advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Firefighter *fired* for competing in a bbing contest?

sad part... I think you are right...

Even worse, I bet 80% of the people on this board have a bulging disc or two, still working, walking around, working out, doing their thing and dealing with it and being productive.

Know how many people with the same type of symptoms are off on comp??? You don't wanna know!

Last edited:
Very good point Hottt. That's the thing, people don't realize that we ALL PAY for this crap. Higher insurance premiums, taxes, etc.

And don't start me on the lazy perfectly healthy widdle-waddle fat asses that park in handicapped spaces :D

THAT REALLY TORQUES MY CRANK TOO! Damn we are cranky old bastards aren't we:p

Off to the gym! With my L-4, L-5, S-1

Even worse, I bet 80% of the people on this board have a bulging disc or two, still working, walking around, working out, doing their thing and dealing with it and being productive.

Know how many people with the same type of symptoms are off on comp??? You don't wanna know!

Thankyou, at going on fifty two I have three herniated two deteriorated disc,
and to add basil cell carcinoma on my right shoulder.
With being self employed I can't afford health insurance
My girl friend's a manager at a major hotel
and what the insurance's are doing now, instead of raising rates they're
raising the co pay, hers is at 2,400.00 REDICULOUS, I'll take that back,
rates have skyrocketed too. And mostly because
of SON OF A BITCHES LIKE THIS!!!!

Last edited:
Many years ago my wife worked for a large insurance company. She would tell some great stories about people getting caught milking workers comp. Their investigator video taped a guy roofing his house AND tearing up the lake on his jet ski. I think they made him pay back the money or go to jail. When I worked in a factory there were a bunch of people that would hurt themselves doing stupid shit on the weekends. They would show up on Monday and take a dive, get hauled out on a stretcher and get a nice paid vacation. No wonder health insurance keeps going up,

PB

Many years ago my wife worked for a large insurance company. She would tell some great stories about people getting caught milking workers comp. Their investigator video taped a guy roofing his house AND tearing up the lake on his jet ski. I think they made him pay back the money or go to jail. When I worked in a factory there were a bunch of people that would hurt themselves doing stupid shit on the weekends. They would show up on Monday and take a dive, get hauled out on a stretcher and get a nice paid vacation. No wonder health insurance keeps going up,

PB

Probably the most consistant claim, the 'first thing, right of the bat' at work claim. We call them the shade tree mechanic injuries. They mess around on the weekend, get injured on a trampoline or something and stick it to the employer. Unfortunately, those are the most difficult to prove.

Just 'erks' me when I see people that are legitimately injured getting a bad wrap because of the few who are manipulating the system.

Yah you got a point. Im just on a little anti-gov phase. In fact, getting an anarchy tat soon. I just hate everything our gov stands for.

Then shut the f*** up and get out of this country because everything you've said in this thread makes you look like an idiot.

The Boston Fire Dept is filled with assholes...This isn't even bad compared to some of the shit they pull...In Boston the big fire fighter scam is when a Lieutenant is out and someone lower in rank fills in for the Lt., They somehow mysteriously injure their back on that day and go out on disability and receive Lt. pay instead of their real pay. They should investigate all of them. They reported how many or what percentage of people the city pays disability out of total retirements and it was an obscene number

Then shut the f*** up and get out of this country because everything you've said in this thread makes you look like an idiot.

So bro im white, this is my country. Nothing wrong with hating our Gov. they are shit and you know it. Canada has a much better gov than us and we should learn from them.

Probably the most consistant claim, the 'first thing, right of the bat' at work claim. We call them the shade tree mechanic injuries. They mess around on the weekend, get injured on a trampoline or something and stick it to the employer. Unfortunately, those are the most difficult to prove.

Just 'erks' me when I see people that are legitimately injured getting a bad wrap because of the few who are manipulating the system.

I watched a guy that I knew quite well pull that at work. He screwed his back up doing a landscape job for someone on the weekend. We both owned landscape businesses before we worked in the factory. He walked into work, went to his machine, fell on the floor screaming, they hauled him out on a stretcher. The kicker was that his Dad was an exec at the company we worked for. I called him a loser as they rolled him by me.

When I was working for the same company I injured my back in the gym. I went to my doc and had it looked at then went to the company doc. They put me on restriction for a week. You wouldn't believe how much shit I took from my co-workers. So much for being honest. Fucked up world we live in.

PB

So bro im white, this is my country. Nothing wrong with hating our Gov. they are shit and you know it. Canada has a much better gov than us and we should learn from them.

Being white has nothing to do with it. I wasn't insinuating that you were foreign. I'm just tired of hearing people bash this country while they live here. There are hundreds of other countries in this world. Why not move if you don't like it here? Maybe because none of them are as good as the US.

Forget that comment you made though....the first one about him suing the fire dept. would be no different than the crimes those crooked politicians you hate commit.....but you didn't see it that way.

what really burns me up about this guy is that he's lucky enough to have such a great job, $81,000 a year, full benefits, pension after 20 years and this ungrateful prick doesn't appreciate it. I'd love to have that job.

Its difficult to judge without all the facts.

A number of years ago i had a wedge fracture in my lower spine due to a fall from about 15ft or so onto my butt!!

Now i was unable to perform my job and was put on the sick, however the physio advised me to continue to do my training but in a very controlled manner and work around what would cause pain as he said this would keep me strong and avoid stiffening up or re injuring my back when i got back into it if i had a lay off.

This i did and i was able to still max out on a number of excercises but had to be very choosy.

Working in my role was a problem as there was some physical requirement to it and the, how can i put--the dynamics or sudden movements and uncontrolled movements would drop me to my knees. Yet in the gym, because i stabalised myself in preparation of each excercise i was in control and hardly ever caused any pain, unless i randomly bent over to pick up a disc-ouch. You don't tend to stabalise yourself just to pick up a 10lb disc.

I had more relapses by picking my baby up out of the cot.

So the moral of this story is, i could train quite effectively but couldn't do my physical requirements of my job. I did however return to work on recouperative duties while my back fully strengthened. Infact i ended up on the Navys Tug of War team which won the inter forces championships for the 1st time in 9 year.

So lets not critisize this guy without all the facts, and also lets not forget he has been a firefighter for a number of years and in some eyes he will be held as a HERO from the lives he has saved and the personal risks he has taken. Should this be taken away from him due to this, just a thought?

On a side note it was from this learning experiece where i eventually stopped using my weights belt as this didnt fully allow my core muscles to develop and support my spine. Belts squeeze all your insides together around the spine for support and in essence leave the muscle under developed somewhat. The belt is now saved purely for max out squats and dead lifts as a precaution only.

whose life did he save? How many more facts do you need? HE REFUSED TO RETURN TO WORK! Did you compete while you were hurt? This guy is saying it hurts to sit, stand and everything else but I'll bet he was doing crunches. The guys he worked with turned there backs on him because they know he's wrong. When they said,'Come back' he should've went back, he's no hero.

Last edited:
whose life did he save? How many more facts do you need? HE REFUSED TO RETURN TO WORK! Did you compete while you were hurt? This guy is saying it hurts to sit, stand and everything else but I'll bet he was doing crunches. The guys he worked with turned there backs on him because they know he's wrong. When they said,'Come back' he should've went back, he's no hero.

So your saying in all the time he's been a firefighter he's never saved a soul. I know quite afew firefighter and there isn't a month go by where there isnt a risk to their life.
Nope i never competed when i was on the sick. Mind you i consider the training harder than the actual competing part.
You may be right he may of been doing crunches. But have you ever had a bad back?? The position of a crunch, ie feet up upon a bench for example actually takes stress off your back and doing a crunch correctly wouldn't and didnt effect my back. Sit ups did however.

Just my view Diesel and i certainly don't want to get into any arguement with you or anything. Its just that i know of people that have been in similar situations when i have had 1st hand knowledge of the facts and when it has hit the media the report was totally wrong and exaggerated. But it made good reading if you know what i mean. Chinese whispers

So ALL the guys he works with have turned their backs on him eh. Who says this, the media??? And there always right with their facts aren't they. After all they say all bodybuilder are pumped up roid abusers and killing themselves etcetc.

Heres an example in a different vain.
A friend of mine was to be entering the New York Iron man. The media reported him as fitness this fitness that and that the Iron Man involved various disciplines of running, swimming and cycleing, doh. Thats the Aussie Iron Man, but thats the media.

Whatever. I think the guy got caught trying to scam the public. But you're probably right, everyone is just picking on him when they really should've been front row at his show cheering him on, that's the least they could've done with all the lives this guy saved investaigating fires that have already been put out. We should take up a collection for the poor guy.

Whatever. I think the guy got caught trying to scam the public. But you're probably right, everyone is just picking on him when they really should've been front row at his show cheering him on, that's the least they could've done with all the lives this guy saved investaigating fires that have already been put out. We should take up a collection for the poor guy.

I give up, whats the point eh. Youve obviously got your point of view and sticking by it. I'm on the fence as i don't know the facts and i don't take what the press say as gospel and i also sympathise with alot of firefighters as they don't get the credit they deserve.

I suppose you feel like your paying all of his sick pay out of your own pocket. Maybe you'd rather see your hard earned taxes going towards some artistic statue or such like?

Believe me my friend i hear your point. But all im saying is we can't be so nieve as to believe the media have all the facts correct.
As mentioned earlier by someone, how do we know that he wasn't 2-3 weeks out from a show and then just cruised in following his diet. After all its not as if he was a big guy or infact if he got anywhere in it with great mass and conditioning.

I guess your so pure that yove never received a dime without declaring it to the authorities for taxes etc, no guvvy jobs cash in hand, bought no illegal substances and aswell as being illegal avoided paying taxes on them as a result. Just a side note.
Just a side note thats all.

Hey if this guy has done all that has been reported he deserves to be sacked as yeh it is wrong. But that being said i still reserve the the right to say that no doubt he will many of times put his life at risk unselficiously and this should be remembered when seving opinion on unfound facts.

Does one bad event in a life make someone a bad person?

I could go on and on, but i don't want to get into an arguement. I love this board and respect everyones views and opinions. We have all no doubt done something we should not of perhaps eh, where no angels.

I respect your opinion, I know that you're just trying to point out another side of the story, I just think he was trying to pull a fast one, I have no respect for that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131