over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finally realized my dream - Opened my own Gym

taz

Registered
Hey Guys, technically we are 100 days old now but it is still exciting as hell and something I have wanted to do for years. It has been a dream of mine to open a full scale facility geared for athletes since this is a niche market that is completely overlooked in most major metro areas with the style of training we do.

We work with rehab patients, severely obese, first time trainers, and elite level athletes. Since I have a fighting background and almost 20 years in martial arts we also incorporate various bits of boxing and kickboxing as well as self defense type moves into our training.

This gym is also a testament to a fallen friend who passed away 8 years ago. My best friend and my training partner. We always talked about one day opening our own gym. Granted, back then we wanted a hardcore balls to the wall gym chalk covered floor with cinderblock walls and nothing but solid steel everywhere. But I think he would be proud of what I created here. My goal is to open 4 more around Philly where I live and then franchise the concept out to dallas, chicago, miami, seattle, and san diego.

I just wanted to share my excitement at reaching 100 days in business! Thanks for reading. Its been a long time coming and I still cant believe it some mornings that I get to do this for my life. If any of you guys are in the philly suburbs area and want to do a cross-training/athletic style training please feel free to contact me anytime.

Congrats man. I know this feels good as i did the same thing 4 month sago with a nutrition store. Keep it up and keep rocking. Sounds like things are going good for you. Now it's time to start focusing on customer retention. Once again congrats man.

Congrats bro :)

Hell yeah bro way to go!!!

This is my dream too, maybe 20 years from now I'll be in your spot. I would leave to hear more about the process from having the idea to opening the doors, if you don't mind sharing.

Pictures would be really cool too.

I live in urban chicago, and i can tell you, most of the gyms around here suck, or are quite a bit over priced

Congrats brotha.. id love to run a gym, but around here it seems a poor investment.. the gyms here change owners alot leading me to believe they cant afford to keep up..

i don't know you Taz and you don't know me but this news is Awesome and truly a dream come true!!!

best of luck with your new biz enterprise
cavdude

im happy to share my experiences and assist anyone with anything you may need. I spent 5 years researching how to do this and how to open properly. I can tell you that I spent less than $15,000 all in on my opening including equipment.

my gym is not traditional in any sense which is why I think we have done so well. Our rates are very cheap compared to the market but I do plan to raise them in 3 months as we build our base.

One more thing I can share, and i cant stress this enough, your service levels have to be so far above and beyond the call of duty every second of every day its not even funny. I am very fortunate that our product is well received and exciting. Right now 75% of my members have referred a friend that has joined. That is how we grew. I am convinced that conceptually if you have the right idea you can make it.

That being said, if you open a run of the mill basic gym with all the same types of equipment and a bunch of cardio pieces with alot of dumbells more than likely most people will fail. There are too many national players that are stealing market share. And with the rates as low as $10 a month and $19.95 to join it makes it hard to be competitive. Around me we have 3 LA Fitness, 2 Curves, 1 Retro Fitness, 2 Snap Fitness, 3 Anytime Fitness, And 1 Planet Fitness. So the market is very saturated with big gyms.

My place is athletic style coaching mixed with compound training and high intensity workouts. We fit a very big niche of people who do not want to be bothered when they train. We have an 80% female membership rate also. Again, most women hate being stared at, hit on, bothered, or talked to when they workout. So they come here and that shit doesnt happen. They come in, they train, they go home. Also, our workout is so intense that members need only train 3 times per week rather than every day.

AND THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WELL WISHES AND WORDS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

please feel free to email me with any questions or if i can help anyone wanting to go into business for themselves. i learned alot doing this for myself and i would love to share my experience.

you can reach me at [email protected]. that is the easiest email to get me as it comes to my cell directly.

Hey Guys, technically we are 100 days old now but it is still exciting as hell and something I have wanted to do for years. It has been a dream of mine to open a full scale facility geared for athletes since this is a niche market that is completely overlooked in most major metro areas with the style of training we do.

We work with rehab patients, severely obese, first time trainers, and elite level athletes. Since I have a fighting background and almost 20 years in martial arts we also incorporate various bits of boxing and kickboxing as well as self defense type moves into our training.

This gym is also a testament to a fallen friend who passed away 8 years ago. My best friend and my training partner. We always talked about one day opening our own gym. Granted, back then we wanted a hardcore balls to the wall gym chalk covered floor with cinderblock walls and nothing but solid steel everywhere. But I think he would be proud of what I created here. My goal is to open 4 more around Philly where I live and then franchise the concept out to dallas, chicago, miami, seattle, and san diego.

I just wanted to share my excitement at reaching 100 days in business! Thanks for reading. Its been a long time coming and I still cant believe it some mornings that I get to do this for my life. If any of you guys are in the philly suburbs area and want to do a cross-training/athletic style training please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thats awesome

How is your clientele developing? In the black?

Congratz big time - I do know what its like to do what you love every day..its like a dream -

Congratulations!

I hope your venture has a long and prosperous life.

Good for you taz

Taz- Thats awesome man. I've spent the last 8 months researching this verry thing down here in south jersey. I may take you up on the offer to pick your brain. I've even contacted a couple of franchises like golds/powerhouse. Congrats man!

taz, I live in the,area. I will have to.hit you up and stop.by man. congrats

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations!
Dream and live!

Nice job brother :D

mick

Fantastic news. I wish you all the best. I opened my own gym about 10 years ago. It was the best time of my life, but I couldn't figure out how to make it profitable. Always remember that you need to make a profit. Great service is only a means to that end.

It's a labor, but a labor of love.

Best wishes, make your own good luck.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner