over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fitness has really changed!

Dvo36

Registered
Its funny how more people in gyms are training for Tough Mudder or Spartan Races rather than Bodybuilding shows.What's sad is that in many cases the people training for these don't actually look like they workout. Cross fit gyms are in almost every town and it's common to see kipping pull ups in gyms. People are into p90x, Insanity and other commercial programs. Bodybuilding has been put on the back burner. Not as many people actually care about how they look and it shows. Back in the day, when there was much less information out there, but people understood what it took to build a base.There were no Planet Fitness or Curves or any of this other stuff. I understand that we all have different goals and interests but I never would have predicted how things are now if I had looked in a crystal ball in the 90's!

I think the ultimate badass is someone who looks like a bodybuilder but can also kick ass in a Spartan Race or something like that

I have an intro class in college wih a chapter on the beginnings of fitness. I forget a lot of it but remember some of the earliest gyms had kettle bells, ropes, and different items and movements similar to some of the Crossfit stuff. To me it seems full circle and will one day come back again.

I do think it's a good thing to get people interested in any fitness rather than none. I feel Crossfit and those races may do this. But everyone deep down inside, whether they say it's true or not, believes body building rules and is number one.

I'm not sure the Zubaz will ever come back lol. But I'm sure years from now we ll be laughing about foam rollers. Eventually, everything changes; however, I don't really see how this is a positive change.Planet Fitness offers a low price just to get your money knowing the majority of people will never come. It's actually a brilliant concept. It's not a place a bodybuilder could train at. I look in my own gym and the clientele is so much different than years ago at King's Gym. Like I said earlier, more information but less overall results.

I'm not sure the Zubaz will ever come back lol. But I'm sure years from now we ll be laughing about foam rollers. Eventually, everything changes; however, I don't really see how this is a positive change.Planet Fitness offers a low price just to get your money knowing the majority of people will never come. It's actually a brilliant concept. It's not a place a bodybuilder could train at. I look in my own gym and the clientele is so much different than years ago at King's Gym. Like I said earlier, more information but less overall results.

well.....if you look deeper into it....the people have labeled STEROIDS...
in sports...movies...main stream...even bodybuilding!!!!!....it evil..
now that's its out and in the open....no one talked about it back in the day.
that's why thing were different...i don't know how the Rock gets away
with it....but he does....Cena too...

when a 17yo bikini model gets her "ifbb pro card"....i mean WTF!!!

my brother owns 7 planet fitness's.....i go there ALL the time...
they know me and i just keep covered up....there is actually a cool kid
in one of them...asks me all kinds of shit...but the first time he approached
me....i just looked right at him and said..."i pick it up and put it down"
and he ran away....lol....poor kid

:cool:

Rock and Cena get away with it because they are huge draws and line many people's pockets. Its sad because almost all these guys are using, but only certain ones are caught. It was like when Ronnie Coleman was a cop!

Great thread... I don't know if you guys have something similar to this thing at your gym but at mine it's called purmotion and all these dudes are basically doing acrobatics and swinging from rings and shit. The only thing I could do on there is the pull up bar. Has anyone seen some similar and is there any benefit to it. The trainers at the gym are shoving it down the clients throats.... Am I missing something ?Just wanted to get opinions and comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gym doesn't have that one YET. But I saw a sign saying we just got Jillian Michaels Body Shred lol.

well.....if you look deeper into it....the people have labeled STEROIDS...
in sports...movies...main stream...even bodybuilding!!!!!....it evil..
now that's its out and in the open....no one talked about it back in the day.
that's why thing were different...i don't know how the Rock gets away
with it....but he does....Cena too...

when a 17yo bikini model gets her "ifbb pro card"....i mean WTF!!!

LOL with the planet fitness thing. I was a member for awhile. I had a few that came up and asked the usual, "what kind of protein do you use?" I'm a straight shooter, I don't bs. I said, "a lot of steroids, a lot of heavy weight, and a lot of food." They all just kinda walk away. LMAO

I just got tired of spending so much money on natural supplements that I read about in muscle and fitness. Joe Weider scammed me out of so much money. No one even knew that I trained, I did that for 16 years. Then at 30, I found PM, did a cycle, then everything changed. I started to actually look like I lifted weights. And, I was finally happy with what I saw in the mirror. Why bs people that ask us questions, give them the truth, and leave it at that.

As long as they are not on their cell phones and don't smell they are cool in my book and can do whatever the heck they want.

Great thread... I don't know if you guys have something similar to this thing at your gym but at mine it's called purmotion and all these dudes are basically doing acrobatics and swinging from rings and shit. The only thing I could do on there is the pull up bar. Has anyone seen some similar and is there any benefit to it. The trainers at the gym are shoving it down the clients throats.... Am I missing something ?Just wanted to get opinions and comments

I see your screen name brother. Thank you for your service, I salute you!

Thank you sir... Happy to be alive and now it's time for me... I'm going to be a little selfish for once

Also I really don't look at it as a bad thing. At least it encourages people to get out and move. Functional strength is very important and bodybuilders usually don't do anything for stamina and general movement. I appreciate a large NFL player with athletic ability more than a huge bodybuilder who runs out of breath just talking and can't run a mile. I know this is a bodybuilding forum but that's just what motivates and impresses me.

Almost anything is good if people are motivated to get moving and workout.

Not sure what Crossfit gyms you live near, however the ones near me have some serious training going on - both men & women look fit (especially the midsections).

The people I talk with who are training with Crossfit, are typically bored of lifting weights and looking for a different challenge.

To each his own...

I started in the old gyms of 50+ years ago, no that's not a misprint. I now work out a a Fitness Center at one of the local hospitals. We have top notch equipment, not enough and not enough variety. But all the basics are there and many of the machines are the type you can plug in your "key" and it tracks all the info and then you can check your progress at another kiosk. Mostly used by older folks who start out with one of the trainers there. Not too many Big Boys, but a few. You see a lot of people in their 80's and 90's plugging away with what little they can do, but they are doing it. They would never go to an old school gym but are comfortable here, so it's no all my cup of tea, but good equipment, good pools, etc, great price for my wife and I, so here I am. LOL (F***k being old)

Nowadays many people go to gym for taking pic , then post on Facebook. they are not really get into workout, but want others know that they are doing it,lol:naughty:

Hahahahaha! That is great!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88