over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FLEX LEVERAGE EQUIPMENT

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
WHEN I OWNED MY GYM I HAD A FEW PIECES OF FLEX LEVERAGE EQUIPMENT.. i did not use it much at all because i had hammer pieces i really liked.. i have the opportunity to get the flex leverage row and the flex seated chest press for killer prices to add to my home gym... what is your experience with them and how ya liked them..?

I have used flex years ago, but didnt really care for the motion.

I have used Flex equipment for years and love it. We have a good amount of Flex equipment at Armbrust, as well, and they get a lot of use.

Skip

I have used Flex equipment for years and love it. We have a good amount of Flex equipment at Armbrust, as well, and they get a lot of use.

Skip

I agree. Did the seated press at my last workout. The Flex machines and the AFS vertical & horizontal leg press are the oldest machines we have @ Gold's Venice b/c they are popular and obviously can't be replaced by newer models. They just switched out all the equipment not long ago, the Flex and the AFS always remain and are not even painted. They're the same as they were 20 years ago the first time I trained there. The seated press is highly adjustable in ROM and seat position and is easily still one of the most popular chest machines there. It can mimic a floor press/rack press, a deep stretch comparable to dumbbells, a bench press to neck, a close grip press & everywhere in between. Great peak contraction. It will probably still be there looking the same in another 20 years. Great pieces of equipment I think that stand the test of time.

Rex.

thanks for the responses.. hear is my "theory" lol.. i have always used hammer strength.. have quite a few pieces in my home gym.. i am beginning to believe my cousin (was strength coach at syracuse for a while) that hammer strength is great but may not help in evening out side to side imbalances.. he was here not long ago and explained to me that "when was the last time you failed on a hammer machine without both sides failing at the same time..".. kinda rang true.. i have always done iso lateral movements and dumbell work to work on imbalances.. they , after all these years, are still there.. not bad.. not many can tell at all.. but they bugged me..

the issue i have with hammer chest machines is the low starting point.. i have made blocks of wood to use to raise the handles but they still kill my shoulders starting out.. i now have to have wife pull them forward to get them started.. so i think i will be selling them.. the flex pieces are a steal and with the adjustable starting points will help me and my shoulders.. i figure if the imbalances are there at 43 then i am not getting rid of them now lol...

speaking of golds.. i saw tom prince once max out that flex piece back in the late 90's (chest press) .. he had it stacked lol.. i remember him saying it was the best piece in the gym.. should have listened lol..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws