over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First time Anavar cycle considering Test, advice please

bcr83

Registered
Hi all,

I am about 14 months into a consistent training program. I have trained prior to that but didnt get results which were driven a lot by an average diet. Since changing diet and being very strict with training and diet results have been good.

Stats 5,8" 162lbs 12-13%BF. I was down to 7.5% BF and 148lbs 5 months ago but have been eating more and dropped off fasted cardio (every day).

Diet:

2900-3200 calories a day. 40/40/20 sometimes 35/40/25 Leg/back days are usually the high cal days.

2 x fasted cardio sessions a week.

Goal & purpose:

Add on 8-10lbs of LBM not water, not look all bloated and puffy and where possible minimise the amount of things i need to take inc PCT, test etc. Since this is my first cycle I am looking to not send my hormones crazy or have to deal with major acne, hair loss and any major side effects if I f&*k it up.

I do not want to put on 20lbs and inject everything under the sun, maybe one day but not this time.

I have had bloodwork done and all levels are good. In the LFT my liver levels were a little high however I have been informed that heavy physical exertion can affect ALT levels in liver, plus using creatine at the time and not drinking enough water. Cholestrol, Blood pressure sound. no issues. Test right in the middle however Estrogen sits a little higher.

I am concerned about upsetting my hormone balance post cycle and developing gyno.

I have Anavar 10mg tabs (200 of them) ready to go, Clomid and Nolva also. I intended on doing var only for 6 weeks as an entry into AAS and running a test cycle later. I was considering using clomid or HCG during the cycle to prevent full shutdown. I will also be using an NAC liver guard.

If I used test in the cycle I was considering :

arimadex or aromasan (whichever one is less brutal on joints etc)
Nizoral shampoo
Clomid
Nolva
HCG drops?? (not sure if required if using clomid)

I am not new to needles (peps) I can inject test but I am looking for the smoothest/lowest side effect test if running Var on its own isnt an option. I am aware I would then need to run an AI (another compound added into the mix) and def HCG or something.

Reason behind thinking about using test was that I've read I will get shutdown around week 3 and feel like shit, I am not thinking about potential gains by using test more about the shutdown from using var only and if the test would cure this.

I thought maybe Test prop - 250mg a week + 50mg var a day.

If you have recommendations for a "beginner friendly" test if there is such a thing let me know.. My goals aren't to get as big as quick as possible, its to have a good var beginner cycle whilst not going overboard and learning from the first cycle.

I am not sure of how to structure the PCT either if I use test. Var would be pretty straight forward though so I'm fine if it's var only cycle.

I have read 100's of forums and posts everyone seems to have a different answer (which makes sense because not everything works the same for everyone) but I'm looking for a reliable plan to run var as a first cycle whether thats with test or not.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks

You may be overthinking this. Do a test cycle 12 - 15 weeks and add in the anavar for the last 6 weeks. Eat pretty clean, but get a lot of protein (atleast 2X grams/lb) and I think you will be happy with the results.

You may be overthinking this. Do a test cycle 12 - 15 weeks and add in the anavar for the last 6 weeks. Eat pretty clean, but get a lot of protein (atleast 2X grams/lb) and I think you will be happy with the results.

Thanks for the reply, ill only be able to run a 10 week cycle due to work travel commitments..

I was thinking straight up run 10 wks test E 250mg twice a week. Arimadex 0.25mg EOD. Will use the var at a later time when cutting.

Pct
Hcg 1000ius a week
Clomid (unsure of dose)
Nolva 20mg ED (not sure on clomid and nolva ideal doses yet) will run for 3 weeks.

d

dont spend all that money var...its not really worth it. use test or tren

Thanks for the reply, ill only be able to run a 10 week cycle due to work travel commitments..

I was thinking straight up run 10 wks test E 250mg twice a week. Arimadex 0.25mg EOD. Will use the var at a later time when cutting.

Pct
Hcg 1000ius a week
Clomid (unsure of dose)
Nolva 20mg ED (not sure on clomid and nolva ideal doses yet) will run for 3 weeks.

You will be fine just running around 375 mg per week, but for a little longer. If you are eating clean, you won't pack on a ton of pounds or fat, just some water. However, the Anavar over the last 6 weeks will really harden you up and bring it all together.

I am bit worried because my brother who ran a test cycle last year and did the full PCT (he researches everything like crazy) experienced hair thinning/falling out @500mg per week. He is telling me that if I just want to cut up and put on some strength to run the var because it something about DHT and it not affecting hair loss.

Can run HCG in the last few weeks at low dose to prevent shutdown and then switch over to climid/nolva PCT. I have Unigen which apparently is one of the better anavars out there...?

I am not scared of needles etc. I was more concerned about hairloss, my brother had to use finastride and 2 other things but it still didn't work and had to end the cycle.

I am aware of test suppression using var only without hcg, however being realistic and wanting to gain 5-10lbs and some good strength could I use it on its own? Money is not a factor, I don't feel I am wasting money by understanding what works better for me and stepping up to bigger things when comfortable.

I want to research more about test and hairloss but not keen to just jump on test straight away for that reason..?

Last edited:
I just don't think you are going to gain the kind of weight that you want on Var only. In fact, I wouldn't expect to really gain any weight from it, you will get harder, more vascular and a lot stronger. You will look like you've gotten bigger to most people, but it probably won't put 5-10 lbs of muscle on you.

I just don't think you are going to gain the kind of weight that you want on Var only. In fact, I wouldn't expect to really gain any weight from it, you will get harder, more vascular and a lot stronger. You will look like you've gotten bigger to most people, but it probably won't put 5-10 lbs of muscle on you.

Thanks for the advice, I want to run a test prop cycle I think moreso than test e because it will be a short cycle but again this hair loss thing.

My brother said something about his free test converting more to DHT than people with out male pattern baldness gene...? He has proper finastirde but said the sides are crap :confused:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member