over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finally donated blood

You did the right thing by donating , your blood pressure is high and did you mean 15.9 for hemoglobin ?

jesus... what did they dart u with a harpoon?? lol

jesus... what did they dart u with a harpoon?? lol

That's what I call it harpoon. I me a mistake and asked what size needle one day. And was shocked when she said 16. I looked at it and thought harpoon. I never watch the Injection. It Hurst but goes away quick and I feel better!

The red cross is the worst!
Never understood how they could be the worst stickers of all time...
I donate at a hospital blood bank my doc writes a script for them to take a pint every 2 months as my hemo stays high on HRT and treated apnea.

Yup they use that huge 16 at my new place as well. They made this big deal as I was doing a double red and apparently no one does those there. They did have a pretty nice "buffet" of treats for afterwards. Soda, water, hotdogs, popcorn, every cookie and cracker you could think of. As much as you want. I may have gone a bit overboard lol.

plasma

thought it was same thing

Donating blood is whole blood. Apheresis is a two hour process, where they take the RBC's from one arm, the RBC's and plasma are then separated by a machine, and then the RBC's are delivered back in through the other arm.

I will never understand why they use a 16G to draw blood and this is coming from someone that's been in healthcare for over a decade. I mean I know why bc blood is very thick and you need a big gauge to get blood as quickly as possible, but most people don't have great veins and you really have to have great veins to get stuck with a 16G. 18G would be more than sufficient to take blood. Hell, when I do phlebotomy we use 23-24G butterflies and that pulls blood just fine. Again, I know that the bigger the gauge, the faster you can give blood, but there's really no need to go bigger than an 18G.

It would also make it a lot easier for people to get IV's if they weren't only using 16G needles. I've heard from a lot of people that people at Red Cross typically suck at starting IV's which makes no sense seeing as how that's all they do is start IV's, but in their defense its damn near impossible to start a 16G with out any pain.... And I consider myself an excellent stick. I can stick a new baby like no bodies business and usually get it first try. But then again, I start 95% of my IV's going down the road in a bumpy ass ambulance or in a helicopter so you have to get real good, real fast or you'll never be able to treat patients with meds.

If there's no thing I absolutely can not stand, its other paramedics or emts that sit on scene for 5-10 mins just to get a damn IV. There's a reason people call 911 and its for damn sure not to sit in someone's living room and/or driveway trying to get a like.

Ok, I'm done with my rant. :D

As a side note, you guys think a 16G is big? You should see how big a 14G catheter is. It's literally bigger than the lead in a number 2 pencil. You have to have fantastic veins to be able to accept a 14G cath and God forbid you miss with a 14G needle, bc patients will bleed like a stuffed pig when you pull that huge bitch out.

Can u request 18g? Can veins take repeated pokes with these things? Or is it just heroin tht causes veins collapsing

I'm not sure about requesting a smaller gauge, but I doubt it. Especially if you've got huge veins as it looks like you do.

As far as collapsing veins go, that's primarily caused by continuous puncturing of the veins. Yes, some drugs are more acidic than others and contain really harsh impurities that cause further deterioration of the vessel, but for the most part it's the frequent sticks that's collapse a vein.

Veins are actually really tough organisms. They contain three layers of tissues, being the Tunica intima, Tunica media, and Tunica externa. To collapse a vein you basically have to ruin all three layers.

Was nervous couldn't because of high rbc or BP

HEMO was 159 and BP was an incredible 187/85. Fack.
Blamed having 3 kids all day lol

Nice stab mark too. Wow 16g?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Holy shit bro your hemo was 159? I'm surprised they let you do it. Hope this helps you out! wait you meant 59 right?

Last edited:
159 ug/mL is equal to 15.9 mg/dL. Or 15.9g/dl=159g/L=9.86754mmol/L. That would be hemoglobin metric values.

Holy shit bro your hemo was 159? I'm surprised they let you do it. Hope this helps you out! wait you meant 59 right?

Last edited:
How do you find one of the places that pays for plasma, i tried google but every link is years old.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws