over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finasteride...DHT / acne

Titan1969

Registered
I have run two cycles. My second cycle I came down with a serious issue of skin itch whenever I got warm. I was using a mere 500mg Test E weekly for 8 weeks first cycle, then 4 weeks next cycle when the itch started. I saw another poster with this issue but never saw a cure. It took 3 long months to stop the itch after I discontinued gear use. Doc was of no help, had no idea what to do and just threw meds at me. My source was legit from this board and was the same batch both times..so I highly doubt it was unclean.

After much research about the bodies sweat glands, DHT, etc....I have decide to try Finasteride with my next cycle,a DHT inhibitor, in the attempt to discover if a high DHT conversion was causing sebum / glands in my sweat ducts to become inflamed or blocked. I would often heat up during my workouts and feel like I was on fire and no sweat would be produced! Then finally the itch would start, TERRIBLE pain, and then I would start sweating. About 10 minutes after the sweating started I would be fine again. No visable signs of skin issues either?

Anyone have this skin itch and tried Finasteride before?

Anyone using Finasteride finding the side benefit of lowering acne? Its supposed to help but I can find no firm studies that say it does lower acne.

Ive been using Finasteride for about 10yrs, the only thing I have noticed is the first year or so, having a reduced sex drive.

I would reccomend taking it because its good for your prostate. Certain gear may cause the prostate to become aggitated, or enlarged (maybe Im wrong) but from what I remember reading it was beneficial to take Finasteride while on for more than just trying to save your hair. You will be fine at 1mg/day. I have my doc write me a script for the Proscar (5mg) and my insurance will cover the script. So instead of paying $180+ for a 3 mo supply I now pay $15... damn pharm companies!

Ive been using Finasteride for about 10yrs, the only thing I have noticed is the first year or so, having a reduced sex drive.
I think the Test E will compensate for the sex drive issue.:p I paid about $80 for a bunch of Fina...so price is good. But I hate to take a DHT inhibitor since DHT is a potent androgen...but that skin itch was so bad I need to figure out something.
Fortunately I have a thick head of hair, genetics. But I also have acne while on....seems if you dont have one problem youll have another.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear