over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finally back on the board and in the game - been a long time

taz

Registered
I took a long break from everything but I am finally back on here and back in the gym training. Its been a really hard few years. I lost my gym and got sued (I get to pay for that for the next 4 years), I lost my son, and even though I have more skill than probably the next 50 salespeople, i ended up taking a VERY menial job making less than 25% of what I used to make before I opened my own business.

So that is my BS sob story. I own my shit. I made bad decisions that kicked me in the balls. Im back now though and I will be better than ever before. Im finally feeling good again in the gym and although the job I have is pretty crappy, it is honestly the most secure, stable, and solid employment I have ever had. Plus they got badass benefits, 401k, and stock sharing. The pay sucks but the benny's are worth a small fortune and our stock plan awards us approximately 1 share per year. Last year that share was worth almost $10,000. So the long term prospects are good.

Thats my long story boys. Im back. Hopefully I will be here more often nd can lend some interesting insights. As a former gym owner (5yrs), and master trainer (24yrs), muay thai instructor (14yrs), and BJJ fighter (3yrs - 2 championships, 3 silvers, 2 bronze), and strong emphasis on athletic conditioning and peak performance, I have some intersting insights that I hope can add value for you guys.

Welcome back. Do I remember you from the original UG?
The Taz of old?

Welcome back, brother! Glad to hear things are starting to look up for you. You took a hard hit, rolled with the punches, and you're a better man because of it. Definitely a lesson to be learned here for us all. We never know what could happen, and we have to (try) maintain a positive outlook regardless of our circumstances.

Hope things continue to look up for you.

Where do you train BJJ at now? What rank? What tournament, division, and experience level did you medal in?

I travel around to most of the area schools on occasion. You should come roll. I'm tight with Katz @ Rosendo's, train regularly at Paper Street, and bounce around whenever I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey BDS, i was training with Katz up there for a bit but after the law suit went through and I took a deep financial hit I just couldnt afford it. So I havent been doing it at all for like 5 months.

Dude I would love to just be able to roll again!!! I miss it. But I cant afford the 100-200 most schools charge. We just had another baby recently so money is tighter than ever before.

I miss being active!!!!

Glad your back, I crashed and burned 7 years ago after being self employed for 20 yrs... Lost everything and started back just like you.. took 6 years but Im self employed again and the income is coming around.. hang in there it gets better

thanks brother. losing my gym was a big blow to my confidence. but i am restarting. i actually got my real estate license again so im hoping that i can rebuild my career too. all this stuff happened right before we had a newborn.. which, 10yrs after our last child, is a very different experience than i remember it being.

Welcome back...

Hey Taz. Great to have you back. You plan on doing a log? Thank you in advance..
Take care.
MS

Good to see you back Taz....not many of us older guys left in statistical proportions much anymore...those of use from the early days of the web when AOL and dial up was considered fast LOL.

Hey Taz. Great to have you back. You plan on doing a log? Thank you in advance..
Take care.
MS

Thats actually a pretty good idea!!!

Im turning 43 this year. Id like to make it one of, if not my absolute, best ever. I think that might be a pretty good idea. Ill start compiling some stuff tonight and get one going starting tomorrow. I have to snap off some pics. (ugh, lol)

thanks for the warm response everyone!!!

And your right G, I do happen to remember when dial-up was the way to do. I remember it as well as I remember the accidental nights falling asleep still online and getting a $700 phone bill!!!

Welcome back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome back taz. Sounds like you have a game plan set and the determination to make it all work.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger buddy. Everything happens for a reason and we may not see it right away or for awhile but the power above does have a plan for all of us. I truly believe that even though it can be soo hard to believe sometimes. Great to have you back

Glad your back. I'm understanding of your situation lol. I'm 39 so Im cranking hard this year. I want the best body ive ever had when I hit 40. Fuck getting old.

Great to see a Vet back posting again! Sorry to hear about your hardships, especially losing your son.

Good to see you back nice to see you are back in the gym and training.

Thanks again guys. I should also note, because after reading everything above I am realizing hw badly I worded something. When I said I lost my son I was referring to any form of custody and conversation. My ex basically had him pushed out of my life and convinced him that I only care about business and myself. So LOSING him is just the fact that he is out of my life. And if I am being totally honest, that is basically why I lost my gym too. He had hated the gym because of the long hours. Once he told me that he never wanted to see me again and my ex got my visitation crushed I really didnt have any heart left in the place. I can see now, with some distance and clarity, that I just let it die.

BUT< we are in a better place and moving forward. I hope one day eventually I can see him again. It has been almost 3 years now.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify that meaning in case anyone thought any different!

FWIW, workouts have been solid this week. I am taking 2 days off to recover from the soreness that I forgot often accompanies the first few workouts back. lol. Im like a walking robot....

Taz from the old UG?

I knew a Taz over at AFBoard and WCBB too.

Welcome back though!:cool:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner