over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fish oil vs Krill oil?

Borussa

Registered
It seems we are all banging our heads off the wall these days when it comes to getting our omega 3s. Fish oil or krill oil, which one do I choose???
Supplement companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars each year on advertising, only to confuse us even more, so who do we believe? The answer is really quite simple, DHA. Short for DOCOSAHEXAENOIC ACID, DHA is an omega 3 fatty acid and it is what makes or breaks the quality of an oil supplement. "THE MORE THE BETTER."
So, fish oil or krill oil? Just check out the amount of DHA.

Last edited:
Fish OIL

Fish oil is a proven winner. I am not sold on KRILL.

Main difference is the fatty acids are fish oil are by triglyceride form in and in a Krill Oil phosphoid form. Fat is arranged in a phosphoid form in the human body so your suppose to assimilate Krill better. Also it contains the antioxidant ASTAXANTHIN.

Main difference is the fatty acids are fish oil are by triglyceride form in and in a Krill Oil phosphoid form. Fat is arranged in a phosphoid form in the human body so your suppose to assimilate Krill better. Also it contains the antioxidant ASTAXANTHIN.

You are always a wealth of info :)

:yeahthat:....well there you have it!

thanks bud!

I really like Krill oil. I think both have good benefits but Krill oil dosen't give fish burps or indigestion. At least for me and most other people. Better tolerated.

BB

Bump. Anyone have a study or article which one is better for joints.

To be a little more accurate, you want DHA and EPA. Both are Omega 3s and the more of both you have the better. It is true that Krill oil is better mg per mg. The problem is that most Krill oil supplements come no where close to the dosages for EPA DHA that have shown to be beneficial. Lovaaza which is the only pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 has concentrated DHA and EPA and is usually dosed where you are getting about 3grams of EPA/DHA daily.

Most medical studies also pretty much show the more EPA/DHA the better. Try to get 3gr of EPA/DHA from Krill oil supplements and you will be going thru a bottle every few days :)

To be a little more accurate, you want DHA and EPA. Both are Omega 3s and the more of both you have the better. It is true that Krill oil is better mg per mg. The problem is that most Krill oil supplements come no where close to the dosages for EPA DHA that have shown to be beneficial. Lovaaza which is the only pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 has concentrated DHA and EPA and is usually dosed where you are getting about 3grams of EPA/DHA daily.

Most medical studies also pretty much show the more EPA/DHA the better. Try to get 3gr of EPA/DHA from Krill oil supplements and you will be going thru a bottle every few days :)

Yes, this is what I have read as well.

Why don't you just ditch the factory farmed meat for pasture raised meats and dairy.. Then you don't have to worry about popping mega doses of fish oil to balance out your o3/o6 intake.. The problem with fish oil is that fatty fish are cold water species that live deep underwater away from most sunlight.. So you have to find superb quality that processes without high temps and keeps the oil away from sunlight...

Watch this for some insightful fish oil info: Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Rudy Moerck about Fish Oil - YouTube

Don't be fooled by gimmicks

Fish oil is a proven winner. I am not sold on Krill oil....in a couple more years, Krill oil will be a thing of the past.

Why don't you just ditch the factory farmed meat for pasture raised meats and dairy.. Then you don't have to worry about popping mega doses of fish oil to balance out your o3/o6 intake.. The problem with fish oil is that fatty fish are cold water species that live deep underwater away from most sunlight.. So you have to find superb quality that processes without high temps and keeps the oil away from sunlight...

Watch this for some insightful fish oil info: Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Rudy Moerck about Fish Oil - YouTube

I agree with several of your points. There is no question that having free range meat helps improve the balance of high omega 6 to low omega 3s. But it still does not give you 3gr of omega 3 a day which what medically shows to be beneficial for different aspects.

I also agree that cheap fish oil is crap, and simply it is one of the few items that you probably want the most expensive fish oil which directly represents the quality of the product. I have researched this topic extensively and what i recommend my patients are Nordic Naturals.

Nordic Natural manufactures all of their products in Norway. Their products are pharmaceutical grade fish oil based on a quality level that exceeds both the Norwegian Medicinal and European Pharmacopoeia Standards. Their products are molecularly distilled utilizing the latest distillation technology and this process guarantees the removal of potential heavy metals (lead, mercury, etc.), PCB, and dioxins. Low heat and ultra short residence time is used during the distillation process to ensure positively no damage to the oil. A final enzyme process is applied to ensure a burp free product. They also utilize a proprietary nitrogen environment to achieve industry leading freshness levels. Their fish oils are more expensive that walmart brand crap but you are getting pharma grade fish oil and mg per mg is better than anything else on the market.

**broken link removed**

IFOS is third party testing which only Fish Oil manufactures with nothing to hide will submit their products for testing.

**broken link removed**

IFOS is third party testing which only Fish Oil manufactures with nothing to hide will submit their products for testing.

Thanks for posting that. You can see that many of the "popular" brands and generic ones dont even appear on that list. Nordic Naturals does show up and consistently has gotten 5 stars in their reviews.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws