over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flavoring Peri drinks

IronLion2

Banned
Need some help not making my intra taste like ass. Mostly carbs (50-100g) and salt (5-20g) in my drink, the waxy maize is masked by lemonade but I can't find a way to add in large amounts of sodium without cringing after every taste. Pickle brine was a good sub for the sea salt but it gets pricy, any salt recommendation or way to cover the taste?

Why not add some coconut water instead?
Im using an electrolyte mix right now because you're right, the salt mix is bad lol

Why not add some coconut water instead?
Im using an electrolyte mix right now because you're right, the salt mix is bad lol

What's the sodium content you use? I'm a cheap ass when it comes to small stuff like this, coconut water isn't expensive but to get a decent dose of na I think I'd need like 5 of dem mofos.

Might try lime mix but idk how well I can stomach this much na. I remember reports that NFL lineman burn over 100g of sodium, I'd be weak trying to stomach that.

@DOGGCRAPP may I please ask for your expert opinion in this matter? I stole the lemonade back from you to flavor the TN waxy maize/EAA, works like a charm. Anyway to add large amounts of sodium without feeling like I'm drinking ocean water?

Go to bio test.t-nation.com and they have a product called Intensified Flavors.... works well! I usually mix around 5ml in 2000ml jug with my pepto pro, cyclic dextrin etc. Actually makes me wanna drink the stuff. They have 6 flavors.

Need some help not making my intra taste like ass. Mostly carbs (50-100g) and salt (5-20g) in my drink, the waxy maize is masked by lemonade but I can't find a way to add in large amounts of sodium without cringing after every taste. Pickle brine was a good sub for the sea salt but it gets pricy, any salt recommendation or way to cover the taste?
Looks like you're at 1 - 4 teaspoons?

I only use 1/4 teaspoon but for that concentration, a truelemon or truelime packet work fine.

The TN EAA+ product works well too. I like the Pina colada. Every time I previously tried to use straight beet powder, I couldn't mask that flavor.

How about crystal light? When I buy from TN, I usually use their flavoring system on my products.

I've found making my drinks the night prior helps a TON compared to making them a few hours prior or the day of.

How about crystal light? When I buy from TN, I usually use their flavoring system on my products.

I've found making my drinks the night prior helps a TON compared to making them a few hours prior or the day of.

going with a light flavoring may help, my issue is the total solute is high with the solvent (being water) isnt as high, any way to bring down the content in the container is going to help the drinkability.

HBCD from True Nutrition (max flavoring) instead of waxy, then add Mio to fine tune.

If you are cheap about this and you want it to taste better then the obvious answer is switch from that expensive carb and use sweet tasting, super cheap dextrose instead.

As for the salt, dunno how to make that work good in liquid. Not unless you want to add some spice and make it something like a spicy salted Mexican mango drink or something like that.

Have you tried soy sauce instead of salt?

Lol

honestly ill just grind up ramen and soy sauce (a lot of top PL competitors do this for weigh ins)

honestly ill just grind up ramen and soy sauce (a lot of top PL competitors do this for weigh ins)

Hey brother I used to be on the platform a few times. We would use those chicken bullion cubes and make a broth and drink it.

I kinda enjoyed it lol. I never got into the chocolate milk drinking, I’d just munch on poptarts and real thin whey isolate in water

Hey brother I used to be on the platform a few times. We would use those chicken bullion cubes and make a broth and drink it.

I kinda enjoyed it lol. I never got into the chocolate milk drinking, I’d just munch on poptarts and real thin whey isolate in water

bloat ftw

I used to hold a Juniors SPF raw record, but I think it was broke. 221 raw 585/440/565 squat bench dead.

raw? let me hold that purse for you, I kid lol.

I use lemon/lime Gatorade to flavor my intra drink (everything is unflavored from TN) if I cut the carbs I use Pink Lemonade crystal lite
The sweet/sour seems to help kill the bitterness of the EAA and Citrulline maleate

bloat ftw

raw? let me hold that purse for you, I kid lol.

Well raw in spf was knee wraps, wrist wraps and belt were ok. I think some raw federations don’t allow knee wraps

You don't need that much salt and as TOO55 stated something like coconut water would be good. There are also many electrolyte mixes that are gtg. You could use a combination of products. You could add some extra salt if you want and it won't taste bad. Just make sure you use a well flavoured EAA or Carb powder.

Now if you are dead set on using actual salt because it's cheap then it will only make it taste bad so my recommendation if you just want to do that is simply take little packs of salt (the paper ones you get in fast food places). Just have one of those straight and use the nice tasting drink to swallow it down intra training. You could have one 30 mins in and another 60 mins in for example.

Water flavor enhancers like mio can work. Mio tastes the best but walmart's best value brand are very strong. The blueberry and mixed berry flavor can masks things quite well.

I have always chosen one ingredient be flavored (right now my electrolyte/mineral/vitamin choice) nearly making EAA and Leucine drinkable and lately I have found I enjoy very much better Citrulline Malate I literally drink it easier than lemonade now

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws