Carbs, Fat) most fats from flaxseed oil. is this too little of calories. i will be doing cardio this time so i guess i can eat more, but wouldnt that just add calories?

Xcel

Xcel,

Haven't done the complete calculation to see if everything else is OK, but your height is 66 in * 2.54 cm/in or 168 cm.

You'd be one impressive midget dwarf at 25.98 cm (less than a foot tall) if you weighed 185 at 7% BF. LOL

-Randy

xcelbeyond said:

I'm 185 lbs - 84.09kg
66 inches - 25.98cm
49 Years YOUNG :D

xcel

Thanks for rubbing it in about how short I am :D

That correction makes the calorie intake at ~1893. I've been cutting up very nicely on ~2400 calories.

xcel

Mine comes out to 2120 calories a day.

I am clean, no cardio and doing 4980 calories a day and maintaining or losing a little.

Do you think I have a fast metabolism. :(

Last edited:
Xcel and Crowler

Xcel,

Sounds about right given energy expenditure.

For those who are interested, basal metabolic rate (BMR) is your lowest resting metabolic rate (baseline), i.e., when you are very relaxed or asleep and motionless. Usually measured in the morning upon waking. Resting metabolic rate (RMR) is a more general term for met. rate at rest and is higher than BMR during the day, as your moderate levels of arousal increase energy expenditure even when you're sitting still.

Total energy expenditure is a matter of RMR throughout the day, energy cost of activity, thermic effect of activity (e.g., energy expended after you've exercise) and thermic effect of eating (energy expended d/t digestion, etc.). The last 2 are pretty minor and usually ignored.

HOWEVER - this gets a Crowler's point - resting metabolic rate can be greatly changed by energy balance. This is the idea of the set-point theory. If you overeat, your body increases metabolic rate to keep you at a lower bodyweight. The opposite when you diet for fat loss - metabolic rate is adjusted to conserve energy. The degree to which your body "defends" its set point (body mass and fat) is highly variable.

Some very interesting studies were done up in canada using twins, both fraternal (DNA similar, like siblings), and identical (same DNA). In the studies, RMR, BMR and daily energy expenditure were determined at the start and the subjects placed on a diet to match expenditure (they were sequestered in a clinic - nowhere to run, nowhere to hide). After a period to assess if they were in caloric balance (no changes in wt., etc.), they placed them on a diet that was:

Experiment #1.) 1000 kcal / day in excess, 6 out of 7 days a week for around 3 mo.

OR

Experiment #2.) 500 kcal / day in deficit, 6 out of 7 days a week, and required 500kcal of exercise (6 out of 7 days a week) for about 3 mo. (1000 kcal / day *deficit*, 6 /7 days per week.)

Afterwards, the range in weight gain (exp. 1) was like 5kg to 15kg - HUGE!!! Same caloric excess given initial energy needs but a GIGANTIC difference in how well the individuals' metabolisms adjusted to prevent weight gain. Same thing was seen in experiment #2, except the rate was in weight loss, of course.

Even cooler - the fraternal twins were pretty close when looked at in pairs - within 3-4 kg wt. gain (exp. 1) or loss (exp. 2). The identical twins were DEAD on in terms of wt. gain or loss (~1kg difference). Those with pretty similarly DNA (fraternal twins) responded very similarly. Those with identical DNA (identical twins) responded identically, within experimental error.

So, Crowler, it sounds like you've got a body that really desires to be lighter. I'm the same way - 5000 kcal / day offseason and I won't gain an ounce.

-Randy

P.S. The studies were done by Claude Bouchard - big guy in genetics of obesity research.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws