over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Injection, possible infection. Need some help

grizz007

Registered
I started my first cycle 6 days ago. I injected 300 mg/ml VK test e into my left glute. I had pain and a little swelling in the glute at the injection site a few days following the injection, but that went away by day four. On day five I felt as if I was getting the flu (headache, body aches, fever, chills, sore throat). I wasnt really concerned at this point because ive read that high dosed test (300-400 mg/ml) often does this. However on day six (today) my fever finally broke and started to begin feeling better but I now have a knot in my lower back on the left side, its right about where my waist is. The knot is slightly warm to touch and it is also a bit painful, it feels like a bruise. So what is this lump? its no where near the injection site. I pinned my left upper quadrant of my glutes on the outer portion, and this knot is located right next to my spine where my spinal erectors tie in and it feels superficial. Ive always heard that an infection from IM's happen right where they were injected. Im due for my next pin tomorrow but i cant stop thinking about the possibility of an abcess. anyone ever hear of this? or have any suggestions about how to deal with this problem? I feel as if I am overreacting but I really want to try and avoid an abcess.

I'm not that experienced. Only done 6 injections myself. But I'm pretty sure if you experience a problem like that, you've got shitty gear. If I experienced anything like that I would personally stop using it. But I'm also a huge pussy, so.

Newbies - LOL.

You screwed your lower back up. It has nothing to do with the injection.

funny you say this because the day BEFORE my first injection i got a huge lump on my ass right on my spine. it was swollen and sore to the touch and i am positive if this would've come up after my inj. i would've been thinking the inj. was the cause. i wouldnt worry about it too much if its not at the site. antibiotics will clear it up.

so if its not from the inj what could it be from? i havent done any back related exercise in 5 days. its not even over any muscle its more over the bony process next to the spine/waist area, and it isnt a circle in shape it looks more like a 2 inch long egg shape, but not as wide. I know its not the gear b/c Im running the same shit as two of my buddies and they had no problems at all. my fever is gone, however throughout the day I can feel "hot flashes" on and off. I also have a sore on the end of my tongue that just wont heal and my gums seem to be a bit swollen, so Im thinking that my immune system is low but I would have no idea why if it isnt an infection. symptoms seem to be slowing, but not going away. do you guys think that more body just isnt used to the test or what? also Im due for my next shot today, should I go for it? or would you guys throw in the towel all together?

everything your saying is common

sad but true

sometimes injections can shift around

and i know what your saying about your back
right around the tailbone area after a glute shot

everybodys gonna react differently
this is how YOU reacted

It sound like a cyst aka Boil .
Take hot wet rags and keep them on it to see if it head up.
I just got over one , and at first I thought I had hurt my tail bone.
I used my slow cooker ( Crock Pot) to keep a steady supply of hot rags available.
Cyst can cause blood poising id not careful.
Thats what happen to me .
I lost 20 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks because of it.

This is another way to draw it to a head.
Ichthammol Drawing Salve
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
i had the same thing. right in the crack on the tailbone. swollen like an egg, warm feeling and sore. i wen to the doc. he didnt even look at it but a quick glance, wrote me a script for cephalexin which i am told you can get very easily, alot of bb's keep this on hand, and put me out of work for a week. i did get a fever and felt sick for a few days. and i could hardly sit or move around. this was before my first cycle so i hadnt injected anything. but anyway i heard this is a pretty common infection and like hardrocks said, put a warm washcloth on it a few times a day and 1-2 wks it should be gone. in my opinion i would still continue

thanks for the replys guys. Im finally starting to feel better, and the lump is starting to go down. I picked up some keflex and bactrim today so hopefully that will push the infection out of my system. I'm just wondering if I pin tonight if I'm going to have that same problem in a week from now? I think I'm going to pin tonight but i was thinking about using the delt or quad and seeing how I respond to that.

One last question to you guys that said you have had an infection like this before....since you guys werent one cycle when it happened, do you think my lump is just a coincidence? because its the same side I injected on, its just no where near the injection site.

i would say this is a coinsidence if it were me. my infection actualy lasted almost 2 wks but hopefully yours wont last that long. i personally have only pinned in the glutes and delts. never the quads, i guess i just dont feel comfortable pinning there. but as far as the infection goes, if its already starting to go down i wouldnt worry about it unless you dont mind paying a doc to tell you the same. i know it pissed me off cuz i walked into the er with no insurance and got a bill for a lil over $600.

sorry its been awhile. I ended up stopping the cycle. I never did my 2nd pin. After my fever/ infection went away I then got a big canker sore on my tongue. That took about 7 days to go away, now I still have a rash on my hands. Doc said I had what was called 5th disease. He said ill probably get the rash on my feet in a day or two. Long story short, i ordered some pharm grade, should be he in a week or so. Lets hope this time goes better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear