over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Figure compeition!

TGandsey

Newbies
Hey everyone I am currently training for my first figure competition which is july 10th. I am working with michelle Anderson who is a national competitior. I am in my building phase right now but i also struggle to build muscle. I tend to not eat enough. I am only doing 6 weeks of a lean down because i am already at 11% B.F, I am 5'0 and about 110lbs. I am just looking for any suggestions or experiences people have had.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I am currently training for my first figure competition which is june 10th. I am working with michelle Anderson who is a national competitior. I am in my building phase right now but i also struggle to build muscle. I tend to not eat enough. I am only doing 6 weeks of a lean down because i am already at 11% B.F, I am 5'0 and about 110lbs. I am just looking for any suggestions or experiences people have had.

June 10th? That's a Thursday. :confused: That's only 7 weeks away. You want to know how to bulk in 1 week? July 10th maybe? That's 10 weeks away. :)

If you are working with someone what is she telling you to do?
Not eating enough is a sure fire way to get skinny and have no muscle. Why don't you eat more and lift heavy? :D

yes i meant July. She has me eating about 2100 calories, on a 40/30/30 split ( carbs, protein, fat ) with nutrient timing around my workouts. I am only doing 2 hours a week of cardio and am lifting heavy and utilizing different lifting techniques such as drop sets and supersets to shock my muscles. As far as advice goes im just looking to hear peoples experiences with competing and any suggestions on things they would have or would not have done.

hi

If you are working with someone stick with their plan, or you will never know what might have worked, or not worked. Since this is your first show, you are learning, and they are learning about your body and what works for you.......and if you are not happy after show, then you can decide to try someone else:).

I have learned that some things work for some and that for others, but the basics pretty much are the same.

yep , if you have one person your working with stick with their plan especialy if they are a competitor , that alone says something.

like the old saying goes "Too many chefs spoil the soup" asking oppinions from differant people will certainly have some of their infor crossing paths that will slow down production

You need to trust your trainer. When you start taking advise for other people, it only throws you off coarse. Like the others have said, if you don't end up happy with your out come, then you change trainers.

yes i meant July. She has me eating about 2100 calories, on a 40/30/30 split ( carbs, protein, fat ) with nutrient timing around my workouts. I am only doing 2 hours a week of cardio and am lifting heavy and utilizing different lifting techniques such as drop sets and supersets to shock my muscles. As far as advice goes im just looking to hear peoples experiences with competing and any suggestions on things they would have or would not have done.

Specifically, what types of experiences are you asking about? Training and diet? Final week prep? Like everyone else said, you should only get that info from your trainer.

If you're talking about other types of experiences like posing, finding a suit, traveling to a show, tanning, etc., I'm sure people on here have stories. It'd help to know more specifically what you're asking about.

I am looking more for advice on suits, tanning and posing. I know it gets confusing when to many people give their input, i have learned that, i am with someone who is a bodybuilder and has his opinions about what i should be doing/ eating so it does become challenging. Also i am contemplating if taking steroids is something that i should consider. i am torn.

hey

I am looking more for advice on suits, tanning and posing. I know it gets confusing when to many people give their input, i have learned that, i am with someone who is a bodybuilder and has his opinions about what i should be doing/ eating so it does become challenging. Also i am contemplating if taking steroids is something that i should consider. i am torn.

check out the Female section of this board..I learned alot and picked who makes my suits from all the links that are posted on there....I searched and spoke to a couple and the same lady I chose now has made me three suits that I really liked and sold after one wear in matter of a couple of hours:)

tanning..also good advise on here...I went with spray at the show night before and touch up day of show for 2nd and 3rd show.....

Last edited:

Lynx started a great thread about suit info.

She's also got one about what to pack for a contest.

As far as tanning, everyone's got their own methods. It's very helpful to have a base tan before getting painted or sprayed. I start tanning regularly about 4 weeks out from a show. Jan Tana and ProTan seem to be the most popular tanning products (I'm a Jan Tana girl myself), so you may want to look into either of those options. A lot of times, there will be spray tan services at a show, so that may also be something you want to consider. Which show are you prepping for?

Really think about your decision to supplement. Everyone's got their own opinions, but really think about it for YOURSELF. Don't just listen to others; it has to be your OWN decision. It IS possible to successfully compete naturally. Make sure your diet and training are on point - those are the most important aspects.

First contest is overwhelming to say the least. There are just about a million things to worry about.......is my tan streaky? Dude can I borrow your Pam? What happened to my rice cakes? Why do I look so flat? If you are like everyone else, you will consider quitting about 4 to 6 weeks out, so from an amateur to an amateur........

1) you have decided to do this show, so do this show!
2) prepare as best as you can, and I promise the small stuff will fall into place.

Its going great!! i start my lean down next week. ( 6 weeks out ) i feel pretty lucky i stay farley lean all year round so i dont need to drastically cut carbs or calories! my coach currently has me on 20 times my body weight in calories so im at about 2000-2200 calories and i feel great. Thanks for all the support hopefully i can post some pics soon!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws