over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Ever DNP Run - To Carb Or Not To Carb

RDS

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm doing my first ever run with DNP. I'm only going to run 200mg a day for 7 days, potentially increasing to 14 days. If I do decide to go to 14 days then I might increase the dose to 400mg, but no more than that.

I'm a little confused regarding diet, though. I read a thread on here where the first post was a very long and very detailed post all about DNP, which said you need to keep carbs high to get the most out of it.

Seemed fair enough, but then further into the thread a dude called Conciliator who really seemed to know his stuff said that keeping carbs high isn't necessary.

So when you guys diet on DNP, are you keeping the carbs relatively high or low-carbing it?

Thanks

I would do your maintnance diet. I wouldnt carb deplete or overload. Ive done dnp before as high as 800 mgs for 2 weeks and have had great results on a normal diet. Only side effect was night sweats. If youve done tren before you know what to expect

ive always promoted low carbs and low fats with high protein.

however, im now using about 40g carbs before my workouts.

I definitely do not believe that carbs aid in the fat loss process, but they do help with energy while using DNP.

I definitely do not believe that carbs aid in the fat loss process, but they do help with energy while using DNP.

You think the night sweats get worse with the Carbs?

It really doesn't matter. Carbs or not. Less heat with lower carbs but that's the only difference. It still comes down to overall calories. I like very short runs with DNP so I keep carbs and fats very low. It's not something I like to run weeks on end so I blast diet with it. Well in the past...I don't screw around with it anymore.

would you mind detailing your diet for when you cut with DNP? I've seen you recommend DNP use quite a bit in various threads so I'm assuming you are very experienced with it.

thanks for the replies guys, it seems like carbs aren't so important after all. Might still keep in 50g or so a day for the sake of trying to keep my workouts productive.

would you mind detailing your diet for when you cut with DNP? I've seen you recommend DNP use quite a bit in various threads so I'm assuming you are very experienced with it.

sure.

basically, I just eat chicken or lean beef with green leafy vegetables. No added fats except for fish oil and evening primrose oil (helps with inflammation). ill have about 400-450g protein, and im sure I get a decent amount of fat from trace sources..

some extra calories from the vegetables. but not a lot.

1 hour pre-workout ill have a cup of brown rice (cooked measure), with 7 or so oz. of cooked chicken or beef.

I use a lot of caffeine, some clen, and my standard pre-workout supplements (beta alanine, agmatine, citrulline, etc. to try to get some sort of pump, and to aid in endurance)

as for AAS, I use testosterone to gain, generally speaking, and when I use DNP, ill throw in a powerful oral like superdrol in order to really help preserve strength.

Ive been using ARL's superdrol and my lifts have actually been going up while my weight is dropping on the daily. pretty remarkable stuff.

sure.

basically, I just eat chicken or lean beef with green leafy vegetables. No added fats except for fish oil and evening primrose oil (helps with inflammation). ill have about 400-450g protein, and im sure I get a decent amount of fat from trace sources..

1 hour pre-workout ill have a cup of brown rice (cooked measure), with 7 or so oz. of cooked chicken or beef.

I use a lot of caffeine, some clen, and my standard pre-workout supplements (beta alanine, agmatine, citrulline, etc. to try to get some sort of pump, and to aid in endurance)

as for AAS, I use testosterone to gain, generally speaking, and when I use DNP, ill throw in a powerful oral like superdrol in order to really help preserve strength.

Ive been using ARL's superdrol and my lifts have actually been going up while my weight is dropping on the daily. pretty remarkable stuff.

After a couple cycles with dnp, I can attest the above is REALLY good advice.

sure.

that's great, thanks for the detail there. Good lord that's a lot of protein! That's about double what I would normally eat.

Regarding clen, is your dose when you run DNP considerably less than if you were to cycle clen on its own? What I mean is, do the sides of DNP and clen combine to make for a rough time or can you still use clen normally while running DNP?

that's great, thanks for the detail there. Good lord that's a lot of protein! That's about double what I would normally eat.

Regarding clen, is your dose when you run DNP considerably less than if you were to cycle clen on its own? What I mean is, do the sides of DNP and clen combine to make for a rough time or can you still use clen normally while running DNP?

I generally stick between 40-80mcg of clen/day while using DNP

it will be a rough time regardless.

I generally stick between 40-80mcg of clen/day while using DNP

it will be a rough time regardless.

haha, fair enough. I usually use a PSMF with clen so I always expect my cuts to be hell.

Slice - do you get a spike in uncomfortable sweats from the pre workout like how you would when you consume carbs?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

Keep your carbs as low as you can handle. The dnp will work regardless, you just won't have insane heat related side effects. You will still sweat and feel a certain level of misery but I've ran it with every different diet. For me personally, low carb low fat and high protein was the most effective. I lost the most amount of fat and suffered the least. You will still feel like garbage but it won't be nearly as bad as if you had even moderate carbs in.

I read and read and read before my first run with DNP and I've done a couple cycles now. I'm finishing up my last one. I took Little's advice and did only trace carbs, fish oil, and high protein for my last cycle and it was a breeze (as much of a breeze and it can be) compared to my carbed cycles i've done in the past. I could actually function. I'll never carb again with DNP and actually next time I run it I'd like to try to carb deplete a couple days before hand and see how things go.

sure.

No protein powders to get to that 400 to 450 grams of protein per day?

I pretty much stick to Slice's advice on my 2 DNP runs and they've been great. Difficult but desired results achieved. I honestly find it easier on just carbs pre workout for a mental boost. You're gonna be sweating in the gym regardless so the extra sweats from the carbs won't be a big deal.

I definitely wouldn't eat carbs pre bed you'll regret it.

high protein with spinach, or another veggie. Add some sugar free metamucil if you aren't shitting. I had no issues. 25 lbs in 17 days. Tightened up perfectly and ill swing into contest prep if all goes to plan.

Last edited:
Carbs help with the fact that you have no energy while on dnp. Btw this may sound stupid, but make sure you shower and get all the dirt and sweat off your body, even if you didn't do anything. If you dont, you risk heat rash. Heat rash+DNP= ~2.5weeks of itchy stinging rash, and incredibly body temps that your sweat cant regulate, well because you cant sweat with heat rash. Just my .02

Slice - do you get a spike in uncomfortable sweats from the pre workout like how you would when you consume carbs?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

not really, no. I buy all the powders in bulk, and just add them together.. there's no sugar or anything in the mix.

although glycerine is a type of carb....sugar alchohol i think. so that does cause a little heat itself.

No protein powders to get to that 400 to 450 grams of protein per day?

I will use a whey shake in water post-workout.

or half whey half meat meals.. I try to avoid just having whey by itself aside from directly post workout.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member