over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First cycle critique please

am0rphis

Newbies
Hey guys, let me introduce myself.

34 yo, 5'11", 180lbs, 14% bf. Started 3 years ago and went all the way from 135 to 180 naturally.
I'm getting ready for my first cycle and would like to hear your opinions.

Here's my plan:

Gear

Weeks 1-10: Test E @ 250mg/week
Weeks 4-10: HCG @ 250 iu twice a week
Week 11: Nolva @ 40mg ED
Weeks 12-13: Nolva @ 20mg ED

Diet

Meal 1: Cereal, Milk, Olive Oil, Banana
Meal 2: Milk, Protein Isolate
Meal 3: Bread, Eggs, Ham, Cheese, Salad, Milk
Meal 4: Milk, Protein Isolate
Meal 5: Pasta/Potato, Chicken, Salad, Milk
Meal 6: Milk, Protein Isolate

In total that's around 2900 cals, 290g pro, 90g fat, 230g carbs + I add Ultra Fuel (~400cal) PWO.
As a workout routine, I'm using Gavin Kane's Hardcore Bulking program.
My goal is 195 lbs, 10-11% bf.

Any thoughts, suggestions, corrections are highly appreciated.

looks reasonable. Keep an eye on that diet though. I think you will lose some fat on that but you will need to increase your intake at some stage! Just watch the mirror an s se how you look. Once you get BF levels down slowly increase calories.

Bump Oldfella. I prefer fish oil as a EFA source.
It's good to see someone who has done research, thought this through, has put in some years of natural work and considering sane amounts.
Welcome aboard am0rphis.

34 yo, 5'11", 180lbs, 14% bf. Started 3 years ago and went all the way from 135 to 180 naturally.

looks reasonable. Keep an eye on that diet though. I think you will lose some fat on that but you will need to increase your intake at some stage! Just watch the mirror an s se how you look. Once you get BF levels down slowly increase calories.

I disagree OF. At 5 ft 11, 180 lbs is still light. And, putting on 45 lbs in 3 years naturally, and being 14% when your done, would be amazing. Something is wrong with that picture IMO....

amorphis have your gains stopped? possibly you need to readjust your diet to continue to grow naturally. You should be 200 lbs before you cycle. If your not near your natural max then doing a cycle now is a mistake as your ability to keep your gains diminishes.

About your cycle, you should take a closer look at the time between the last test shot and the beginning of PCT. There needs to be a time to let your test levels drop through the floor before you run the Nolvadex. Clomid may help as well.

But IMO if you gained 45 lbs in 3 years then you need to go another year natural before you cycle. For the record I didnt do AAS until I was 42. I know thats not the norm....I just prefer to see men near their max before they cycle.

later:cool:

Thank you guys all for your input!

Oldfella, what do you think about those pro/fat/carbs ratios? If I were to increase cals, would they be mainly carbs or fat?

It's good to see someone who has done research, thought this through, has put in some years of natural work and considering sane amounts.
Welcome aboard am0rphis.

Thanks for the good words Quad-smack!

..putting on 45 lbs in 3 years naturally, and being 14% when your done, would be amazing. Something is wrong with that picture IMO....

Well, that's the way it is :) Here's my 3 year back progress picture
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

have your gains stopped?

I started working out in April 2005, in April this year I was 176 and since then I only gained 4 lbs, although I'm still working hard, doing mostly base.

About your cycle, you should take a closer look at the time between the last test shot and the beginning of PCT. There needs to be a time to let your test levels drop through the floor before you run the Nolvadex. Clomid may help as well.

I was thinking about doing PCT on weeks 12-14, giving it one more week after my last test shot, but wasn't quite sure about it, since I was going to use HCG during the cycle. Thanks for your advice!

well, I'll go out on a limb here......

looking at your pics only reinforces my belief your not ready because your not big at all. I dont see 45 lbs of progress. Your shoulders need work, your tricepts and arm size are lacking. Basically it does not appear to me your working hard or pushing any weight. I just dont see where your developed anywhere near your natural max.

There is some progress, but not much. At 5 ft 11, 180 lbs, your just not ready. Your pics prove it.I'm not here to be mr. popular, and I call it as I see it.

You need another year or two, and you need to start to bust your ass, and show some real growth.

Edit: "upon futher review".....I was a little harsh. You do show some gains in size. I'll will stand by my assessment, and say your not ready for AAS.

Last edited:
so much more natural growth potential left in your physique bro!

I disagree OF. At 5 ft 11, 180 lbs is still light. And, putting on 45 lbs in 3 years naturally, and being 14% when your done, would be amazing. Something is wrong with that picture IMO....
amorphis have your gains stopped? possibly you need to readjust your diet to continue to grow naturally. You should be 200 lbs before you cycle. If your not near your natural max then doing a cycle now is a mistake as your ability to keep your gains diminishes.

But IMO if you gained 45 lbs in 3 years then you need to go another year natural before you cycle. For the record I didnt do AAS until I was 42. I know thats not the norm....I just prefer to see men near their max before they cycle.

later:cool:
What I am saying is that cals will probably be too low for the long haul. he is going to need to up the protein to gain more mass. Also increase carbs a little. But yes, get the bf % down as you go and then add quality cals in proteins and carbs to increase lean mass gains.

Thank you guys all for your input!

Oldfella, what do you think about those pro/fat/carbs ratios? If I were to increase cals, would they be mainly carbs or fat?

I would increase proteins and carbs. Go as hard as you like with the protein and only add a small to moderate amount of carbs. I am leaning in favor of drob and B-boy here about waiting another 12 months before hitting the gas. I think with some more intelligent training and solid nutrition you do still have some good gains to be had. Now that I have come back to this thread and seen progress pics. Your progress is good. I can see the overall size you have gained and the fat that you have lost. I do think you can do better. Good that you posted pics, because this paints a whole different picture for us to evaluate.

I'm getting ready for my first cycle and would like to hear your opinions.

Here's my plan:

Gear

Weeks 1-10: Test E @ 250mg/week
Weeks 4-10: HCG @ 250 iu twice a week
Week 11: Nolva @ 40mg ED
Weeks 12-13: Nolva @ 20mg ED

Diet

Meal 1: Cereal, Milk, Olive Oil, Banana
Meal 2: Milk, Protein Isolate
Meal 3: Bread, Eggs, Ham, Cheese, Salad, Milk
Meal 4: Milk, Protein Isolate
Meal 5: Pasta/Potato, Chicken, Salad, Milk
Meal 6: Milk, Protein Isolate

In total that's around 2900 cals, 290g pro, 90g fat, 230g carbs + I add Ultra Fuel (~400cal) PWO.
As a workout routine, I'm using Gavin Kane's Hardcore Bulking program.
My goal is 195 lbs, 10-11% bf.

Any thoughts, suggestions, corrections are highly appreciated.

I disagree with this diet, but that's me.

You may want to consider a more advanced Post Work Out (PWO) shake like Waxy Maize 80g & BCAA's 10g followed by 50g whey isolate 40-60 minutes later or adding Phil's LBA's. At the very least CytoGainer...
I would agree with Oldfella & Bboy - you have more growing (& learning about nutrition & training) to do before its time for the alternative...
Fill us in on your adaptation of Gavin's hardcore bulking program.

Last edited:
so much more natural growth potential left in your physique bro!

I hope you understand what b- is telling you and think it through very carefully because he is correct 100%. Know one wants to hear "wait a while" or "your just not ready yet". From what I see you are not ready to think about a cycle. If you disagree and feel that you have put enough effort into your excersize and diet over the three years that's to bad because whatever you have been doing over the three years is not enough to benefit from a cycle in the least and you will not benefit much if at all. I get the impression you think that a cycle will be all you need to blow up to your desired appearance but it just dont work that way.
In short...you have way to much to improve upon in your workout, effort, diet, and knowledge to start using drugs now and you should tweak all of those factors (which are more important than any cycle anyway) first and foremost. I think you have come a long way in terms of your research so just be patient and you will be much better off and save yourself a lot of risk and money.

If thats 3 years growth ,training & diet are way off,you dont even look like you lift weights.What is your training like now?

Uhhhmamshadamsha

If thats 3 years growth ,training & diet are way off,you dont even look like you lift weights.What is your training like now?

I was wondering if that was the same pair of briefs from three years agO? ;[

Last edited:
Congratulations on your progress. I definately see some gains there where your shoulders, arms, and back are starting to take shape. That's got to be a good feeling, However....., I am aligned with the group that says you would seem to have a good bit of room left naturally. At the very least you have some things to improve on your workout routine/split/intensity and/or diet/recovery in order to maximize your gains from AAS.

Please understand its difficult from one picture, but, I think if you don't fix the big things, diet/recovery/training intensity/routine, you aren't going to be happy when you hit the "turbo". Your body needs to be running well before the turbo boost is going to be effective. Again its just my opinion.

On the plus side your plan of usage looks conservative. Again congratulations on your gains to date and your search for knowledge to get even better.

Pekkerwood

I disagree with this diet, but that's me.

Could you be more specific on why you disagree and how it can be improved?

You may want to consider a more advanced Post Work Out (PWO) shake like Waxy Maize 80g & BCAA's 10g followed by 50g whey isolate 40-60 minutes later or adding Phil's LBA's. At the very least CytoGainer...

I appreciate your advice. Just ordered Waxy Maize, BCAA and Glutamine.

Fill us in on your adaptation of Gavin's hardcore bulking program.

Here it is:

Day 1: Chest and Shoulders

Bench Press 5x5
Inclined Press (BB) 3x8
Wtd Bar Dips 3x8

Shoulder Press 5x5
Side Lateral Raises 2x12

Crunches 1x30

Day 2: Legs

Squats 5x5
Leg Extensions 2x15
Hamstring Curls 2x15
Standing Calves 3x12
Seated Calves 3x8

Crunches 1x30

Day 3: Back

Deadlifts 5x5
Bent-Over Rows (rvrs, BB) 3x8
Pull-downs 3x8
Shrugs 3x8

Crunches 1x30

+ 2 days a week I do quick ssets on biceps: Curls (DB) + Reverse Curls (EZ, BB)

If thats 3 years growth ,training & diet are way off,you dont even look like you lift weights.

You think change like that can happen just from reading BB forums? :)

My suggestions

1. Drop bench press from chest day.
2. Add in something extra for hams - Romainian Deadlifts, Good-mornings, Stiff-legged-deadlifts etc.
3. Quit wasting time doing abs - do you think you can work one muscle and make it smaller/tighter/trimmer and then turn around and work another muscle and make it grow? If you have figured out how to do this, please share it with us.
4. Pull-ups instead of pull-downs.
5. Add in 1 exercise for biceps on Back day.
6. Add in 1 compound exercise for triceps on Chest/Shoulders day.

Now, what about your cardio?
I will say this. There are Trainers on this board that do this professionally. If you need more detail than I am giving you, then you need to consider hiring one.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner