over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finasteride + Aromatase Inhibitor

Bealzibub

Newbies
Hello,

I am on finasteride to prevent hairloss and I need to taken aromatase inhibitor to reduce estrogen so was thinking of taking them together.

But I've just come across this study

Effect of dual inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase and aromatase on spontaneously developed canine prostatic hypertrophy. - PubMed - NCBI

"In the 5RI group, a significant decrease in the serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) level was found, and prostatic volume was significantly decreased. However, significant increases in serum testosterone (T) and DHT levels were observed, with a concomitant increase in prostatic volume in the 5RI + ARI combination group. Morphometric analysis showed that histopathological findings in the 5RI + ARI combination group were similar to those in the BPH control group."

This study is pretty much saying with Fin + Aromatase inhibitor will return DHT levels to baseline. How is this even possible. Finasteride binds to the 5AR-2 enzymes and so it can't convert T->DHT. If there are only a limited number of 5AR-2 enzymes left after taking finasteride how is possible to get baseline levels of DHT?

Anyone who has knowledge on this, please chime in thanks

That's probably because it's not done on guys using a ton of steroids, so the issue becomes more of a natural guy with DHT issues taking AIs that can boost test levels->leads to more dht conversion and so on.

I can see how this could happen, combining an anti-DHT with an Aromatose inhibitor that increases test production through the negative loop, thereby increasing DHT

too early in the morning to figure this one out but I would guess the study is bullshit. there is no way to fool the body

That's probably because it's not done on guys using a ton of steroids, so the issue becomes more of a natural guy with DHT issues taking AIs that can boost test levels->leads to more dht conversion and so on.

Excatly, taking AIs boosts test levels and leads to more T->DHT conversion. But if you take Finasteride at the same time which blocks the conversion of T->DHT by binding to 5AR2 enzymes (needed for conversion) how can the DHT levels return to normal. How is the body converting T->DHT when the all 5AR2 enzymes are taken by finasteride? It should just be an increase of Testosterone significantly and DHT/Estrogen levels should be minimal.

This is why it doesn't make much sense

Excatly, taking AIs boosts test levels and leads to more T->DHT conversion. But if you take Finasteride at the same time which blocks the conversion of T->DHT by binding to 5AR2 enzymes (needed for conversion) how can the DHT levels return to normal. How is the body converting T->DHT when the all 5AR2 enzymes are taken by finasteride? It should just be an increase of Testosterone significantly and DHT/Estrogen levels should be minimal.

This is why it doesn't make much sense

WTF, why would you assume "all 5-AR enzymes are taken by finasteride"?

There is no reason whatsoever to believe the inhibition is 100%, or even close.

You also have no idea what intracellular levels of finasteride or 5-AR are, only plasma.

I have posted that study several times, the point has nothing to do with what you are saying. The whole point of the study is that taking MASSIVE DOSES of an AI and a 5ARI causes prostate enlargement.

WHY? DHT isn't "special" it's just an androgen that binds a little easier than test (2x the affinity). 3 molecules of test is going to cause more of the same problems than 1 molecule of DHT.

Interesting and complex question.This could deff be one of the possibilties

Most of those studies don't quite apply to guys on a ton of gear, I rather lose a bit of hair than get on Propecia (finasteride) personally I don't like the way I feel on it and how it messes with my libido unpredictably.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131