advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First bodybuilding show 5 weeks away. Will I be ready?

Im getting mad cause its people like this guy that think bodybuilding is all about gear! like others have said the guy looks close to being a natural bodybuilder but look what the fuck he is running! when I got second at jr. nationals I would have ran (if it was legal) 500mg of test enanthate and 600mgs of EQ! anyone can ask justin harris if they want as I give him full permission to tell what I would have ran if AAS was legal ;) not anywhere near what this guys is running and I would have smoked this cat like a bob marley blunt!! why? cause I know that bodybuilding is about diet, training and recovery and the gear is just supplementing the other 3. for nationals this past november my trainer wanted me to run this and that but I thought it was too much and ran 750mgs of test E, and 600mg of EQ( well would have if AAS were legal and i could legaly do that) and this is 3 years later than jr. nationals and that is as far as i have gone in 3 years (250mgs more of test) some of you guys have no fucking Idea what it takes to be a bodybuilder, I have a guy now in my gym that has been running gear for about a year straight now and just spent about 7000.00 dollars on a bunch of shit and he got 10th at a state level show in the light heavy's. he thinks its all about gear. well I just happen to step in the gym with my wife who had a meeting so i sat down and just watched this guy work out and it was the most pathetic bitch ass workout I have ever seen. I guarantee you the guy who started this thread is just like that, I would be willing to bet money on it. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach how people think that bodybuilding is just drugs, drugs, drugs! SURE DRUGS ARE PART OF IT, but nutrition, training, and recovery are a more important part of it, you get the first three nailed right and you can use far less drugs than what you imagine.

Somebody give this man a fucking cookie or a medal of honor or something because he is so fucking special that he chose not to use as much as the man who started this thread.

This thread is not about gear, how much you use, how much he uses, or how much you think somebody should use - I could give a fuck less and it is none of my business to judge a person based on how much gear they use

I don't think this thread was started for you to boast your opinion about gear usage. He was looking for feedback on his physique, maybe a little motivation. Not negativity and hate. How much gear he uses is his prerogative, and his alone.

Instead of keeping it real, try keping it positive instead of negative. The only thing that comes from negative is negativity.

Somebody give this man a fucking cookie or a medal of honor or something because he is so fucking special that he chose not to use as much as the man who started this thread.

This thread is not about gear, how much you use, how much he uses, or how much you think somebody should use - I could give a fuck less and it is none of my business to judge a person based on how much gear they use

I don't think this thread was started for you to boast your opinion about gear usage. He was looking for feedback on his physique, maybe a little motivation. Not negativity and hate. How much gear he uses is his prerogative, and his alone.

Instead of keeping it real, try keping it positive instead of negative. The only thing that comes from negative is negativity.
LOL is all I can say to that..... by the way nice avatar :cool:

IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2
IMAGE 3

Here is my 3.5 week out update pics.

The lighting isnt quite as favorable as my last update and I haven't been tanning in a month so that's starting to fade but overall I think I'm still improving a little. I am at 180-181 pounds right now when I wake up in the morning so I feel like I can make the weight class no problem. I am starting my 75mg/day of tren today to finish this thing out right.

I had a couple days where I had NO energy and had to carb up to survive but I did it mostly with oatmeal and now I'm back to a highly carb restrictive diet. I work 10 hour days on my feet so I haven't been able to do as much cardio as I'd like but I'm slowly burning calories all day so I think that helps. I will definitely be finding the time for the cardio everyday this last few weeks.

Believe me I know I've got a lot of work to do, but I'm starting to feel this great sense of accomplishment from having stuck to this for so long (sure a couple slip ups but by in large I've been really dedicated). Novice division 176, here I come!

Last edited:
1 diet
2 training
3 recovery
4 Gear

I dont care if people want to accept the doses this guy is using and can flame all you want. However he is living in a real world using real world doses. People can argue all day that those are doses a pro would use, I have seen what some pros use and its a little more that a drop of test and a bit of EQ. I know for the safety of our new members I should say no people would never use doses that high. But in wont change a thing for the person asking the question. Do I think its too much, I would say no more that guys he will be rubbing shoulders with. So all I can do is try to tell him how to use that dose safely. I would still say 75mg tren for 4 weeks before a show droping the last week out would be normal for prepping for a show at his stage.

I would love to believe guys are using less, but facts of life is can you get ready for a show using 250mg test each week, my answer yes. Can you win a national quailifer and stand on a national stage with sucess using next to no gear my answer would be a big hell no. So think what you like guys I have been around for over 15 years and have stood on national stage and will god willing be standng on stage at the Universe next year. So if you want to think these guys are using little or no gear go right ahead. Because what these guys are doing is getting regular blood work and taking every precaution possible to stay in good health also taking regular breaks from gear. Education is the kee. I cant see why you are getting mad Bboy do you honestly think every Mr.O has been using less than 2g gear each week. LMAO

im kinda for both pts. I dont know alot about gear, but that is a SHIT TON of gear. I agree that you could get those results with, since i dont know you and can obviously not comment on your intensity and commitment, ill say time. Its a bad idea to rush things in BB. Youll end up hurting yourself more in the end.

Now on the other hand, i AM a natty competitor. I just did a novice show last weekend. 32 guys there. I came in 2nd in my class and 4th overall (it was novice remember. i DEF dont think im sweet :) ). Guess how many guys of the 12 or 13 i talked to were running gear at this low level show....ALL BUT ONE! It doesnt matter how high level of a show you do. Theres always gonna be guys doing gear, even at the lowest levels. If this dude thinks he needs to do that much to be competitive then i say its his decision and he shouldnt be judged for it. But of all those guys doing gear, only one of them beat me. IMHO, TIME is what us low level guys need, not the 'fast' way. Like Bboy said, its about diet, training, and rest....and id like to add 'consistency' over a long period of time.

anyway though, GOOD LUCK BRO! Your gonna have the time of your life at your first show!

IMAGE 1
IMAGE 2
IMAGE 3

Here is my 3.5 week out update pics.

The lighting isnt quite as favorable as my last update and I haven't been tanning in a month so that's starting to fade but overall I think I'm still improving a little. I am at 180-181 pounds right now when I wake up in the morning so I feel like I can make the weight class no problem. I am starting my 75mg/day of tren today to finish this thing out right.

I had a couple days where I had NO energy and had to carb up to survive but I did it mostly with oatmeal and now I'm back to a highly carb restrictive diet. I work 10 hour days on my feet so I haven't been able to do as much cardio as I'd like but I'm slowly burning calories all day so I think that helps. I will definitely be finding the time for the cardio everyday this last few weeks.

Believe me I know I've got a lot of work to do, but I'm starting to feel this great sense of accomplishment from having stuck to this for so long (sure a couple slip ups but by in large I've been really dedicated). Novice division 176, here I come!

looking better man, yes you have accomplished alot. just keep at it. you need to lose more fat! Its hard to really tell your condition because you have no leg or back pics! get that cardio in and finish the job. are you going to do the ironman also?? I will probably go to the ironman, just dont want to travel all the way out east for the bill pearl.

the good- you have lost a lot of bodyfat and are looking better everyweek.
the bad--not sure that hard training,dieting and cardio couldn't of done the same in a much safer atmosphere. I admire your courage and dedication but wonder if risk vs reward isn't out of whack?

good work keep focused

your condition seems to be improving consistently, and i think you can come in with some nice detail.

i understand why people are concerned about the dosage, but as others have said, the effects of gear (not to mention the effects of nutrition and training) vary considerably from person to person.

this is a guy doing his first round of contest prep and cutting up pretty successfully. everyone here knows what a tough process that is, and while words of caution/advice are definitely welcome/valuable, condemning someone's methods and telling them to give up (especially when you are someone with fairly unique genetic gifts talking to a hardgainer) just seems harsh to me.

You are looking good.

If you can, please post some full body shots front and back. Surely there is someone who will take those for you.

It's easier to get the full impression that way. :)

Either way ....you've come this far and made a great deal of progress.

Stick to it...do your show and post up some pictures and all the things you learned about competition. I am always interested in hearing what competitors think about actually doing the shows. Some people like the whole experience ...like my girl friend...and some detest it....like me! :)

If you can, please post some full body shots front and back. Surely there is someone who will take those for you.

It's easier to get the full impression that way. :)

Either way ....you've come this far and made a great deal of progress.

Stick to it...do your show and post up some pictures and all the things you learned about competition. I am always interested in hearing what competitors think about actually doing the shows. Some people like the whole experience ...like my girl friend...and some detest it....like me! :)

If I was good looking as you JT, it wouldn't bother me as much.:D On a serious note JT is right post full body shots, showing mandatories. Post a picture of your wheels! You look lean and good for first show, just wanted to see the whole package.

Im getting mad cause its people like this guy that think bodybuilding is all about gear! like others have said the guy looks close to being a natural bodybuilder but look what the fuck he is running! when I got second at jr. nationals I would have ran (if it was legal) 500mg of test enanthate and 600mgs of EQ! anyone can ask justin harris if they want as I give him full permission to tell what I would have ran if AAS was legal ;) not anywhere near what this guys is running and I would have smoked this cat like a bob marley blunt!! why? cause I know that bodybuilding is about diet, training and recovery and the gear is just supplementing the other 3. for nationals this past november my trainer wanted me to run this and that but I thought it was too much and ran 750mgs of test E, and 600mg of EQ( well would have if AAS were legal and i could legaly do that) and this is 3 years later than jr. nationals and that is as far as i have gone in 3 years (250mgs more of test) some of you guys have no fucking Idea what it takes to be a bodybuilder, I have a guy now in my gym that has been running gear for about a year straight now and just spent about 7000.00 dollars on a bunch of shit and he got 10th at a state level show in the light heavy's. he thinks its all about gear. well I just happen to step in the gym with my wife who had a meeting so i sat down and just watched this guy work out and it was the most pathetic bitch ass workout I have ever seen. I guarantee you the guy who started this thread is just like that, I would be willing to bet money on it. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach how people think that bodybuilding is just drugs, drugs, drugs! SURE DRUGS ARE PART OF IT, but nutrition, training, and recovery are a more important part of it, you get the first three nailed right and you can use far less drugs than what you imagine.

bboy you are leaving out an important part of your equation, genetics! not everyone has your genetics, so yes maybe you can grow and look great on 750 test, whicg honestly i think is plenty, but many, many, many use over a gram of test. if you read the basics of dc training, it talks about the magic that happens with 2grams of test. you act like everyone should be able to compete on the same doses you use, but i am sure you were well on the low end of the spectrum compared to what your competition used. test and eq only huh? really? no tren? no winny? no gh? no clen? t3? anadrol? just curious. because if you are able to pack that much muscle on without any of these compounds than you are truly genetically gifted and should understand that what works for you will not work for us mere mortals. i also love how you found a way to put a plug in for phil, ( which i think phil is great) but it shows that your posts like this are somehow meant to impress people like phil. just my opinion and i certainly welcome your feedback. keep in mind i was polite:p

Going back to the original question - yup looks like you are on track in terms of prep for the comp. Nice & lean - I think you'll make a good showing in the novice class. Enjoy it and have a good time - not many guys get there (myself included) next comp you'll be better prepared. and take head to all the cautionary words - do your research and get take care of your health. No one will know your body better than u!

Good luck dude!

I will definitely post pictures after the show, I really don't have any free time when anyone is awake to take the pictures. I don't know if I mentioned this on here or not but I serve tables 10 hours a day (I'm a manager of a restaurant) which has seriously hurt my leg development but it's made some great progress too.

Getting into bodybuilding shape is really tough especially on a 4 month plan. After this show I am planning a LONG layoff of the drugs/caffeine/all things unnatural. I'll keep training and eat reasonably well after a week or two of binging. A work friend I have competed for 18 years and said after this competition he'll get me on a game plan to move up to 198. I'm thinking I won't do a show again til 2011 or something. It can't be a 5 time a year thing for me.

For now, it's just a matter of staying focused. 3 weeks from today. Thats all I have!

B-Boy you missed my point.

no my friend keeping it real is "a guy that needs to take 2g of gear (and looks damn close to being natural) to stand on stage in a novice division needs to take up a different fucking hobby ;)

There is no dought you are correct about this guy in the post that we are talking about. In fact all your posts are spot on.
What I meant was there is waaay more big guys like yourself that need alot more gear than you to look like YOU! When I see a guy that looks like a natty and takes gear I'm thinking he has a diet problem. Is that safe to assume?

BTW: I think he looks great and could probably have done this without gear.

The problem

With all the steroid abuse going on today............this sport is morphing from
1 diet
2 training
3 recovery
4 Gear
.................to...........
1 Gear
2 training
3 Gear
4 rocovery
5. Gear
6. Diet...........and it has to be that way just to keep up with the abusers. Lets face it, more drugs make a bigger person that is harder to beat.....it forces us all to adapt to this nonsense. If we were all natural we all have a level playing field.........guys that add this much up the ante for everyone, creating a domino effect of bad blood (work).

Letsrun4it, first off, very good progress, When I first opened your pic (the before), I thought that you may be OK in 5 weeks for a novice show.

But from your after pics, I can say that you will do pretty good for that level of a show. As others have said, you should post some full body shots.

I did almost exactly the same thing as you last summer for my first show, I started at about 205-210 and was 178 on the day of the show.

The pics in my avatar are from that show. But a few days later I was back up to 205. So a lot of the weight was water loss.

I'm not going to give an opinion about your supplements, I mean it's a very private and individual thing, you do what you do.

A couple of questions, though how tall are you?
And how long have you been training?

Good luck!

With all the steroid abuse going on today............this sport is morphing from
1 diet
2 training
3 recovery
4 Gear
.................to...........
1 Gear
2 training
3 Gear
4 rocovery
5. Gear
6. Diet...........and it has to be that way just to keep up with the abusers. Lets face it, more drugs make a bigger person that is harder to beat.....it forces us all to adapt to this nonsense. If we were all natural we all have a level playing field.........guys that add this much up the ante for everyone, creating a domino effect of bad blood (work).

yea i agree. This has nothing to do with being 'for or against' the guy that started this thread, but it is a pretty crappy domino effect, and if you really do train natty, it sucks that theres basically no shows (least rd me) where the majority of guys ARENT on gear. It does create an unfair enviroment :/ WHat i find strange though is that at my show, of all the guys talking to me about their gear, i woulda only thought 2 were actually on gear. It just proves the pt that phil made, that to many people rely on drugs and use it as a crutch to support a bad diet.

it just goes to show how important genetics are in our sport. There are guys like yourself who can stand onstage using what you say and place second at a top ammeter show and there are guys like your friend that thinks he needs that much and still only placed 10th.
exactly!

There is no dought you are correct about this guy in the post that we are talking about. In fact all your posts are spot on.
What I meant was there is waaay more big guys like yourself that need alot more gear than you to look like YOU! When I see a guy that looks like a natty and takes gear I'm thinking he has a diet problem. Is that safe to assume?

BTW: I think he looks great and could probably have done this without gear.

No that's not safe to assume at all. I believe that I could have achieved my leaness naturally but no way I'd get th muscle quality I have. That said, I think I'd have been 4-5 years older by the time I got there...and now when I'm 30 (I'm 25 now) I'll have a chance to be much bigger. Gear is great but nobody should think that just cause I use a high dose that I am not dieting as hard as anyone who is not. I am living off of chicken breast and egg whites and EFA

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131