over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flex Lewis's new gym

Nah I trained there about a month ago and it was ok but it was small, not enough benches, no locker room etc.. Cool looking though lol. I prefer LVAC at 6 am when all the teeny boppers are still sleeping.
No locker room? Wow. Never had that before.

No locker room? Wow. Never had that before.
I think the gym is primarily a showroom for the arsenal equipment line, the 'gym' part is just a secondary way to help pay the rent.

I think the gym is primarily a showroom for the arsenal equipment line, the 'gym' part is just a secondary way to help pay the rent.
Is Flex Lewis the owner/part owner of that equipment manufacturer?

That’s definitely an interesting thought and a plausible one.

For the record, Arsenal is all of the old Nebula pieces just rebranded. I'm not sure if there's even any differences in the pieces other than the stickers and maybe a few cosmetic changes in the frames. Tom Eilerman was the creator of all the Nebula pieces and owned the brand. To what degree, if any, Tom E. is associated w/Arsenal, i do not know.

Don't know about most of the Arsenal pieces but the hack squat is really good.

That’s definitely an interesting thought and a plausible one.
There's a separate showroom right next to the gym with all the equipment in the standard colors, they're not the same.

It's a small(ish) gym and they obviously need to limit access...that's why it's 150. If it was 30 bucks like you all want it'd be jam packed elbow to elbow with a line of people waiting for every machine. They're not trying to appeal to your individual budget, they're creating a manageable environment. 101.

There's a separate showroom right next to the gym with all the equipment in the standard colors, they're not the same.

It's a small(ish) gym and they obviously need to limit access...that's why it's 150. If it was 30 bucks like you all want it'd be jam packed elbow to elbow with a line of people waiting for every machine. They're not trying to appeal to your individual budget, they're creating a manageable environment. 101.

For the record, Arsenal is all of the old Nebula pieces just rebranded. I'm not sure if there's even any differences in the pieces other than the stickers and maybe a few cosmetic changes in the frames. Tom Eilerman was the creator of all the Nebula pieces and owned the brand. To what degree, if any, Tom E. is associated w/Arsenal, i do not know.
Strive.

"PRIME is owned and manufactured by Specialty Fitness Systems (SFS) in Franklin, PA. The company had been the sole manufacturer for Strive Fitness for years, but after SFS acquired Strive’s patents, the company developed PRIME. The new commercial gym equipment combines SFS’s manufacturing prowess and the innovative cam system Strive was known for, aptly renamed SmartCam.

The SmartCam allows users a variety of resistance selections at different points within an individual exercise motion. With the resistance set at any of 9 options on the cam, users can pinpoint the workout onto a specific stretch of their muscle, helping greatly with spot muscle training or rehabilitation."

https://primefitnessusa.com/prime-ihrsa-2015/

I wouldn’t get a membership there for $10 a month. I could afford 150+ a month. Every video I’ve seen looks like it’s packed already. I also don’t like the color coordinated, pretty, new, too clean look of the gym. It looks like a fashion statement. I don’t want to walk into a gym where everybody is there doing it for the gram. I go to one of the best gyms in America already and when you walk in there you’ve got nautilus and everything else, damn near 500 different machines and they’re always adding more, a monolith, atlas stones, kegs, squat racks, 220lb dbs, specialty bars, and more. My gyms not dirty but it looks like a place to train hard not a show room. If Mark who owns Madhouse told me he was raising rates to 200 a month I’d gladly pay it.

Don't know about most of the Arsenal pieces but the hack squat is really good.
The hack is the star of the line for sure, the leg press is pretty nice also. The cable machines (like leg curl, leg extension, etc) are funky and have strange strength curves and way too much friction in the system. They may have improved in the last few years though, I used them a couple of years ago.

I'd imagine most people in Vegas are tourist or work in the service industry? Does it really have a wealthy population like la or NY where people can afford or are willing to pay 150? Never been to Vegas

i watched a youtube video of a walk thru of Hide & Irise's Powerhouse thats going to open and it looks like its going to be twice the size with 2 separate lines of equipment. One is from Japan that Hide has brought over and one is a sponsor of Irises.

I’m in Vegas right now. I have only been to the strip. I know a lot of people who have recently moved there. A lot in the bodybuilding community as well. It’s so hot here. The houses are nice and on the cheaper side but Jesus Christ the heat is unbearable.

I really want to leave San Diego but every time I go some where else the weather sucks.

Strive.

"PRIME is owned and manufactured by Specialty Fitness Systems (SFS) in Franklin, PA. The company had been the sole manufacturer for Strive Fitness for years, but after SFS acquired Strive’s patents, the company developed PRIME. The new commercial gym equipment combines SFS’s manufacturing prowess and the innovative cam system Strive was known for, aptly renamed SmartCam.

The SmartCam allows users a variety of resistance selections at different points within an individual exercise motion. With the resistance set at any of 9 options on the cam, users can pinpoint the workout onto a specific stretch of their muscle, helping greatly with spot muscle training or rehabilitation."

https://primefitnessusa.com/prime-ihrsa-2015/
I'm aware that most of the Strive pieces have been repackaged as Prime. It's a very similar situation with Nebula and Arsenal.

I wouldn’t get a membership there for $10 a month. I could afford 150+ a month. Every video I’ve seen looks like it’s packed already. I also don’t like the color coordinated, pretty, new, too clean look of the gym. It looks like a fashion statement. I don’t want to walk into a gym where everybody is there doing it for the gram. I go to one of the best gyms in America already and when you walk in there you’ve got nautilus and everything else, damn near 500 different machines and they’re always adding more, a monolith, atlas stones, kegs, squat racks, 220lb dbs, specialty bars, and more. My gyms not dirty but it looks like a place to train hard not a show room. If Mark who owns Madhouse told me he was raising rates to 200 a month I’d gladly pay it.
I dont think everyone knows about Mark's gym.....yet. It is untouched in the country as far as what he has. The era and population today is just a little different and probably can't fully appreciate what's there. Most will go after the looks before functionality (not saying Dragon's Lair is not functional because it is). I just don't think many care about the technology or R+D that went in to a particular line as long as it looks cool. I have a lot of Nebula pieces and arsenal pieces because of functionality. For the most part you get get both with most of Arsenal pieces.

Nah I trained there about a month ago and it was ok but it was small, not enough benches, no locker room etc.. Cool looking though lol. I prefer LVAC at 6 am when all the teeny boppers are still sleeping.
U oughta see lvac at 3am.. There were about 8 people at Eastern/serene this morning.

I'm not sure if there's any connection between Newtech and Muscle D (formerly Muscle Dynamics who were once Maxicam) but the Newtech pieces look IDENTICAL to the Muscle D pieces. The Muscle D Rotary Pulldown and Newtech's Wide Pulldown in the vid look exactly the same. You can see most of Newtech's pieces on their Youtube channel (Newtech Wellness). https://muscledfitness.com/product-category/elite-leverage/page/2/

This is not a knock or criticism of their gym. Looks like it will be a fantastic place.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws