over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

flagged by US security for “looking like a bodybuilder"

Unfortunately under the Patriot Act customs and TSA and the govt are able to do what ever they want in the name of public safety. There is Verbage in their that basically says that any and all drug users (whatever they may be) can be considered aiding terrorist organizations...don't believe me, try reading it and see what rights you think you have underbthe constitution that were done away with by this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------OP

I got flagged at the airport returning to the US by customs for “looking like a bodybuilder”. They took me aside asked me some questions and searched my bags. It took about 45 minutes. Be careful guys; never fly with anything illegal in your bags.

---------
I've never had that problem-----LOL

Related story...

Sort of related... mostly related :)

1) When you fly into the Philippines, there is a red printed sentence in the customs paper that says "Death to drug smugglers."

2) On the way home at Detroit customs, standing in line...
Man in front of me to wife: "Hey, hunny... I think that guy plays for the Detroit Lions!"

Me: "Actually, I'm a nurse."

Man: "Oh... well... That's good too."

Me: "Ummm... yeah... thanks." :rolleyes:

Sort of related... mostly related :)

1) When you fly into the Philippines, there is a red printed sentence in the customs paper that says "Death to drug smugglers."

2) On the way home at Detroit customs, standing in line...
Man in front of me to wife: "Hey, hunny... I think that guy plays for the Detroit Lions!"

Me: "Actually, I'm a nurse."

Man: "Oh... well... That's good too."

Me: "Ummm... yeah... thanks." :rolleyes:

That would curtail any drugs I'm sure...it would scare the shit out of me. We should have that for any terrorists.

I just cracked up at your statement while being in line! Thank you for serving in that capacity. My daughter is going to school to be a surgical RN. Takes special people!

Unfortunately under the Patriot Act customs and TSA and the govt are able to do what ever they want in the name of public safety. There is Verbage in their that basically says that any and all drug users (whatever they may be) can be considered aiding terrorist organizations...don't believe me, try reading it and see what rights you think you have underbthe constitution that were done away with by this...

Yeah...I believe you bro...I guess it's just the direction the country is taking. Sad...

Thanks for posting!

Hey bro...I understand profiling based on a national threat, and I'm for that...but because someone is in in shape, I believe is a bit over the top. If I came off the plane, and walked over to customs, with red eyes from being tired, I suppose they could grab me and search my stuff, because I look like a pot head. This isn't a challenge to your statement...

To my understanding, if you land in OHare, you are on US soil, and as a US citizen, there are certain rights that are still in play. Could be wrong...my wife says I often am!

TBH, I'm glad they take precautions, and I do travel a lot...and i look like a lifter (cause I do what i do), but I've never been asked to step aside for any special searches etc. Granted, this isn't customs.

You are actually in an "international zone" before you clear customs, you are not actually in the USA, a whole different set of rules apply.

I'll do one further...recently had a friend pulled over by a state trooper for illegal lane/blinker use or something...trooper said he "looked like he was under the influence of 'roids" and searched his car.
This guy is shredded but only about 175 lbs...

Isn't that discrimination?

that one id take to court in a heart beat. id find a doctor to testify. i dont care how much it cost me. what does 'under the influence of roids' look like exactly when it comes to driving? they get away with it because people dont stand up for their rights. or they dont know their rights. sounds like an illegal search to me.

well said

Texas airports are funny...Mcallen, TX(only place I ever had trouble)...I was probably the only white, US born person within 200 feet & was singled out & asked if I was an American citizen...they didn't search Me or anything but I thought it was a bit odd

Your right, next time I ll wear a hoodie when its 98 degrees to make all the Jealous haters out there happy, are you happy now? LOL I was wearing a very large xxl or xxxl designer Tee shirt. Bro enjoy your life, love everyone and you will be much happier.

peace

easiest thing to do when traveling is don't dress like a douche. Avoid wearing string tank tops and underarmour shirts that are 3 sizes too small. You may love to show off how big you are so everyone thinks you are a god, but it draws way too much attention by customs even if you have nothing in your bags. Wear loose fitting clothes or hoodies ect..

My biggest thing is they will harass good citizens, but we have 11 illegal immigrants here. We are not consistant with our borders at all. Customs will make a little old lady take off her depends underwear or strip search a 6 year old kid, but don't mention the illegal immigrant problem here and how to stop it, we will be racially profiling. :rolleyes:

Oh Pesty, don't you know that they stand up for illegal immigrants because they use their votes to continue to get re-elected?! Our own gvt sued Arizona with Mexico because they were upholding a federal law!!! We are an ass backwards country

Your right, next time I ll wear a hoodie when its 98 degrees to make all the Jealous haters out there happy, are you happy now? LOL I was wearing a very large xxl or xxxl designer Tee shirt. Bro enjoy your life, love everyone and you will be much happier.

peace

I am with you bro, i dress comfortable when I fly, usually a 2xl under armor shirt, which is just right, No way I can smash myself into a shirt 3x too small. I can't stand hoodies though!

that one id take to court in a heart beat. id find a doctor to testify. i dont care how much it cost me. what does 'under the influence of roids' look like exactly when it comes to driving? they get away with it because people dont stand up for their rights. or they dont know their rights. sounds like an illegal search to me.

You apparently haven't heard... under "The Patriot Act" they can enter your home, search your car, without good cause, because it allows for them to conduct such searches now. So, the real fight should be against the "Communist Act"... I mean, Patriot Act. And they (US Gov.) just keeps renewing everytime it supposed to expire. It was supposed to have expired two years from the date it was introduced by the Chaney/Bush Administration.

What's mind blowing, is they had the balls to name it "Patriot" yet it goes against every consitutional right this country was built on!! It's pretty much them calling us all a bunch of idiots and laughing about it. Cause We The People haven't done diddly to enforce the expiration of this act of treason. Ok, I'm done.

You apparently haven't heard... under "The Patriot Act" they can enter your home, search your car, without good cause, because it allows for them to conduct such searches now. So, the real fight should be against the "Communist Act"... I mean, Patriot Act. And they (US Gov.) just keeps renewing everytime it supposed to expire. It was supposed to have expired two years from the date it was introduced by the Chaney/Bush Administration.

What's mind blowing, is they had the balls to name it "Patriot" yet it goes against every consitutional right this country was built on!! It's pretty much them calling us all a bunch of idiots and laughing about it. Cause We The People haven't done diddly to enforce the expiration of this act of treason. Ok, I'm done.

Couldn't agree more...this country needs to head back in the direction it was intended to from the start...many of the problems we are having are due to TOO much govt power/laws and enforcing them! Ron Paul for President anyone??!

You are actually in an "international zone" before you clear customs, you are not actually in the USA, a whole different set of rules apply.

Very interesting bro...thanks for sharing! Learn something new every day! ;)

peace

You beat me to it...I was gonna ask if wearing a button up, collared, XXL shirt with nice pants is dressing like a douche.

I got flagged at the airport returning to the US by customs for “looking like a bodybuilder”. They took me aside asked me some questions and searched my bags. It took about 45 minutes. Be careful guys; never fly with anything illegal in your bags.

Peace

Same here bro, coming back from South America, I got stopped at 2 different security stations , almost missed my connecting flight. One thing I would advice is be as nice and courteous as possible because they can really give you a very hard time. I travel a couple of times a year and it has happened to me a couple of times. God bless you .

Same here bro, coming back from South America, I got stopped at 2 different security stations , almost missed my connecting flight. One thing I would advice is be as nice and courteous as possible because they can really give you a very hard time. I travel a couple of times a year and it has happened to me a couple of times. God bless you .

Absolutely. Always better to be friendly and even funny in those situations. That way they will be less inclined to find a way to get you in trouble

Last edited:
As some of you know, I travel almost weekly. Sometimes, in the middle of the night I have to remind myself what city/country I am in.

As mentioned previously, you have ZERO rights in Customs in any country. You are actually waving all your human rights when you cross a border and Customs can literally do anything they wish to you and you have no recourse.

The only way guaranteed around this is to fly first class. When you get yoru boarding pass you get a special pass that gives you access to a special customs desk and then a customs officer ushers you past customs and straight outside into the airport. The quarantine dogs only check the economy part of a plane and only the normal (economy/business) qeues get their bags searched and profiled. Never happens in first class. I guess they don't want to mess with people that pay $20k a ticket as those kind of people could have certain powers that normal citizens don't (my reasonings after observing customs' behaviours).
Once I even asked them if they want to search my bags and they said "Of course not Sir".

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131