over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First ephedra ban signed!

JAG

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Illinois Gov. Signs Ephedra Ban
Mon May 26, 7:21 AM ET Add Health - AP to My Yahoo!

By BRANDON LOOMIS, Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO - As he signed the nation's first statewide ban on ephedra, Gov. Rod Blagojevich urged other states and the federal government to adopt similar bans.

Blagojevich was joined by the parents of a teenager who died of a heart attack last fall after using ephedra. The diet supplement has been blamed for nearly 120 deaths.

"It's a good first step but it's not enough," Blagojevich said of the signing Sunday.

Ephedra drew national attention after officials investigating the February heat stroke death of Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect Steve Bechler linked it to a diet pill containing ephedrine, ephedra's active ingredient.

The herbal supplement is sometimes marketed as an athletic performance enhancer.

The drive for a ban in Illinois began last September with the death of 16-year-old Sean Riggins of Lincoln, whose father said he was taking the supplement to help make the first-string football team.

"We have to make sure that (young athletes) can no longer go to the store and buy ephedra as easily as they can chewing gum," Blagojevich said. The ban took effect immediately.

Riggins' parents, Debbie and Kevin Riggins, are working with Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Illinois, in seeking a nationwide ban from the Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites).

"With the signing of this bill today, we are the benchmark," Kevin Riggins said.

Earlier this month, nutritional supplement retailer General Nutrition Centers said it would stop selling products containing ephedra. Florida Gov. Jeb Bush signed a law last week banning the sale of all diet supplements to children under 18.

The American Heart Association (news - web sites) has urged a ban on ephedra sales, and the NFL, NCAA (news - web sites) and International Olympic Committee (news - web sites) have banned its use by athletes. The National Football League banned ephedra after the 2001 training camp heat stroke death of Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle Korey Stringer.

State Sen. Barack Obama, D-Chicago, the ban's senate sponsor, thanked the Riggins family for pushing the bill.

"They turned their tragedy — the loss of their son — into legislation that is going to save the lives of many young people and athletes," he said.

We all knew it was coming but its sad.

Get you paws on as much raw ephedra as you can haha that stuff will triple in price in a year. haha.

god, why are people so damn stupid?? 120 deaths huh? well lemme see, cigs are blamed for 500,000 a yr, yet any CHILD is able to get them without any effort put forth.

it's so damn pathetic that noone even wants to become educated on things like this, they just go to "BAN this, Ban that" "lets illegalize this, that'll make people stop using it" yea ok, every day i think the average I.Q. in this world drops several points ::sigh::

JW

NOOOOOOOOOO! That's freakin ridiculous! With all the dunb shit in this world that kills people I think that's the last thing they to be wasting our tax dollars on.

patk

I saw this in the morning paper and it made me want to puke my breakfast up. 120 deaths? Just throw up a few more death totals of regular OTC meds and thats proof enought to realize that its an extremely safe drug/supplement. Whats unsafe is the mind of an uneducated govt official! Fucking idiots!

It seems the americans IQ's are not any higher than the australians. It's been banned here for about 5 years now.

Idaho and Iowa put a ban on it about 2 years ago, but they did not enforce it. The distributors within the state still sold it to the gyms, and nutrion centers. I guess now they are going to be a bit more strict??

All I have seen say it is the first statewide ban.

Last edited:
This is also fk'ed up

ECA along with Yohimbe are my top two pre contest supps but because some fat fk'ers are taking 5 times what they are supposed to as well as having allergic reactions 10 million + others who use it correctly have to suffer.

Ab-so-fucking-lutely ridiculous! What a crock! I think everyone saw it coming but once the media and politicians get on a which hunt there is virtually no stopping them. It just becomes one big circle-jerking cluster-fuck.

I can't believe this shit... wait, I guess I can, afterall this is how steroids got railroaded into being Schedule III.

F U C K Y O U Illinois!!!!

DrG

INTELLIGENT PEOPLE SUFFER BECAUSE OF STUPID BASTARDS...

SEE THE GREG VALENTINO THREAD FOR FURTHER EVIDENCE.

I think it is absurd they are baning ephedra!!! I totaly agree w/FATHEAD. People need to know how to take a supplement b4 taking it. Just b/c it affeacts some people differently doesn't mean we ahould all do with out!
I have never in my life had a problem w/ taking anything containing ephedra.

IMO we depend too much on others to take care of us.

Look at Walmart you use it for a month and then take it back and they give your money back.

You get coffee at McDonalds and like an ass you put it between your legs and burn yourself you sue and get MILLIONS of dollars.

Kids haze other kids and their parents, instead of punishing them they come to their defense.

You don't want to work and you pump out 6 kids before you are 25 don't worry the govt will give you money for food and housing.

You keep smoking after EVERYONE knows it can kill you don't worry your widow can sue and get MILLIONS of dollars.

You over does on a supplement the govt will ban it so all the other idiots out there wont do the same stupid thing.

Don't you guys know we are simple little babies who needs the govt to protec us. :rolleyes:

Ok crotchity old man speach is done. lol

That was pretty catchy Crowler! =)

CROWLER......YOU ARE OKAY!

......FEEL THE SAME WAY.

stock up while you can

Fast and reliable

www.denpharm.com

And they even sell pure Eph HCL if you wanna go that route

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics