advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Filters and high temp doesnt sterilize UGL gear?

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is what I found:
Posted by Animal1852:

Ok here’s the micro bio lesson

Sterilization is defined as the complete killing of all living organisms. Key Word there living, virus are not living organisms.

The pore size of a .2micron filter is too large. The smallest virus is the poliovirus at 28 nanometers much much smaller than the pore size. Viruses range from 28nm to 200nm (smallpox). Prokaryotes (Bacteria) range from .1 to 50um which means most bacteria will in fact be filtered out. Also bacteria in aquatic environments do something called reductive cell division to increase cell surface to volume ratio in which case they can reach sizes smaller than .2um.

In regards, to sterility, sterility is achieved at a 121 degrees Celsius at 1.1 kg/cm^2 for 15 minutes for 500ml of solution. If you throw your vial in the oven you can certainly reach the temperature but you have to pin the vial to prevent it from bursting, the vial does not reach a pressure of 1.1kg/cm^2 and it specifications don’t allow it to. It’s not sterilization but a means of reducing bacterial count.

Also bacteria can survive at temps up to 380 degrees Celsius in thermal vents but I doubt those bacteria will be encountered in environments we live in. However, bacteria do participate in something called Transformation. This a process in which live bacteria can pick up the contents of a dead bacterial cell. How is this relevant to this? When you kill the bacteria in your vial those bacteria are now burst cells with small constituents floating in your vials. Those DNA sequences can be picked up by the live bacteria (normal flora of your skin) that may get into you when you inject/ puncture your skin. Those normal flora will then be transformed into possibly deadly bacteria. When you alcohol swab your skin it does not sterilize your skin but rather acts as a disinfectant – the killing of most but not all living organisms.

Finally, the most dangerous bacteria, anthrax and clostridium are found commonly in soil. Dirty hands can transfer this to preparation solutions. These bacteria produce spores which are much smaller than the bacterial cell and can resist alcohol, antibiotics, and high temperatures, these are a very real possibility considering their diversity and ease of contractibility (soil) and the environments many ugls operate in. So in conclusion, the oven method or syringe filters are not means of cleaning gear 100% but rather a means of prevention.

With that said, I still firmly believe that sterile filters should be used with the knowledge that they are a means of prevention. (kinda like condoms not 100% effective haha)

Animal

1.What do you suggest for syringe filters size?

2. If I vent my gear whilst its baking in the oven. Won't that defeat the purpose? I don't think the air in the oven is sterilized
I dont think green soap sterilizes I think its a disinfectant not sure on that

1 - .22um sterile syringe filters are standard for sterilizing water based substances, thats why its a little hard to use them on oil based gear but they work.

2- Thats what I was getting at the common person does not have the materials to achieve sterilization. There are methods (heating, adding ba, and using filters) to try and achieve sterility but these methods are more precautionary uses, Your oven like I said will reduce the bacteria count from the high temp but by lab standards it will not be considered sterilized.

In addition I forgot to mention. If you are sure your gear is dirty I wouldn't use it even if you run it through a filter. This is because what gets you sick often from bacteria is their toxins or by products they produce. These toxins and by products can often remain stable at temperatures higher than what conventional kitchen ovens can achieve. So even if you kill the microbes their products can remain active in your gear.

The point of my post was to encourage the use of syringe filters as a means of precaution rather than assuming that if some gear is giving you infections you can just run it through a syringe filter and you will be fine, not true. Also its commonly believed that ba will kill anything that is not true either. BA prevents the growth of organisms does not kill most organisms. BA can be tolerated esp at the concentration found in gear by many microbes. There are common methods used to achieve the reduction of growth among microbes, many food are preserved by introducing high concentrations of salt or sugar in the solution to prevent growth of microbes (ex can of beans high in salt) but even they can become contaminated eventually. ba slows growth and may kill certain microbes but it does not kill all microbes.

Animal

That means, even if we fitler gear with .2 whatman syringe filter, bake in the oven we inject microbes into our bodies anyway?

It's s bit scary, since I'm sure most of the UG gear isn't even filtered or sterilized in temp properly...if most of the guys are having seriouss health problems from injecting few cc's of test and deca few times a week and few cycles a year 20 years ago when there were no UGL, you can't even guess what will happen 20 later for those who injects way more than few cc's ED all year rounds of aas+bacteria and microbes they get from their ugl...

I believe BA takes care of MOST of the bacteria.
Filters are for larger impurities.

What a great article playing on fear, rather then giving answers. Running oil through a .2micron filter w/ proper BA content has ALWAYS worked for me. No abscess or problems here.

LMFAO anthrax and clostridium, hahahahaha it should mention that if you inhale this bacteria you are basically good as dead anyways,

and people are worried about injections causing anthrax lol, if you live near anthrax infected areas you can be sure injections are not your concern

on another note most (if not almost all) bacteria that grows in organic and vegetables (e.g gear oil) is killed using heat

this articles full of propaganda, its plays with alot of facts that are very rare and not relevant

Last edited:
What a great article playing on fear, rather then giving answers. Running oil through a .2micron filter w/ proper BA content has ALWAYS worked for me. No abscess or problems here.

Does all the bacteria, microorganisms causes abcesses? I think a guy on this board posted his buddy story lont time ago...he was injecting ugl stuff, used needles more than once, didn't have any abcesses at all, but died because of bacterias has lived and grown on his heart

LMFAO anthrax and clostridium, hahahahaha it should mention that if you inhale this bacteria you are basically good as dead anyways,

and people are worried about injections causing anthrax lol, if you live near anthrax infected areas you can be sure injections are not your concern

on another note most (if not almost all) bacteria that grows in organic and vegetables (e.g gear oil) is killed using heat

this articles full of propaganda, its plays with alot of facts that are very rare and not relevant

maybe that's propaganda, but sounds pretty scary you when think about it, and I'm sure most of the guys don't even bake or filter (like myself in the past) the gear they get from their labs

The filter gets everything but endotoxins (bacteria poop), which may cause sorness, but should not cause infection.

Whoever posted that is overly paranoid. Do you really think touching your skin for a few seconds with an alcohol pad is going to sterilize your skin? What about the unsterilized air you are pushing into the bottle?

Injection is no more direct than inhalation, I know of homeopathic doctors that don't even swab the skin before injections, they want you to be "inoculated" with anything growing on your skin. They do 100s of injections per day without any issues...

Filters will def sterile the gear, the 23u... the 45 one you could still get infected

Whoever posted that is overly paranoid. Do you really think touching your skin for a few seconds with an alcohol pad is going to sterilize your skin? What about the unsterilized air you are pushing into the bottle?

Couldnt say it any better.. the second that needle comes out of the package its no longer sterile

Whatman 45 cover most of the bacteria u may b subjected to when gear oil is concern... if u want to b extra careful then use a 22... the few and far bacteria's which may defeat a 45 or maybe even 22s aren't even native to the application or environment... u have concerns about some hot vent bacteria ending up in ur gear then u may want to address that with ur source... just saying...

If that article had any merit..there would be a lot of dead and limbless bodybuilders around the world...seen thousands of "solvent" abcesses on the internet of the last decade...the few..bacterial abcesses and infections came from water based gear...UG....

The baking or heating of gear doesn't making it inert...I posted on this before..and thousands have done it and got relief...it wasn't my idea...actually came from the old IP and the bolex UG boards...

The worst painful gear I ever had was from an internet compounding pharmacy-legal-prescribed...Test and deca was over 30% solvent I would think...just recently as last year I had a scripted bottle of Sandoz cyp give me some solvent fever...
The bottom line is a lot of these things can be made in a kitchen and be safe to inject..lower grade powders and solvents as well as grocery store oils non sterile glass ware and stoppers...in the end many use these with great success because they have a lot of solvent in them and were most likely heated in some way...either way it's always best to get sterile vials filters and shake n bake (and dilute if needed) to be sure you take the extra step that someone else may have missed in a mass manual production fill

It's funny that you think bacteria is the main problem with UGL gear. :D

Does all the bacteria, microorganisms causes abcesses? I think a guy on this board posted his buddy story lont time ago...he was injecting ugl stuff, used needles more than once, didn't have any abcesses at all, but died because of bacterias has lived and grown on his heart

That is called natural selection.

I have never ever gotten an abscess or infection from home brewing back in the day and I would sometimes double filter raws if I had enough time on my hand. Of course I never use a pin more than once either because that to me frankly is beyond stupid and asking for trouble. The article you posted up is from a paranoid dude who isn't even a qualified to speak on the subject because he has no backround in infection control.

Baking UGL gear is only a good idea if you think there is a ton of solvents in it that is causing problems. Baking the gear can cook off some of the solvents.

As kaladryn said a .22 filter removes everything but endotoxins.

The few times I have heard of someone getting an abcess have come from the users mistakes IMO, like injecting in front of a fan or open window or the worst is reusing pins.

Shooting gear with a ton of solvents in it will definitely make you feel like something is wrong though.

What Massive G said is funny, my buddy was using gear from a compounding pharmacy that was 10% BA and Sesame oil.. I couldn't believe it.

Baking UGL gear is only a good idea if you think there is a ton of solvents in it that is causing problems. Baking the gear can cook off some of the solvents.

As kaladryn said a .22 filter removes everything but endotoxins.

The few times I have heard of someone getting an abcess have come from the users mistakes IMO, like injecting in front of a fan or open window or the worst is reusing pins.

Shooting gear with a ton of solvents in it will definitely make you feel like something is wrong though.

What Massive G said is funny, my buddy was using gear from a compounding pharmacy that was 10% BA and Sesame oil.. I couldn't believe it.

They don't hold compounding pharmacies to the same standards as pharmaceutical companies regarding making test which is not right. Procedures and standards vary for each compound pharmacy. :rolleyes: This is why I never ever fill my script for test cyp at a compound pharmacy and instead elect to get either watson, phizer or sandoz through bigger, well-known pharmacies instead.

Last edited:
what about raws being contaminated with carbolic acid and heavy metals

why doesn't the .22 filter get rid of these

am in the uk and i know around 20 people on another forum that have gotten crap test enathate and have massive red swelling, and get flu/tiredness for days

all the other raws are fine thought, well thats what i have experienced

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner