over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finding Career with felony record

TTT Currently looking for employment with benefits, willing to relocate almost anywhere if there is descent pay.

I got my charges while in school ad receivin financial aid. Did my time paid my fines and started school again. All financial aid wants to know if you where convicted if so did you do treatment. That is it.
So I got my bachelors degree. Did not help. Corporations will not look at you. It's been 10 years. You will need to know someone. It is bullshit. I paid my dues went to school. Went to a very good business school and 40k in debt and still won't help. If you are thinkin school is a miracle and will make sure you get a job. It won't.

10 yrs and u havent gotten it off your record? u can do that as soon as probation/paroles over. in most cases. get a lawyer and go back to court, show them how youve changed and theyll prob expunge or reduce it to misdemeanors

ivee got 6 f's not planning a legit job any time soon.

WTF? How did you manage to fuck up that bad? Many states felonies cannot be expunged, the only option would be a pardon. I was charged with felony and got deferred. I completed that and still had an issue getting an apartment 10 years later. I just got my file sealed but that would not have been possible if it were not deferred. My case was in tx.

10 yrs and u havent gotten it off your record? u can do that as soon as probation/paroles over. in most cases. get a lawyer and go back to court, show them how youve changed and theyll prob expunge or reduce it to misdemeanors

Don't you think you would have a better chance if you got a pardon ? Pardons a good step. But what I learned from them are pardons forgive don't forget. So you are still a felon but can get licenses things like that.

1st and 2nd degree felonies can not be expunged. I have a 2nd degree for manufacturing and already talked to a lawyer. No expungement, regardless of how much time passes. Most 3rd and 4th degree felonies have a certain amount of time that must pass before expungement.

fitnesskatz

if your fines are all paid you can go back to the original judge and they will usually wipe them out for you especially at your age and if your trying to better yourself,,,or little trick apply for school and/or job in another state unless its a gov. job its a very petty background check so they only look in your residing state a ncic is exspensive for companies to do my wife plant manager at a manufacturing facility little trick i found out cuz i bet 25% of there workforce on papers as we speak,,maybe that help

fitnesskatz

pardon comes from governor,,,if its commonwealth state very different,,

Are u guys talking state or fed felonies... I don't think there are degrees in fed is there... which is harder to get rid of state or fed

State or federal they both suck. I am fortunate, I finally got a job in my degree. Took me 4 years. Companies are starting to not go back as far. Target is removing the criminal question from their applications early as spring. I think it is amazing what they are doing!!

Pardons are bull cause they forgive but don't forget!! So you still have a record. You will have to go back to court after that to get your record ex sponged!!

I agree... once a felon always a felon HOWEVER u can get your rights restored ( in AZ ) to be able to vote and carry a firearm anyways... as far as employment in the corporate world, good luck. I don't meant o burst your bubble but it is what it is unfortunately. If your good at sales that's what I always recommend to fellow felons. I got into sales in 2010, and have been making 6 figures since. Gotta roll with the punches, adapt, overcome. Felony is just a label don't let it hold u back, EVER. Best of luck to u...

I'm in the same boat received a felony while on a weekend trip to california. Was able to do probation time at home in az. After all the fines finally looking to get everything cleared out. Worked as a corrections officer for 10 years prior to all this. Putting entire life to a screeching stop!! Companies hear the word felony and conversation is over. Got a job finally making dimes and they know your situation they treat you like shit. Hoping for expungement goes through. But hope everything works out for you

I agree... once a felon always a felon HOWEVER u can get your rights restored ( in AZ ) to be able to vote and carry a firearm anyways... as far as employment in the corporate world, good luck. I don't meant o burst your bubble but it is what it is unfortunately. If your good at sales that's what I always recommend to fellow felons. I got into sales in 2010, and have been making 6 figures since. Gotta roll with the punches, adapt, overcome. Felony is just a label don't let it hold u back, EVER. Best of luck to u...

What kind of sales position are you in? Selling what? Pm me if you want

Construction road work in PA. is like $30 plus an hr and they don't give a fuck about records. Most of the people I work with are felons including myself. I made $75K last year working on the interstates

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear