over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Final week

michelin

Registered
What are your opinions on what to do in your final week of prep?

Is it worthwhile continuing to do what got you there in the first place eg a decent diet & cardio plan or is there a lot more to be gained by carb depleting then loading?

I've spent the past few days soaking in as much as I can from the search forums on here but Im always keen to hear real life experiences.

cheers :)

I say cruise in. The last week is where most people screw up. Slightly (30-50%) increase carb intake starting Thursday before contest and slightly decrease water intake at the same time. It will pull your sub-Q water to store the carbs with. I only take in low-glycemic carbs.
We are all different, but this is what works for me.

Last edited:
Is it worthwhile continuing to do what got you there in the first place eg a decent diet & cardio plan

YES! :)

I'd just cut cardio at 3 days out to avoid any possible extra water retention in your legs, but at the same time increase your water intake noticeably (keep sodium fairly high during that time frame otherwise it won't work the same due to aldosterone).

Then - if needed - cut all fluids 12-24 h before prejudging.

Good luck buddy! :)

Slightly (30-50%) increase carb intake starting Thursday before contest and slightly decrease water intake at the same time. It will pull your sub-Q water to store the carbs with. I only take in low-glycemic carbs.

LOL! I realize that if you read Quad-smack's reply and then mine, you'll get even more confused!! :eek: :p

What he advises worked pretty well too on my body. :)

Many ways to skin a cat... ;)

Me???....I'll just listen to what Phil tells me to do:)

YES! :)

I'd just cut cardio at 3 days out to avoid any possible extra water retention in your legs, but at the same time increase your water intake noticeably (keep sodium fairly high during that time frame otherwise it won't work the same due to aldosterone).

Then - if needed - cut all fluids 12-24 h before prejudging.

Good luck buddy! :)

As always very informative and very cool of you to share .....I like listening to guys that can display their work......yours is very visible and apparent....

The 3 day carb load is hit or miss. I have seen it work best with the use of diurectics. I do not like diurectics of any form but some fare well. I once tried dyazide and the 3 day carb load and flattened out bigger than shit.

If it was me doing the show I would carb up earlier in the week for a saturday morning show- (carb up monday night, tuesday and wednesday morning) then let water bloat leave. Drop carbs after breakfast on wed. Increase fats to make up for carb cal reductions so glycogen load will remain full and not be used for fuel. This is very important and seems to be the area most people screw up on their precontst prep. Keep water and salt 20-30% higher than norm last 7-10 days. Thursday take in only around 100 carbs early. Friday around 100 carbs early. Do not want to go into ketosis and feel bad last two days before entering show. Lowering carbs will eliminate water bloat! Do a shit load 6 am morning of the show (sat)-pizza or pancakes and syrup if needed. If flat do another shit load 2-3 hours later but dont' bloat up or take in water .

Cut water friday night around 8. Like Big A suggest in his competiton article-"keep in DHT Derivative in form of orals and tren/mast if used". Winny and tren seem to be best to increase androgen pump without causing water retention. Some take out dht derivatives to decrease water retention. I believe thats wrong as drugs like winnie are known for reducing water retention so keep them in until the day of the show.

A little honey or chocolate is great 30 mins before stepping on stage. Some like a few gulps of wine with their pre-stage sugar load to try and further increase vascularity. No water until after prejudging and only tiny gulps if needed! Most can stay with something like rice cakes and peanut butter after pre-judging but if going flat do a small shit load.

Last edited:
what about a NO2 product a short while before stepping on stage to assist in vasodilation....Opposed to vino??

thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate them and they are very helpful, Phidias youre so right with so many ways to skin a cat :)

it can be very confusing at times and my logic during this prep has always been to deal with things as they come up, hence the final week q's coming now, maybe a bit naive but it keeps my head clearer :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity