YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finally had my varicose vein surgery. Graphic Pics.

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
For a long time I've had bad varicose veins that were both painful and ugly. By the end of the day of teaching [being on my feet] my left calf is huge and swollen. Not only that- it is dangerous.

Anyway, I finally had them stripped. They sealed the saphenous vein from the groin to the knee with a laser. The rest of the veins below the knee they had to make incisions and drag the veins out.

I had this done on Wednesday morning. These pics were taken at home on Saturday morning.

Attachments

• CALF 2.jpg
    CALF 2.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 9,846
Last edited:
I haven't taken any pain meds yet.

I guess I want it to be uncomfortable so I don't try to do to much with it.

Can you tell it is somewhat tender? :)

I am hoping my leg won't be gross looking anymore either. I can't lift anything for a couple weeks. I am supposed to walk at low intensity for the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• FULL LEG AFTER SURGERY.jpg
    FULL LEG AFTER SURGERY.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 6,571
I also have an attractive stocking to wear.

Now I DO feel sexy!

Attachments

• CALF 1.jpg
    CALF 1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 9,215
Holy crap, that looks painful. All the best to
a fast recovery! Nice flower blanket too!

SSSSSSexy!

:D

Attachments

• LEG STOCKING.jpg
    LEG STOCKING.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 3,249
Hey!

Holy crap, that looks painful. All the best to
a fast recovery! Nice flower blanket too!

Thanks!

p.s. That is NOT my blanket! lol.

WOW JT! damn that does look very painful! It seems like I was just recently checking out pics you posted of "leg" day, and now these?! At least you got it out of the way. I wish you speedy recovery my man

#%&@!

Hmmm.

Looks like gang grene. Be happy its not.

Did you develop them from your years as a ballerina and syncronized swimmer? I just knew that was going to come back a haunt you.

Thats why I stick with shooting guns, drinking whisky and seducing married women. My legs still look pretty.

Last edited:
DAMN!
Holy Cow JT that looks and sounds like a pretty major deal :eek:
Hope you get better soon bud and it turns out the way your hoping for.
Ive heard you mention a few times over the years it was giving you troubles and you were going to do it.

That looks uncomfortable, but you're a tough guy :) Glad you got that done and behind you because I know its been nagging you for a while. You'll be the sexiest man in big sky country come spring and you can unveil your new manly legs.

Last edited:
The surgery should help me out.

WOW JT! damn that does look very painful! It seems like I was just recently checking out pics you posted of "leg" day, and now these?! At least you got it out of the way. I wish you speedy recovery my man
The way my leg was affected everything I did. Every once in a while I'd do leg extensions and the roller pad would be against that shin and it would hurt, etc.

I know, man. I know. I am just hoping I don't fall on the ice before it heals.

Looks like gang grene. Be happy its not.

Did you develop them from your years as a ballerina and syncronized swimmer? I just knew that was going to come back a haunt you.

Thats why I stick with shooting guns, drinking whisky and seducing married women. My legs still look pretty.
That is pretty funny! No I inherited these from my mom. Her legs are bad. My ballet will have to be on the back burner for a while. I still plan on the little dress for evenings at home.

I am driving 4.5 hours today, heading back to the Rez.

DAMN!
Holy Cow JT that looks and sounds like a pretty major deal :eek:
Hope you get better soon bud and it turns out the way your hoping for.
Ive heard you mention a few times over the years it was giving you troubles and you were going to do it.
I bitched about the veins constantly. In 1998 I had the same surgery on the other leg and they never came back. I left this on in my groin alone back then because I was worried they would have to cut through muscle to get to it. Back then I still thought I was going to be the next Arnold, [har har] so I sure didn't want scar tissue in my quads. I was thinking it might hinder my leg training. lol. Well, who knew I would back off on getting "big" when I saw my dad go through heart surgery? Lots of treadmill for the last ten years and trying to keep my weight down. :mad:

That looks uncomfortable, but you're a tough guy :) Glad you got that done and behind you because I know its been nagging you for a while. You'll be the sexiest man in big sky country come spring and you can unveil your new manly legs.
It does suck a little, but like you say these bastards have been nagging me for a long time. Maybe I will be able to wear shorts in public once again! lol. My veins were so bad in that leg that people would ask me if I got burned or ask what was wrong all the time. The pressure and pooling of blood on the shin has "stained" the skin from all the years of poor circulation, so it will be some time before I am actually sexy. Damn it! lol. :)

Looks like someone beat you with a bat, hope it doesn't feel like it looks.

Damn, JT...finally read your message. I thought it was less invasive...This looks crazy dude...:eek:

i had a vieicose vien removed from my left leg, from the ankle up the the mid thigh, but just that one main leg vien. it looks like you had a couple removed in the calf area? good to hear they never came back in you other leg, as i have seen some people have it really bad in the calf area. my surgery was like a half hour, some other people i imaginine they could strip viens for hours on in.

Dear sweet baby Jesus! That looks like it was painful brother! Hope you have a quick recovery from that. How long does it generally take to completely heal post-surgery?

I have the exact same problem JT! Thanks to my dads genetics.. Do you think once they heal that the daily swelling will lessen? I might keep in touch with you and see how this goes for you if that is okay.

Good luck bro!

I have been wondering how that surgery went. Ouch....Looks painful, but it is done now, so heal up my friend.

It's bugging me today for some reason.

Looks like someone beat you with a bat, hope it doesn't feel like it looks.
I can feel it.

Damn, JT...finally read your message. I thought it was less invasive...This looks crazy dude...:eek:
It was pretty invasive- when he was jerking on the veins to get them out- my whole body was moving. lol. I asked if some folks had tougher connective tissue and the response was- "yes, in little old ladies they slip right out...you have a lot of fibrous connective tissue and muscle.

i had a vieicose vien removed from my left leg, from the ankle up the the mid thigh, but just that one main leg vien. it looks like you had a couple removed in the calf area? good to hear they never came back in you other leg, as i have seen some people have it really bad in the calf area. my surgery was like a half hour, some other people i imaginine they could strip viens for hours on in.
I had a ton of them and they couldn't get to the ones around the ankle because the skin was too thin and prone to bleeding due to the years of extreme pressure on the tissue.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131