over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

flavoring ground turkey

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you guys have any ideas to flavor ground turkey without altering calories etc...? Spices??

Make your own

I make this up and us it on most of my ground meats. (i.e. turkey, venison, beef, etc.) I like it better than pre-packaged seasoning and it does not have the additional carbs from corn starch those have. You can also adjust this to taste. In fact I turn the heat up a bit and add little cayenne pepper. :d:vil-smi Start out with a tablespoon per pound at first and adjust from there.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
1.In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

Nutritional Information
Taco Seasoning
Servings Per Recipe: 10

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 5
Total Fat: 0.2g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 185mg
Total Carbs: 0.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Protein: 0.2g

Last edited:
Thank you guys. Those ideas sound great.

Now, Bigdaddy_554, once you mix all the spices, do you add it to the ground turkey while cooking it in the pan?

:)

Cook First

After you have browned the ground meat, drain it, add the spices and about 1/2 cup water per pound. Then stir and simmer the water off.

Do you guys have any ideas to flavor ground turkey without altering calories etc...? Spices??

I have never tried it but a Cajun friend of mine swears by the Ranch Dressing powder-says its the best....like the other guy said taco seasoning good too.

After you have browned the ground meat, drain it, add the spices and about 1/2 cup water per pound. Then stir and simmer the water off.

There is a better approached. First sauteed the onions and once they are nice and brown then add the spices. They will infused with the onions and then add the mince. That's what I do.

I eat ground turkey almost exclusively...I either make a marinara base from scratch that I use, or I I make a sauce out of onions, garlic, sambal, curry, and light coconut milk.

I eat ground turkey almost exclusively...I either make a marinara base from scratch that I use, or I I make a sauce out of onions, garlic, sambal, curry, and light coconut milk.

Do you mind posting those recipes? They sound yummy :)

I'm sure BigChef and some of the guys here that have posted up, nailed it.

Here's my simple deal: I just buy the ground turkey from Costco cause it seems to be a good deal for quantity. I keep two packs in the fridge at all times and the other two in the freezer just in case I don't get to them before the exp. date(rare that happens.)

Anyways, I just use 'pam' in the pan and pepper the shit out of the slab...toss it in and cook till there's no pink...Any extra flavoring is used by adding a tiny bit of Tapitio and a very small amount of ketchup if on hand. Lean ground turkey is good by itself and I limit sodium...simple healthy food right there but, I'd add in some onions or some bell peppers, if for nothing else, fiber at least.

BigChef obviously knows what's up...That's just the way I've done it for a while now.

I'm sure BigChef and some of the guys here that have posted up, nailed it.

Here's my simple deal: I just buy the ground turkey from Costco cause it seems to be a good deal for quantity. I keep two packs in the fridge at all times and the other two in the freezer just in case I don't get to them before the exp. date(rare that happens.)

Anyways, I just use 'pam' in the pan and pepper the shit out of the slab...toss it in and cook till there's no pink...Any extra flavoring is used by adding a tiny bit of Tapitio and a very small amount of ketchup if on hand. Lean ground turkey is good by itself and I limit sodium...simple healthy food right there but, I'd add in some onions or some bell peppers, if for nothing else, fiber at least.

BigChef obviously knows what's up...That's just the way I've done it for a while now.

What Tyrone does is correct. There are many methods and style but people do what they feel is comfortable. :)

I also use the methods above, especially the taco seasoning. One other method that is quite good is adding some Braggs Liquid Aminos. It tastes almost exactly like soy sauce except it is a little more potent and has zero calories and much lower sodium. It's made from vegetable protein from soybeans. I've seen it in a couple grocery stores, but amazon sells it for the best price.

Weber makes a line of spices, like montreal steak, cajun chicken, beer can chicken, gourmet burger and my favorite roasted red pepper and garlic herb, sodium content isnt too bad, flavor is incredible

I use franks red hot to flavor my ground turkey. 0 calories just have to watch out for the sodium.

I use franks red hot to flavor my ground turkey. 0 calories just have to watch out for the sodium.

That's a good one.

Sometimes I will use walden farms bbq sauce.

sometimes I like walden farms pancake syrup with a bit of liquid smoke and a tiny bit of Worcestershire sauce.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131