over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flavoring Plain BCAAs

swim15

Registered
A lot of you probably know that My Protein has 1kg/200 serving bags of BCAAs on sale frequently for around $26-28. Only downside is that the flavors kinda suck so I recently got an unflavored bag with the thought to flavor it.

Anyone find anything that worked well for this? Honestly wish you could just buy flavoring from your favorite company (like the flavors that BPI uses in their Best BCAAs) to flavor water or whatever with. Tried crystal light yesterday and didn't work very well as it wasn't strong enough and with 40cals per packet it adds up.

Never done it before, but what about powder Gatorade? Or one of those water flavor additives like Mio?

I use pink lemonade Crystal light to flavor my intra workout drink cause I use all unflavored mixes

The tart/sour flavor helps cover up the natural flavor

I use MiO Blueberry Lemonade Liquid Water Enhancer. Zero calories, and strong enough flavouring to cover any taste up. I just do a couple squirts and good to go.

MiO Liquid Water Enhancer

13039_00043000005491.jpg

i second the pink lemonade crystal light. The flavor you use needs to be sour in order to best cover up the bitterness of the bcaa's

One of the hydration powders popular these days works great.

I mixed a few packets of crystal light + gatorade blue powder into a container with the bcaa. Then on top of it for my pre-intra shake I'll add 2 tbsp gatorade blue, crystal light (peach or grape), and maybe some extra sugar. The taste isn't bad at all.

Maybe you need to play around with the concentration. I also add a few other things which may help I guess.

This is what I usually do in about 20oz or more of water. Keep in mind I do slin-R prior with a small meal.
15-25g bcaa, 2-4tbsp gatorade blue, dash to taste crystal light grape or peach,
2.5g micronized creatine monohydrate, 1.5-2g TMG, 1-3g taurine, 1-2g l-carnitine. Then sometimes I'll also add maybe 1g Vit. C, and 1tsp baking soda.

How bad are the myprotein flavors? I just checked and they actually have a 50% off sale right now. So 1kg for about $21 bucks for their flavored bcaa.

The only flavored bcaa's I've ever used were xtend almost a decade ago. From what I can remember it tasted pretty damn good. I just started using bcaa's again since I started doing slin.

Last edited:
Size-on Is great tasting plus compliments your bcaa's pre workout.
I buy all my protein unflavored and add either size-on or dk matter for flavor.
I am big on sweets don't get me wrong, but there for desert!!!
Who wants a milkshake at 10 A.M.

I may give the MIO a try. Wanted something that I could preflavor with so gonna see if I can't find some stronger tasting/lower cal flavor packets first.

The My Protein BCAAs aren't horrible, just not great. I'd give them a 5/10 probably

I forgot to add, tea actually works well too. I usually brew up 32oz of hot tea that I finish throughout the day. I add some into a thermo to keep it hot and some of it cold to add with my bcaa mix. The tea with crystal light works well to mask the taste.

I do a mixture of hibiscus, green tea, and chamomile. I use the leaves and not the tea bags.

I use about 1/3 of a single pack of Crystal Light Lemonade with mine.

You may have to adjust the amount you use depending on the amount of supplements and according to your own tastes.

I currently use TN's citrulline, creatine, beta-alanine, glutamine, bcaa, hydromax, leucine, taurine and mix in Crystal Light with all of this and drink it during.

I may give the MIO a try. Wanted something that I could preflavor with so gonna see if I can't find some stronger tasting/lower cal flavor packets first.

The My Protein BCAAs aren't horrible, just not great. I'd give them a 5/10 probably

I remember buying My Protein Essential Amino Acids and ended up throwing them away. They were the worst thing I have ever tasted and trust me I can drink most things. They were so bad and ruined everything I added them to so I figured no point.

I remember buying My Protein Essential Amino Acids and ended up throwing them away. They were the worst thing I have ever tasted and trust me I can drink most things. They were so bad and ruined everything I added them to so I figured no point.

Every plain amino is foul.

what ever they use in flavored works tremendously.
it's actually cheaper and need smaller amount of flavored eaa/bcaa then using crystal light.

Also
1 scoop green apple humapro mixed with green apple Gatorade makes 30 grams unflavored eaa taste amazing

True Lemon Strawberry Lemonade (made with stevia), mixes nicely with all my awful tasting supps. I also notice coffee mixes well with BCAAs, for some reason cuts down on the froth/bubbles, add stevia to taste.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131