over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flex Lewis's new gym

How many bodybuilding gyms have you been to? It sounds like you’re making up imaginary scenarios based on one video. I’ve been to quite few in fact that’s what my daily gym is and it’s the complete opposite of what you’re talking about. In fact real gyms not fitness clubs usually have people in their really training and focused on their goal who are more than willing to help anyone who asks.
It’s funny because I’ve been to the Arnold and other expos and shows as well filled to the brim with people on a ton of shit but there’s not one bad situation that I’ve seen or heard of. Now go to any other large gathering of non bodybuilders, strongmen and power lifters and youre almost guaranteed to run into jackasses. Stop spouting the middle school roid rage propaganda and baseless stereotyping
I agree. The serious gyms I've belonged to never had any issues. Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves and minds their own business. I saw one fight break out but that was at a more mainstream gym, a Golds.

I bet there are plenty of other gyms you don't hear about that are $150/month. To some that is not a concern.
Yeah Equinox clubs out here in the bay area are $185/month for single club access or $275/month for access to every club

I go to my buddies gym @ $25/month

How many bodybuilding gyms have you been to? It sounds like you’re making up imaginary scenarios based on one video. I’ve been to quite few in fact that’s what my daily gym is and it’s the complete opposite of what you’re talking about. In fact real gyms not fitness clubs usually have people in their really training and focused on their goal who are more than willing to help anyone who asks.
It’s funny because I’ve been to the Arnold and other expos and shows as well filled to the brim with people on a ton of shit but there’s not one bad situation that I’ve seen or heard of. Now go to any other large gathering of non bodybuilders, strongmen and power lifters and youre almost guaranteed to run into jackasses. Stop spouting the middle school roid rage propaganda and baseless stereotyping

Your post has more " roid rage" than this entire thread, lol. I do enjoy your posts though. When I say bodybuilding gym I mean gym that has a " clique" of bodybuilders. I'd imagine anyplace that has cliques has drama, but the only cliques I could imagine at a gym are bodybuilders. The bodybuilders I see at commercial gyms keep to themselves, train hard, leave. Where the ones with cliques the guys are always sitting around talking etc on the gym floor. My experience is definitely the opposite of yours, maybe you will be correct and this gym will be drama free, go in train hard leave. Some look at the gym as a social please for networking, I prefer the opposite.

I will say the positives, he has some badass art work and the equipment is top notch.

Your post has more " roid rage" than this entire thread, lol. I do enjoy your posts though. When I say bodybuilding gym I mean gym that has a " clique" of bodybuilders. I'd imagine anyplace that has cliques has drama, but the only cliques I could imagine at a gym are bodybuilders. The bodybuilders I see at commercial gyms keep to themselves, train hard, leave. Where the ones with cliques the guys are always sitting around talking etc on the gym floor. My experience is definitely the opposite of yours, maybe you will be correct and this gym will be drama free, go in train hard leave. Some look at the gym as a social please for networking, I prefer the opposite.

I will say the positives, he has some badass art work and the equipment is top notch.

Can you name a few of these gyms you refer to? In my experience it's the complete opposite. Obviously there is trouble in pretty much any crowded place from time to time. However the more bodybuilder orientated the gym the less trouble imo. Guys tend to be more serious, respectful of rules and closer to other members. Obviously disagreements may happen and if a place is full of ego's that sure but it doesn't really happen. There aren't many gyms you get a lot of trouble but definitely more mainsteam gyms that are city centre based but even then it doesn't really happen much.

Regarding the thread my circumstances change but sure I would pay that amount. Now if there are loads of great gyms for cheaper then I would just go to one (or 2) of those so it all depends upon the equipment for me. If it was much better than everywhere else I would pay the difference. I wouldn't pay the difference because some pro's train there or "networking" as I don't care about that at all. When I first moved to Switzerland I wanted to join a gym as fast as possible and I didn't want to join one long term as I wanted to try a few out so I paid for 1 month in a pretty standard gym and that cost me about $260 for 1 month. I was later paying about about $500 for 3 months in a nice gym. Later it worked out about $70 per month in other gyms that weren't as nice but just as good (or even better) for my goals. So if I have to pay for the gym I will because it's very important to me but I am not going to pay much more if I am aware of other places that are cheaper. Where I live now the local gyms aren't great but they are decent and I only pay $30 per month.

Can you name a few of these gyms you refer to? In my experience it's the complete opposite. Obviously there is trouble in pretty much any crowded place from time to time. However the more bodybuilder orientated the gym the less trouble imo. Guys tend to be more serious, respectful of rules and closer to other members. Obviously disagreements may happen and if a place is full of ego's that sure but it doesn't really happen. There aren't many gyms you get a lot of trouble but definitely more mainsteam gyms that are city centre based but even then it doesn't really happen much.

One was a golds, a well known guy and his friend would go there and push "pellets" and supplements on people there was even talk about it on forums. Very cliquy and there was a new GM every week. One was another golds, I wasn't aware of the drama until I ran into a guy in I know who told me "did you hear about all the drama there, how can you lift there" something about some of the trainers, something happened with the female members (didn't bother to ask). Another local GM the owner was dealing pretty hard and got popped and the whole gym went under, he ended up resurfacing at the gym I went to. Cool guy I talked to him a few times but he still pushes his stuff I guess not knowing people could get better stuff at half the price online, lol. There was a former judge who also worked there and apparently they hated each other (I guess competing for customers) and people either either cool with one or the other. Everyone talked shit about each other and there were always guys going around trying to sell supplements (not juice but some BS supplements I think it was a pyramid scheme). A couple guys complained that other guys rippled them off sold the stuff that gave them acne and gyno. Just seemed like lots of little cliques. Then I saw in the comments section of one guy something about "you still lift there after all the drama that happened" no clue what the story was.

Just seems like from my experience there is always cliques, drama, etc and you don't see this at more commercial gyms where people just go in, lift, do cardio etc. Occasionally there may be a few college kids that hang around eachothert but you don't see too much socializing. Just my experience.

One was a golds, a well known guy and his friend would go there and push "pellets" and supplements on people there was even talk about it on forums. Very cliquy and there was a new GM every week. One was another golds, I wasn't aware of the drama until I ran into a guy in I know who told me "did you hear about all the drama there, how can you lift there" something about some of the trainers, something happened with the female members (didn't bother to ask). Another local GM the owner was dealing pretty hard and got popped and the whole gym went under, he ended up resurfacing at the gym I went to. Cool guy I talked to him a few times but he still pushes his stuff I guess not knowing people could get better stuff at half the price online, lol. There was a former judge who also worked there and apparently they hated each other (I guess competing for customers) and people either either cool with one or the other. Everyone talked shit about each other and there were always guys going around trying to sell supplements (not juice but some BS supplements I think it was a pyramid scheme). A couple guys complained that other guys rippled them off sold the stuff that gave them acne and gyno. Just seemed like lots of little cliques. Then I saw in the comments section of one guy something about "you still lift there after all the drama that happened" no clue what the story was.

Just seems like from my experience there is always cliques, drama, etc and you don't see this at more commercial gyms where people just go in, lift, do cardio etc. Occasionally there may be a few college kids that hang around eachothert but you don't see too much socializing. Just my experience.

Did you see the video where Kali Muscle went to Gold's and he pulled a knife on someone?

Golds is a commercial gym

I'm 52 and came up in a hardcore gym for 26 years. I would get passes and check out other places just for the hell of it. In 26 years I remember 3 altercations which never came to blows but for the most part everyone was cool. People helped each other out and there was comradery there. I definitely don't see the comradery anymore. As far as selling gear out of gym, that was just common place. There was no internet back then.

Now I train at City Sports and extension of LA Fitness. Like I said, NO COMRADERY! I watch people train and I don't know what the hell they're watching online but some of it looks like they made up some wacky movement. The dumbbells only go to 100lbs and so far, at the time I train, myself and a friend of mine are the only ones who ever use them. At my age and all my surgeries I don't go too heavy anymore but sometimes I push a little. The other day I was using the Life Fitness plate loaded shoulder press and I went up to 3 plates and a 25 on each side for 12 reps and people were looking at me like I was from Mars. Then I see guys that look like they should have some strength but don't. It doesn't seem to be part of working out in certain gyms anymore...very weird to me and some friends. I saw a guy the other day who looked like he should be able to push a little weight. His big set on incline dumbbell press was 40lb dumbbells...wtf? To each their own but it's not what I'm used to being around. Don't get me wrong, if someone is struggling with 40's then they're putting work in and I respect that.

Oh and don't get me started on form...what in the good F@#K...it leaves me speechless. And if you try to give some of these people input they get irritated because the fucktard they saw on IG or you tube didn't do it that way. True story, a friend at the gym introduced me to a friend of his there. The guy was deadlifting with horrible form. I said, "Hey can I give you some advice on your form?" He looked at me irritated and said, "Sure." I did but he didn't follow any of it. Fast forward roughly two months, we say hi to each other and he says, "Oh man, I fucked my back up deadlifting." I said, "Oh no, sorry to hear that." That was it. He learned the hard way. Now I don't say shit. Once in great while someone see's me lifting and says, "Do you mind telling me if I'm doing this correctly?" Things have just changed over time, it's how it goes. In the "old days" you were grateful, even honored when one of the big guys took the time to talk to you about your form or share an exercise with you. The respect and the comradery is barely recognizable now. I hope some sanity comes back to the gyms one of these days.

It's funny to hear story's of drama in your gyms, I avoid the evening crowd and after school crowd, I train early morning anywhere between 5am to 9am at the latest, its mostly old retired people in the gym and they love me, they always brag about how big I am but mostly about how polite I am always saying yes sir or yes ma'am. Old white folks love me LMAO 🤣

Cliques? What? Where the hell have you been workingout?

I know that every single one of us values a good gym. And that's why we're picky as hellll..
I belong to 2 gyms right now. 1 of them being pretty bodybuilding/fit athlete-centric and having great camaraderie between the regulars. I personally have never been the type to socialize too much at the gym. But i do talk to the morning crew that i know. The trainers, the other competitors, all that. And i have YET to see drama in there. I've maybe seen a handful of things get crazy in a gym, in my entire life, and all of it was by random Joe Schmo's at corporate gyms. So when you find these private gyms, all the people you become friends with (the regulars) have a common level of respect—you guys are there for a reason, this isn't 24 hr Fitness. But I actually AM a member of an LA Fitness that's like 3 mins away from my new house. Its 100% just because the other gym is about 20 mins away. And my god, the corporate gyms are another beast. I put a hat on, avoid eye contact, cover up and just try to get thru my workout fairly quick. Just a weird mix of newbies and people juuust discovering fitness. Just not a place i want to be at.

As far as how much I'd pay? I'm down to pay $150...i think i was paying $220 per month living in NYC paying for Equinox. (Yeah that's how many hardcore gyms NYC has). But I'm such an equipment-head....you know you've found yourself a cool gym if they have a variety of interesting stuff. Prime or Arsenal...or a pendulum squat in the corner. Yeah, you get spoiled at places like that. And when i find those, I'm either down to driiive (I was making a 50 min drive during Covid to a spot) or I'm willing to pay.

The Shop Manassas and Armbrust are both 75$ a month, but even less per if you sign longer-term contracts. I view these gyms as elite bodybuilding-style gyms in terms of equipment and atmosphere. With that said, Vegas is a pretty expensive city in general (I think), does is his price tag warranted based on the area?

Did you see the video where Kali Muscle went to Gold's and he pulled a knife on someone?

Lmao jfc... Good ole Kali Muscle. Was just listening to Elgintensity roast him on YouTube 😂 Probably one of the dumbest people to ever enter the industry, but I bet he made a shit load of money. And to tell the truth he didn't have a bad physique at all, so I'll give him his props

Cliques? What? Where the hell have you been workingout?

I know that every single one of us values a good gym. And that's why we're picky as hellll..
I belong to 2 gyms right now. 1 of them being pretty bodybuilding/fit athlete-centric and having great camaraderie between the regulars. I personally have never been the type to socialize too much at the gym. But i do talk to the morning crew that i know. The trainers, the other competitors, all that. And i have YET to see drama in there. I've maybe seen a handful of things get crazy in a gym, in my entire life, and all of it was by random Joe Schmo's at corporate gyms. So when you find these private gyms, all the people you become friends with (the regulars) have a common level of respect—you guys are there for a reason, this isn't 24 hr Fitness. But I actually AM a member of an LA Fitness that's like 3 mins away from my new house. Its 100% just because the other gym is about 20 mins away. And my god, the corporate gyms are another beast. I put a hat on, avoid eye contact, cover up and just try to get thru my workout fairly quick. Just a weird mix of newbies and people juuust discovering fitness. Just not a place i want to be at.

As far as how much I'd pay? I'm down to pay $150...i think i was paying $220 per month living in NYC paying for Equinox. (Yeah that's how many hardcore gyms NYC has). But I'm such an equipment-head....you know you've found yourself a cool gym if they have a variety of interesting stuff. Prime or Arsenal...or a pendulum squat in the corner. Yeah, you get spoiled at places like that. And when i find those, I'm either down to driiive (I was making a 50 min drive during Covid to a spot) or I'm willing to pay.
I just keep imagining street gangs made of bodybuilders fighting it out in the parking lot. The Tren Boyz vs The DBullz

Yeah, if you're paying $150/month it sure is. If you have the room and proper space in your home somewhere then you should. Most suppliers use 3rd party companies for loans you can take out and most are interest free for 1 year.

Of course, the more material and more space, the better gym you can build. But for most, even serious athletes, you don't need much more than a small room, a cage, bench, a few bars, and 700 pounds of discs. Although not comfortable, make detachable dumbbells if you don't want to take up a lot of space or spend a lot of money. Add some decent cable machine.

With an investment of 4000-6000 dollars you should be fine.

If you are a competitor and feel that you need to play with more variety, angles and machines, and train with giant sets, then you cannot have this at home unless you are Ronnie Coleman. So, occasionally join a gym.

There’s so many variables to consider with that fee. For me as a single dad I’d happily pay that price if they had a bad ass kids facility that was included, a cafe, and other amenities. We have Lifetime fitness here that is nearly that much but what you get for that is well worth it. They keep everything pristine, the outdoor pool area is amazing, and the kids club is world class. If it were just a regular gym based on Flex’s namesake alone then definitely not.

Of course, the more material and more space, the better gym you can build. But for most, even serious athletes, you don't need much more than a small room, a cage, bench, a few bars, and 700 pounds of discs. Although not comfortable, make detachable dumbbells if you don't want to take up a lot of space or spend a lot of money. Add some decent cable machine.

With an investment of 4000-6000 dollars you should be fine.

If you are a competitor and feel that you need to play with more variety, angles and machines, and train with giant sets, then you cannot have this at home unless you are Ronnie Coleman. So, occasionally join a gym.
I've got a simple setup like that in my basement now. Had it for about 15 years now. Works well. It's how I started out as a teenager too.

I've got a simple setup like that in my basement now. Had it for about 15 years now. Works well. It's how I started out as a teenager too.

Consistency, patience, will, and imagination will get you far enough. If your genetics allow you to have a great physique and health, you will have it, if not, it does not matter where you train or how many toys you have.

I just keep imagining street gangs made of bodybuilders fighting it out in the parking lot. The Tren Boyz vs The DBullz
Also, choreographed dancing to music before fighting.

Nah I trained there about a month ago and it was ok but it was small, not enough benches, no locker room etc.. Cool looking though lol. I prefer LVAC at 6 am when all the teeny boppers are still sleeping.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131