pbmpp

Newbies
5'11"
14%
Training 3 years

1-10 Test E 500mg/wk
6-11 Var 40-50mg/day

Questions:

My body maintains the 202 14% indefinitely on about 3.5k cals/day. I lift 5x a week with very high volume already. Back, Chest, Off, Shoulders, Legs, Arms, Off.

The question is what would you guys do training and diet-wise once it starts? I was thinking of eating at my normal maintenance for the first 6 weeks and then cutting hard (2k cals a day) once I add the var in. How do you think that'd turn out in the end?

Other ideas greatly appreciated.

So many ways to skin the cat, but I def would not recommend going down to a ~1,500 kcal per day deficit.

I don't think it's a bad idea to use this as a mild cut. Since it's your first cycle, you can probably get bigger and leaner at the same time anyway. You'd prob be better off with a small calorie deficit, say 300-500 kcal per day. You could probably end the cycle around your current weight but with a much better composition and then bump your calories to 500 over maintenance when you come off.

Also, may want to try hitting muscles 2x per week, but reduce the volume per workout so the total is around the same as you would do if you did it once a week. A push/pull split 4 days per week (2x each) works well.

pretty good post by CDJACK.

Definitely use this cycle to get leaner and grow muscle. you should have some pretty dramatic changes if done correctly.

i would ditch high volume asap

i would eat constant macro that makes you get leaner and bigger over time.

i wouldnt mess with var :) (thats just me)

and welcome to the dark side. honestly, i wish you wouldnt

would love to hear from you 10 years from now and see what you may have done differently.
-JS

So many ways to skin the cat, but I def would not recommend going down to a ~1,500 kcal per day deficit.

I don't think it's a bad idea to use this as a mild cut. Since it's your first cycle, you can probably get bigger and leaner at the same time anyway. You'd prob be better off with a small calorie deficit, say 300-500 kcal per day. You could probably end the cycle around your current weight but with a much better composition and then bump your calories to 500 over maintenance when you come off.

Also, may want to try hitting muscles 2x per week, but reduce the volume per workout so the total is around the same as you would do if you did it once a week. A push/pull split 4 days per week (2x each) works well.

Interesting. I was thinking a kind of recomp would be cool but everything I've been hearing says that'd be asking for too much on such a mild cycle. I don't like the push/pull type of training, just don't respond well to it. Might give Layne's old Power/Hyper routine a shot though. Love that routine and it's been a while since I've done it.

Upper Power
Lower Power
off
Chest/Arms Hyper
Back/Shoulders Hyper
Legs Hyper
off

Should also mention that I'm only planning on doing one cycle. Gotta see what all the hype is about. Plus I don't have the money to keep it up and don't want to keep rolling the dice legally.

Last edited:
overcomplicating things imo.
lift balls to the wall low volume.

depending on your genetics and response to drugs.... i had a client that put on 25lbs or more in bout 6 months or less on 750mg test alone. so it can be done.
-JS

overcomplicating things imo.
lift balls to the wall low volume.

depending on your genetics and response to drugs.... i had a client that put on 25lbs or more in bout 6 months or less on 750mg test alone. so it can be done.
-JS

Interesting you say low volume. Everyone has told me that to keep the tendons/ligaments healthy and happy to go high volume instead of going crazy upping the weight.

ok

Interesting you say low volume. Everyone has told me that to keep the tendons/ligaments healthy and happy to go high volume instead of going crazy upping the weight.

go for it.
are you old?
cuz you sound young.... i am not sure you need to worry about joint pain right now at this point. most guys are worried about GAINING MUSCLE on first cycle. my advice was for making most gains on that cycle.

lift INTENSE, lift BRIEF and go EAT and shoot DRUGS. that always works. pretty simple. who recommends volume training? thought the hot thing with young guys is DC Training.....?
-JS

go for it.
are you old?
cuz you sound young.... i am not sure you need to worry about joint pain right now at this point. most guys are worried about GAINING MUSCLE on first cycle. my advice was for making most gains on that cycle.

lift INTENSE, lift BRIEF and go EAT and shoot DRUGS. that always works. pretty simple. who recommends volume training? thought the hot thing with young guys is DC Training.....?
-JS

21. Already have a bunch of joint issues so I'm trying to do it as smart as possible =\

21. Already have a bunch of joint issues so I'm trying to do it as smart as possible =\

Ah, gotcha.
be careful and lift intensely to failure no matter what you do.
i have been doing a bit more volume (which is still low volume to 90% of the planet lol) and it has been little easier on the bod.

you are gonna have a good time. dont take it too serious. enjoy growing. PM me if have any questions i might be able to shine light on.

btw, best i ever looked i worked out for 25min on weights and did 10 min of cardio 6 times a week. it would drive me crazy to do double that and look the same or worse...... thats why i like high intensity low volume. other suckers spend hours trying to look like i do in minutes :D

we are all different. to each their own. it all works with drugs and food really... to a point.
-JS

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha.
be careful and lift intensely to failure no matter what you do.
i have been doing a bit more volume (which is still low volume to 90% of the planet lol) and it has been little easier on the bod.

you are gonna have a good time. dont take it too serious. enjoy growing. PM me if have any questions i might be able to shine light on.
-JS

Will do, 'preciate it!

Last bump for the night crew then I'll leave you bros alone. Thanks again!

Planning on doing only one cycle...if i had a dollar for every time I've heard that. If you really don't ever want to use again, I suggest not doing this cycle. I dont know anyone who has been able to just do 1 cycle and stop forever.

Planning on doing only one cycle...if i had a dollar for every time I've heard that. If you really don't ever want to use again, I suggest not doing this cycle. I dont know anyone who has been able to just do 1 cycle and stop forever.

Ha I know everyone tells me, but to be honest I'm very content with how I feel and look right now, and the way my life is going. This is more of an "icing on the cake, just to see what it's like" kind of deal.

Ha I know everyone tells me, but to be honest I'm very content with how I feel and look right now, and the way my life is going. This is more of an "icing on the cake, just to see what it's like" kind of deal.

Understood, but you are one of MANY MANY people who have said this same thing...and then once you see how great your gains are on cycle and how shitty you feel coming off, you'll think twice.

Understood, but you are one of MANY MANY people who have said this same thing...and then once you see how great your gains are on cycle and how shitty you feel coming off, you'll think twice.

I assume coming off is like withdrawing for a few weeks and then eventually you feel back to normal? Mentally prepping for it haha.

Not really. You will never again feel like you did when you were taking steroids...strength and performance wise I mean

its still the darkside

will have you making illegal decisions in no time. make you compromise your health in no time.
if planning on one cycle dont do one. it wont be one.....
-JS

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic