over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finally...I can go back to the gym

Stump

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well guys, its been a long 2 yrs and I have finally been released by my Dr. to start back at the gym. About 2 yrs ago I injured my neck, after numerous x-rays and a MRI they finally found the problem (C6 and C7) and I had neck surgery on 31 Aug. Throughout the 2 yrs I have been working with Oldfella and Phil, and I want to thank the 2 of them for trying to pull me through this. So 18 Oct I will make my comeback to the gym, it will be a slow process to get healthy and my strength back (Rome was not built in a day). Lex, thank you for all the info on the surgery. :)

This is great news............slow and steady:)

you got it bro....glad to hear you are back....I know you have heard this a lot lately but take it easy....

Did you have a diskectomy? I'm dealing with a herniated c5-c6 and am weighing my options. I'm hoping no to have such an invasive procedure. Did you consider seeing a chiropractor?

Last edited:
Did you have a diskectomy? I'm dealing with a herniated c5-c6 and am weighing my options. I'm hoping no to have such an invasive procedure. Did you consider seeing a chiropractor?

Yes, exactly what I had. The 1st step I took was to see a chiropractor, 3x a wk for 20 sessions (he claimed he could fix the issue), did feel a little relief but when I completed my sessions the pain came back and he said I would have to see him once a wk for the rest of my life ($$$$) so this is when I sought medical help.

I think chiro has its place but when you have a full herniation and disk problems that bad. I wouldnt trust it because sometimes the Chiro just wants to make $ and will make it worse for you in the long run. But I use a Chiro when I need to but just wouldnt do it for serious problems. Glad you are back being injured sucks. I hate missing for missions and then two weeks later everything seems so heavy. MM

Glad to hear you are able to get back into the gym. Same situation with me. herniated disc at L4/L5 and L5/S1.... currently weighing options as well. Both Orthopedic Surgeon and Neurosurgeon have recommended surgery~microdiscectomy. However, both are also telling me I can be back in to the gym 6-8 weeks post op. Still haven't made up my mind yet.

Curious - why 2 years off? Just the Dr orders?

glad to hear that you're good to go again

this may help a few of the questions....

when you have a lumbar disc rupture and bulge into spinal cord(actually cauda equina) they can go in from behind and move the CE out of the way and take out those bits of disc in the way...well most times...thats a microdisc...I think that helps out a lot particularly if you have pain from that bulge pressing into canal...no matter what the disc is damaged and is on its way to failure...it may take 6 months or 6 years...but it is failing.
A micro is a quick fairly non intrusive case and you will know really fast if it helped...the recovery is short...but if you think your fixed now that failure of the disc is gonna come faster...that disc micro or not is NOT THE SAME. keep that in mind.

when you have the same situation in the c spine...they can not access that space to do a micro disc...they only way to remove that is to go in from the front and do a complete discecotomy and fuse the space or an artificial disc

hope that helps. you guys have any questions hit me up...I see 10-12 a week so at least I can tell you what they are talking about or what the mechanics of the procedure is..

Well guys, its been a long 2 yrs and I have finally been released by my Dr. to start back at the gym. About 2 yrs ago I injured my neck, after numerous x-rays and a MRI they finally found the problem (C6 and C7) and I had neck surgery on 31 Aug. Throughout the 2 yrs I have been working with Oldfella and Phil, and I want to thank the 2 of them for trying to pull me through this. So 18 Oct I will make my comeback to the gym, it will be a slow process to get healthy and my strength back (Rome was not built in a day). Lex, thank you for all the info on the surgery. :)

Bro, it is great news to hear that, and you just made my day, as I was sitting here recovering from double hernia surgery, pouting thinking about not being able to go to the gym for next 8 weeks, then I read your post and how you made it back after a more serious injury and a way longer recovery, all of a sudden it doesn't seem so bad, Thanks a lot bro. You will be in my prayers bro.Very inspirational. God bless you and your come back.

Glad to hear you are able to get back into the gym. Same situation with me. herniated disc at L4/L5 and L5/S1.... currently weighing options as well. Both Orthopedic Surgeon and Neurosurgeon have recommended surgery~microdiscectomy. However, both are also telling me I can be back in to the gym 6-8 weeks post op. Still haven't made up my mind yet.

Curious - why 2 years off? Just the Dr orders?

I first noticed the injury in the late 90's and as the yrs went on the pain was just too much for me. So around March '08 I started seeking medical help and still the pain was too much (pain shooting down my left arm causing my fingers to go numb, pain shooting around my left shoulder blade) so I decided to stop the gym slowly. This is when I noticed less pain so I stopped all together. So it has been around 2 yrs since I stepped foot in the gym.

when you have the same situation in the c spine...they can not access that space to do a micro disc...they only way to remove that is to go in from the front and do a complete discecotomy and fuse the space or an artificial disc

Lex, that's exactly what I had done. Guys, if you need advise please contact him, he knows what he is talking about. I contacted him numerous times prior to my surgery and he was very helpful and he put me at ease about the whole thing. Thanks :)

Bro, it is great news to hear that, and you just made my day, as I was sitting here recovering from double hernia surgery, pouting thinking about not being able to go to the gym for next 8 weeks, then I read your post and how you made it back after a more serious injury and a way longer recovery, all of a sudden it doesn't seem so bad, Thanks a lot bro. You will be in my prayers bro.Very inspirational. God bless you and your come back.

Minister, thank you for the kind words as well as the rest of the ProMuscle family. In todays world you make what you want of it and with the help of my family and friends my surgery was a success. As of today (6 wks) I have very little pain and I'm ready for the gym, so I can hardly wait for Monday to come. Thanks to all.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws