over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fish Oil Supplement Guide

ill be moving to source natural after that pcb post, always thought NOW was good stuff................

Some of the NOW products are very inferior grade.

Almost all of us including Trueprotein who carry legit Fish Oils get MEG-3 from Ocean Nutrition.....thats the Gold Standard in the industry and the gamut of companies I know of, do the same.

**broken link removed**

True, however there are MANY levels of concentration. Most fish oil pills are either 1000mg or 1200mg total. However only a fraction of that total is actual Omega3s. Many fish oils are only 20-40% Omega3s, some are 70-80%.

I always look for MEG-3 but I also look for very high concentration (and cheap price). I personally find "EPA-DHA Balance" by Jarrows to fit that bill perfectly. I believe this is the same exact stuff Barry Sears is using for his line.

They pretty much own the fish oil world over here in NA
Ocean Nutrition Canada
I think you will find that most companies selling legit fish oils have Ocean Nutrition somewhere in their chain of acquisition somewhere...

My fish oil now is made with MEG-3. Actually the fish oil I been using for the past couple years has been...I also have a prescription for Lovaza and I seem to like it better. Less fish burp with the Lovaza for me right now...I wonder if Lovaza use the MEG-3.

Do you think some of these nutrition companies are going to to trick consumer that there product is %100 MEG-3. I seen some fish oil say now made with MEG-3 making be little skeptical the way thats was worded. Like they may use 20% MEG-3 and 80% crap.

is that right, well i'm also using their multi, adam........sheesh

think ill be going with source naturals multi as well

Last edited:
is that right, well i'm also using their multi, adam........sheesh

think ill be going with source naturals multi as well

I just switch to a bunch of NOW products including multi vitamins and I think they suck. I had better luck on my GNC ones and I don't care for anything GNC.

NOW got the rubbish bin when that PCB case hit the press.

Supplements companies.....fvkers can be giving you anything.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Emeric, do you have any articles/tests stating this? I pay for the ConsumerLabs reports and I haven't seen NOW products come up as including toxins, under-dosed, or content issues.

I personally use several of there products (D3, C, K2, Neptune Krill, Omega 3, NAC, Milk Thistle, Ubiquinol, etc.) so this is quite disturbing to hear. I just would like to see more articles so I can look into this, especially concerning the PCB's. Thanks in advance.

I never did like their caps for their bottles, doesn't seem airtight.

Hey Emeric, any idea which products?

couldn't the same be said for fish in general?

couldn't the same be said for fish in general?

You are absolutely correct sir. But nobody test the fish you buy at the market for PCB's. AND, the larger the fish (older), the more likely it is to contain so of these contaminants. That's why you should stick to oils, if possible made from smaller fish. This is why I actually now prefer Neptune Krill oil.

If you are going to be taking fish oil you need to get your doctor's recommendation. Most if not all on that list would not be recommended by your doctor if you are trying to lower cholesterol and looking for purity. They are known in the industry as junk oils. He would probably recommend a fish oil like Res-Q. This is the purest around as well it has the highest EPA/DHA values (Total of 800).You will not find any in your local stores with these type of values.

Emeric, do you have any articles/tests stating this? I pay for the ConsumerLabs reports and I haven't seen NOW products come up as including toxins, under-dosed, or content issues.

I personally use several of there products (D3, C, K2, Neptune Krill, Omega 3, NAC, Milk Thistle, Ubiquinol, etc.) so this is quite disturbing to hear. I just would like to see more articles so I can look into this, especially concerning the PCB's. Thanks in advance.

Contact NOW`s technical support and ask for the name of the company that supply the raw materials for each of the supplements that are you taking.

Than you can call the raw material supplier and ask questions regarding the quality of the extract and country of origin, and for analytical certificate.

If you are going to be taking fish oil you need to get your doctor's recommendation. Most if not all on that list would not be recommended by your doctor if you are trying to lower cholesterol and looking for purity. They are known in the industry as junk oils. He would probably recommend a fish oil like Res-Q. This is the purest around as well it has the highest EPA/DHA values (Total of 800).You will not find any in your local stores with these type of values.

Res-Q is a 1250mg pill supplying 800mg of Omega3s, while this is fairly high percentage, there are a few other manufacturers with even higher concentrations, and a much cheaper price and MEG-3.

Contact NOW`s technical support and ask for the name of the company that supply the raw materials for each of the supplements that are you taking.

Than you can call the raw material supplier and ask questions regarding the quality of the extract and country of origin, and for analytical certificate.

Thanks for the tip Emeric. I will complete my due diligence and report back. Cheers.

Res-Q is a 1250mg pill supplying 800mg of Omega3s, while this is fairly high percentage, there are a few other manufacturers with even higher concentrations, and a much cheaper price and MEG-3.

Acutally once you make a purchase from Res-Q you start getting E-mails of all their specials, so the future prices are about half what is posted on their site.

I was told that most companies use the same oil because it is on commodity market much like creatine or glutamine Many companies using the same product just boils down to your marketing

Acutally once you make a purchase from Res-Q you start getting E-mails of all their specials, so the future prices are about half what is posted on their site.

$56 is pretty steep for a bottle of fish oil..............i think

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity