over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fitness has really changed!

my brother owns 7 planet fitness's.....i go there ALL the time...
they know me and i just keep covered up....

always curious about how many planet fitness members stay with it as opposed to other gyms. does your brother have squat racks and barbells in his and can you load up the weights?

always curious about how many planet fitness members stay with it as opposed to other gyms. does your brother have squat racks and barbells in his and can you load up the weights?

no man.....the same deal.....smiths.

leg press i just load up 5 per side....and bang out
sets of 25.....30 sec rest....

when i do go.....its a freak show......but ive yet to get the lunk alarm.

:)

I understand people paying more attention to functional training, but it seems that somewhere along the way Bodybuilding lost a lot of it's popularity. It's great that people have different interests; however, I still miss that hardcore group of guys you'd see in an actual gym 15-20 years ago.

Most folks in today's gyms have less muscle than they had back in the 90's, but that's because back then we'd buy human grade gear OTC and it was very cheap.

The whole bodybuilder look lost appeal too. And that makes sense. Huge guys can't run, play sports or even sleep well... And the girls prefer physique type of bodies than bodybuilder's.

I don't see a problem at all...

Any of you think when folks step onstage 400 pounds shredded this sport will be more popular? Think again...

It's just funny how much of a turn it took. Back in the day, there would always be several guys in the gym training for a state competition. Now they're training for Spartan Races. That's perfectly cool, if that's what they're into. The 3 guys I know that are training for the race and typically do very well don't actually look like they workout. I guess life truly is like a Ferris Wheel.

I think part of your bemusement is that after so many years, what we now think is the look of working out is actually the look of taking hormones

For some it's not about looking a certain way. Look at marathon runners for example.

As long as they train safe and don't fuck up my workout I couldn't care less what they do. I'm just glad cross fit for the most part has made its way to independent locations... But even Crossfit is evolving and becoming more legitimate.. Almost going back to a power lifting/ Olympic lifting style in some places. Some even encourage bodybuilding techniques now. Not all, but some.

I still hate Crossfit, just less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of your bemusement is that after so many years, what we now think is the look of working out is actually the look of taking hormones

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I know there are some very legit UG sources on this board. The fact they are UG makes people more timid, and that's pretty much all you can get domestically nowadays.

Looking like you are fit can be quite different then being fit. Bodybuilding is geared towards looking like you are in shape, that is during the contest season. And the rest of the year many don't look fit at all. Being able to accomplish various activities and being healthy while you are doing it would be called fit from my perspective. I would say I see more women that are fit and look good these days then 20-30 years ago. But there are more of them squatting then ever that I see!!!!

I'm happy for what ever gets people inside a gym. If we can make owning a gym more profitable then it will benefit us in the long run. Owners will be wanting to put more/newer equipment in. We will see more independent gyms popping up.

And come on guys I know most on her watch American ninja warrior and think that would be awesome to be able to do that[emoji4]

And come on guys I know most on her watch American ninja warrior and think that would be awesome to be able to do that[emoji4]

Ha... My daughters gymnastics coach wax just on that that show last month. He's very fit and can jump all over the place and has a strong core but he looks fit not built. Seems like that's what it trending more nowadays

Bodybuilding isn't easy.

It takes a lot of effort to get the calories everyday to get big and stay big.

Staying functionally fit isn't easy either but you don't need 6 meals a day to have a six pack.

I would venture to say that eating has a huge part in it. The dieting is a huge sacrifice. At least with more functional style training you can eat more of what you want and the mirror doesn't matter all that much. I always seem to go back to my bodybuilding split routine, though I've eliminated many less functional for more functional movements.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131