over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First NPC Show and MAJOR transformation and Story

jay_steel

Registered
First I just want to say thank you to gunsmith, he mentored and inspired me through this entire transformation and helped me win the Middle Weight Novice Class at the Fresno Classic. There is no way i would have made it to 176 from 211 with out his help for my first time EVER dieting down and doing a show. I am very satisfied with the results, but I know I could have been better. Not taking away from my transformation, but I know if I would have started a bit earlier it would have been an easier road. Where I was cutting the last two lbs two hours before the show to make 176.

After cutting my water the lowest my body would let me get to was 178. There was nothing in me period. I tried to chew bubble gum and spit in a cup for 3 hours and only lost .6 lbs and a laxitive did not work either. So I had to high tail it to the gym at 6am after being up at 2:30 and rotate the sauna and sips of water. I made the weight by 1/4 lbs, but like I said I should have been better. I should have been at my weight way before so my peak week would have been stronger.

This was my first show though and I have only been back in the gym for 2 and a half years, so i will celebrate on that. It has been a HUGE learning experience and a life style change. I am going to start taking this sport serious and I have HUGE goals on competing in the USA's in the future. Some may say good luck, with a smile on your face, but when my work ethic is there and I believe I have the gentics to go far and would have been a monster if I never gave up.

Here is my story:

At 16, I became obsessed with bodybuilding. I knew nothing about proper diet, but I packed my chicken, creatine, glutamine, and protein in my back pack every day to school. I was inspired by all the foot ball players, but motivated by a girl. At 16 all my friends were bench pressing 185-225 and I was amazed when I saw some one push two plates. I thought to my self if I can ever do that I will be the happiest guy in the world.

So I tried 115, and I made the mistake of waiting to do it alone so i would not get laughed at. I had to dump each side of the weights to the side because I could not get the weight an inch of my chest. Every one heard the noise and ran in. The next day i got paired up in weight lifting PE with the girls, because they lifted the same weight as me. So I did what any boy would do, get pissed off and throw there personal pitty party outside wishing they would never have joined weight lifting PE. At this point one of the nicest guys walked out Marcus... Big guy benched 315 no issues, kind of fat but just raw power for being a high school kid. Told me we all start some where and showed me how to use the dumb bells. I started with the 25's for DB bench and by the end of the month I was at the 45's.

Every night I would push my self to failure with push ups and pull ups, fliping through flex magazine and inspired by jay cutler and Kevin Levrone, I mirrored every thing they said. Two months later I decided to try the bench again. I was freaked out, but I did 135, then 165, then 185, shit lets go 205... Nope failed... But this was two months after failing at 115. I kepts pushing and pushing and by the end of the year I benched 275 at 160 lbs and started at 123lbs.

By the end of my senior year I grew into the strongest guy out of every high school in clovis, ca and I was only 175. I wanted to get into powerlifting and bodybuilding and honestly would have broken every recored at a 17 year old in powerlifting, but I had one problem... A HUGE phobia of failure. I would never compete or try out for sports, because I had did not wait to get cut and laughed at. I finally decided to comepte in bodybuilding and decided to start my prep work. I will post some of the practice pics below, but I never competed. I could not get the courage to commite my self and then I left for the Navy.

After turning 21 and doing multiple deployments in Iraq and Afgan all I wanted to do was party, race cars, and chase girls. I did not care about the gym and fell into a dependancy of drinking. Every night was a party. It was not until I was 26 when I meet Kelly Rodriguez and NPC guy who inspired me to push my self back into shape. Hearing about his wins and what he was doing brought back all the memories of my passion with bodybuilding. So i decided to start training again. Every day I would wake up at 5am to get to the gym. I did not want any one i knew from back inthe day to see me like this so i would sneak in extra early to train. Then this is where I am today.

So again I just want to thank Gunsmith and also everyone on this forum, my knowledge was next to nothing until i joined here and every one here is just vastly full of great information and I could not have done with with out the help from the overal community here. I look forward to continue to be apart of this site imporving my knowledge and also showing my future transformations.

Also Kai Green looked like a monster...

Me at 17:
gOsZflWOoTQnZeTiWzDcXEZAtVzQRQaxKVLd-610xh_zpsd7a19d3f.jpg

fCTNclqHDBvgZBldUJmVXVJlVGhmPoQDEbJX-610xh_zpse4f3269a.jpg

rrTrOwchINAVFKxRQxKyiOTSkMzwHEFBhTni-610xh_zpsf610cc7e.jpg

After I got fat

Im in the middle: that was a 300 foot slip and slid. I ate shit at the end flew 15 feet in the air. We had a pool full of water but the berm in the back turned into a launch ramp if you didnt try to slow down.. That was a blast...

keasEGmuLDmgaDvTQAOqsbaKHTsOEjMDJTRu-610xh_zps69d4f202.jpg

Jan 15 2013 after 2 years of bulking back up

start_zps23d42212.jpg

April 6 2013 Show time with Flex Wheeler

543984_4318813502509_84978747_n_zpse939bd81.jpg

After the show: MW, LH, HW novice winners. The LH won overal. The cool thing is we all work out at the same gym. These are two guys i looked up to allot during my prep. So it was an honor to pose with them for overal.

12828_4318813542510_1928487717_n_zpsdc189f30.jpg

I did not like that pic of my legs because they were super relaxed so i took a pic this morning :) so show that is a lil some thing there.

legs_zps9b9e4024.jpg

Not much haha but its alot of progress from where I started. I paid for the photographer as well, So I will be posting those pics as they come in of that actual show.

My goal is to put on 10 more lbs this year and start my prep earlier and stay middle focuses on leg development and arm development. I am going to do two shows next year, the same Fresno show and then one 4 weeks later down in LA. Going to do a 16 weeks prep this time instead of a 12 week prep. I have learned allot during this time, and feel in love with this sport.

Last edited:
534388_657397784275729_365248000_n_zps8cab435e.jpg

snapped a pic of him and meet him in the pump up room but they wouldnt let us take photos before he went on stage. He was is a trance... He shook my hand 3 times and did not realize he did it all ready just because he was so tunnel vision with getting prepared. You can seriously feel the focus radiating off of him. He moved very slow back stage and was a perfectionist. Even when he folded his shirt, every seem had to line up perfect.

I didn't wait around to get a pic with him after the show, I was craving PIZZA way to much and food sounded much better then getting a pic with him. No offense but I am sure much of you understand that.

Good Read. Liked your story, hard work paid off. Congratulations on your success!

thanks every one here is truely inspirational and I am happy to be apart of pro muscle. I can't wait to one day comepete against some of you. It was extemely motivating to be on stage during the overal with my friends who have been in this sport for some time. Really is pushing me to make no excuses and to just train and eat.

Good job bro keep it up.

Your skin tightened up nicely

Got the pics back, I am hooked and cant wait to get ready for my next show. It wont be for another year, going to take it back to the drawing board and focus on further development, Take it slow and i have a possing coach now. I was told my routine was actually really impressive for my first show. I am going to start my next prep farther out as well and be more prepared. Being on that stage was so exciting though, pure adrenaline rush.

E13_4963_zps1ed65d58.jpg

E13_4941_zps0426fc59.jpg

E13_4937_zpsb76312ed.jpg

E13_4913_zps97ba16ee.jpg

E13_4909_zps063d2105.jpg

E13_4725_zps3bb1463e.jpg

E13_4701_zps595bc903.jpg

E13_4700_zps089682d5.jpg

E13_4696_zpsf18c1d7b.jpg

E13_4695_zps10c58fff.jpg

E13_0347_zps54fb5c63.jpg

E13_0270_zpsd8d40bc8.jpg

Hey brotha!!! U looked great!! I was in the physique
Class that night!! Small world lol... Good luck on ur next show!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131