over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Cycle....why not tren?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Two of my fat out of shape friends decided to start working out with me a long time ago and both made great progress they're not fat and out of shape anymore they look good and healthy I'm very proud of them. They've been begging me to get them on some gear, for months I've been dissuading them and telling them not to get into it but they are determined and really I can't blame them I don't regret using AAS at all I look forward to my cycles. Well recently they've decided to go on without me and pick some up from some random guy and they got ripped off big time but they had the vials in hand, I told them to stop, toss that shit out and come spring they can cycle with me.

They're pretty lucky, I wish I had someone as knowledgeable as me with real experience who cared about them to get them through their first cycle. Not to say I'm some guru but when I first started I was taking advice from my friend who was getting advice from the guy selling it to him and the gear was garbage and the advice was even more so.

So anyway, I was thinking of getting them on some basic test and var. I'm sure they'll make nice gains and be happy with it. For me I am going to be running tren with that test and var and I'm thinking why would I cheat these guys out of better results? Obviously everyone is different so if they don't react well to the tren, or anything else, I will shut it down. I know the general parroted consensus is "tren is too harsh for a first cycle" but is that because the compound itself is too harsh or most guys don't know what they are doing the first time around?

I just kind feel like I would be cheating them if I didn't give them the best cycle I could results wise especially since in my opinion they would recover without a hitch after their first one. What do you guys think?

First cycle, no way on tren.
If they’re fat I’d get them on winstrol and tbol to start. It’ll have them looking leaner fast. For injects maybe npp. Those 3 give lean gains.

My take on this is this.

If you are a recreational lifter who just does this for fun and to look decent, and doesn't take it too seriously; Don't take steroids. This is the advice you gave your friends and it's spot on. It's a roller-coaster of maintaining your health, side effects, ancillaries, blood work (if you're smart), and then going back for more (very few people cycle once or twice).

What I've seen with guys who started using compounds like tren right off the bat is that they started relying on them heavily. I know a guy who stays on tren year round, because he loves the "look". Guess what? His first cycle included tren. But these are the guys who are recreational lifters; training is subpar, diet is meh, but enough AAS (especially tren), and they can look somewhat decent compared to normal folks.

Now the serious lifter would be better off staying away from Tren for the first 2 years of his cycles. Man, looking back, I would keep my doses WAY WAY lower, and introduce a second compound probably a year after just using testosterone. The sooner you play these trump cards, the less you have to play with as you advance.

If people just took a LITTLE bit of a slower approach with this stuff, just had a bit more patience, in the long run they'd be using half the doses that they are with the same amount of development. Sadly, I learned this a bit of a hard way too; but my doses keep going down each blast (and sticking to basic compounds like test, growth , and an anabolic).

My doses were never crazy; (my hypochondriac nature, and stumbling onto Pro-muscle helped a LOT), but there was a small period where I was researching drugs more than diet, or training.

Sometimes; you need to experience it to learn from it in life. The sooner you can learn, the less damage you do to yourself in the long run.

I sometimes think this 'tren-fear' is overblown, as I have taken tren for years and years and have had few of the sides a lot of people talk about. Yes, everybody is different. There have been times I've taken it for prolly 6+ months at a time, I don't know. I also took tren on my first cycle - back then it was Parabolan. But also "back then" in the late '80s nobody knew really anything about the juice, at least locally, it was always 'take a couple of these pills every day, a couple shots of this a week', lol. The only issues I've had with tren were several years ago I had to stop because anything that touched my body left a massive bruise. On my current cycle I had to drop it because i couldn't breath anymore.

I would just tell them if they want to take it, fine, just make them aware of the typical sides and tell them to stop it if any show up. I would start with tren a as opposed to tren e though.

I sometimes think this 'tren-fear' is overblown, as I have taken tren for years and years and have had few of the sides a lot of people talk about. Yes, everybody is different. There have been times I've taken it for prolly 6+ months at a time, I don't know. I also took tren on my first cycle - back then it was Parabolan. But also "back then" in the late '80s nobody knew really anything about the juice, at least locally, it was always 'take a couple of these pills every day, a couple shots of this a week', lol. The only issues I've had with tren were several years ago I had to stop because anything that touched my body left a massive bruise. On my current cycle I had to drop it because i couldn't breath anymore.

I would just tell them if they want to take it, fine, just make them aware of the typical sides and tell them to stop it if any show up. I would start with tren a as opposed to tren e though.
Overblown? No sides? Yet you got bruising and breathing issues? These are serious sides! Bruising could be a hematology issue and breathing could be related to cardiovascular issues. Hello!?

if you are going to cross over to the dark side....

may as well use the things that will help em most. if they are overweight they need to diet and exercise consistent. BUT, we all know they wont. and will just become abusers of AAS when they contribute all their progress to juice cuz they never did diet or exercise without it.

imo, tren is one of the best recomp drugs there is. if they want results, tren will get em results. its all illegal. its all unhealthy so use what will work imo.
-F2S

Personally I love tren. And the sides.
Idk why. But I'd never recommend on a first second or even third cycle.
How many times has someone taken something and the cycle gets
Derailed by other things. Why start on something that shuts them down when 500 mg of test would give them 90% of the same benefits.
It's like the injured guy taking a 5mg perc. Few years in he needs two 30 mg oxy for same pain relief. Would he recommend someone who has no tolerance the heavy dose. It'd probably kill some.
Maybe a bad analogy. But my advice is go slow. As gains are limited. They will need something stronger later as their body gets used to AAS. Just my opinion.

I agree with thethinker48, recreational lifters using steroids is dumb.

You don't use Tren on the first cycle for the same reason that you don't jump in a Bugatti Veyron the first time you drive a car.

Do you ever get bloodwork?

I know from experience that even low dose tren screws up my lipid values like nothing else I took.

My HDL is naturally high....but even a short 8 week run of Tren A at a low dose completely wrecked them.

Enough so that I gave it up years ago and it took a lot of time and effort getting my lipids back into the ranges I was comfortable with.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I agree with thethinker48, recreational lifters using steroids is dumb.

So prancing around flexing for a plastic trophy somehow makes you morally superior enough to deem the rest of humanity not worthy of AAS..

Have them do a simple 8 week sust. cycle, with E3D injection. Then they can gage if its something they can endure. Then they can go from there.

very first steroid i ever did was tren i made myself.
3 week short cycle just to experiment to see what it did by itself before i did my first test cycle.
50mg a day. went from 194 to 201 and was leaner at 201 than 194. it was scary good the results i got.
i eventually hit 235 but never looked as good as after that first 3 week trial.
no sides at all. except my hair jumped outa my head fast.
would i recommend it? hell yeah i would,
but only if u plan on a lengthy cycle afterward. cuz instant hpta suppression can be a bitch and may not be worth it for that short stint.

First cycle should be a low dose test only cycle...

So prancing around flexing for a plastic trophy somehow makes you morally superior enough to deem the rest of humanity not worthy of AAS..
That wasn't my definition of a serious lifter.

If this is something that is important to you personally, then by all means make the adult decision. A lot of us make bodybuilding a big part of our lives; we don't have the genetics and most dont even compete. But it's a fun and serious hobby for us where drugs are a piece of the puzzle.

If a weekend warrior who eats 3 meals a day, plays ball every night, and lifts chest on Mondays wants to load up the tren, then by all means go for it. Guess who is seeing a nephrologist in 12 years or who is openly proclaiming crazy dosages with a subpar physique to the world?

Worse yet, hes one of those unfortunate people who never bounces back after 1 cycle; now you got a compromised HPTA for life over some abs and veins you wanted at the beach.

We play the game, and we pay the price. Some play it without glancing at the menu.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Youve told them not to go there, and now youre gping to help them. Its good they have experienced advice, but...
What would a coach require of them? follow a diet first, get blood work done, then we'll discuss supplements. You mention that they work out, but do they know how to eat according to their goals? And when they get on supps, will they now how to adjust how they eat?
In a world thats quick to cut corners, it doesnt seem theres as much pride in work and accomplishment. Im old school like that, I guess. I also know that people Ive worked with who apply these same beliefs come away with a changed life and mentality, not just a change in the mirror and health problems
Why be in a rush?

Last edited:
It cracks me up when people that compete act morally superior to those that just workout to look good. I consider myself a "serious lifter" lol and I used to be of the mindset that nobody that competes should ever use because its not justified. According to who? Where is that line drawn?

I've heard so many ridiculous imaginary rules about the amounts and compounds people should or shouldn't be able to use. If someone competes 4x a year they can use more than someone that competes every 3 years? Once you reach 315 for 6 on bench you can use tren but NEVER before that...Mast should NEVER be used until you're 7.3% body fat!

It's not your job to tell someone whats justifiable to put in their bodies. You may not agree, but people can do what they want.

If going to a beach party and looking good means a lot to them then so be it lol, I do think someone should have a base when starting no matter what their goals are, but thats another story.

With that said I would save then for at least 3rd cycle due to the sides and the simple fact that hopefully by that time you'll be able to recognize how your body responds to other compounds.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420