over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flex wheeler had his cold shower

Dom!nator

Registered
**broken link removed**

I saw that posted at another board. I've got a cousin that's a Sports Feature Editor for that paper - but not the author of that article.

xcel

that was a good article. i think it was well worded so that it doesnt trash usage. while it wasnt the only thing, it could" have been a factor of early onset of something he was bound to get in a few years.

Maybe

But quit fooling ourselves. Go get a checkup and find out for yourself instead of speculating. I know it is scary, but it needs to be done.

[RANT]
I'm gonna have to disagree with Big Byrd on this one. I don't understand how Emmons makes a living doin this. His grammar sucks. The article was poorly researched, organized and written. To top it all off, it was dry and unimaginitive. If it were about thing we were less passionate about, we'd laugh at it.

To top it all off, the negative portrayal of AAS usage was rather surreptitiously woven into the story.

Ugh. Crap.
[/RANT]

Regardless, Phil makes an excellent point. There's nothing wrong with goin to talk to a doc about your use. That's what they're there fore. Some may do a little browbeating, but in the end you're the one payin him, so let him know that. It's your body, he's just there to help guide you in your decisions, to counsel and advise. He can't force you to do anything, nor are you bound by his advice. Ultimately... you're responsible for your own health.

Hmmm

Tadger said:
[RANT]
I'm gonna have to disagree with Big Byrd on this one. I don't understand how Emmons makes a living doin this. His grammar sucks. The article was poorly researched, organized and written. To top it all off, it was dry and unimaginitive. If it were about thing we were less passionate about, we'd laugh at it.

To top it all off, the negative portrayal of AAS usage was rather surreptitiously woven into the story.

Ugh. Crap.
[/RANT]

Regardless, Phil makes an excellent point. There's nothing wrong with goin to talk to a doc about your use. That's what they're there fore. Some may do a little browbeating, but in the end you're the one payin him, so let him know that. It's your body, he's just there to help guide you in your decisions, to counsel and advise. He can't force you to do anything, nor are you bound by his advice. Ultimately... you're responsible for your own health.

100% agreed.:cool:

Kenny Wheeler

I grew up with FLex. We used to train together when we were teenagers. This guy is one of the toughest people around. Let me tell you a secret about him. The last two shows that he did as a pro, Flex was on DIALYSIS. Yes, he competed in his last two shows on DIALYSIS. That is a fighter.

Re: Kenny Wheeler

PHIL HERNON said:
The last two shows that he did as a pro, Flex was on DIALYSIS. Yes, he competed in his last two shows on DIALYSIS. That is a fighter.
:eek:

xcel

Meeting FLEX at a show was bad ass...but I hate how they had his booth in the very back of the EXPO..you could hardly see him. IVAN and I walked by him and IVAN said HOLY SHIT there is FLEX are we just going to walk by without saying hey. I looked down and said HOLY SHIT and there he was tucked under some clothes hanging in the back. He is a very humble man...and fighter.

I hope he recovers

GENETIC FREAK

MILOS told us that FLEX is the only man that he knows that can just grow...plain and simple he has the genetics to grow.

But where are the docs?

Phil says go see a doctor and I agree it is a good idea to be pro-active about your health. However, I was wondering if there is a list of doctors that are knowledgable about performance enhancing drugs and their use and side effects. Most doctors are clueless and by into the sterotypes. Then there are others who place moral values on your use.

The last thing you need is a doctor that lets his personal/emotional/judgmental opinons or lack of education interfere with your diagnosis.

So I was just wondering if there is a listing of doctors and even counselors (psychologist etc) that understand this topic and work with people on these issues. Is that something that would be placed on a sticky on a forum? It could be great advertising for a doctor somewhere because if they are good at what they do athletes from all over the country would possibly come to see them.

Re: WELL

PHIL HERNON said:
I THINK RONNIE COLEMAN AND DORIAN COULD JUST GROW ALSO. I REALLY DO NOT EVER REMEMBER FLEX COMPETING OVER 245.

Yeah, I always remember him coming in at 237 from what the mags stated. I think MILOS was saying that he was growing like a weed even though he was not on much of anything...I think 200mgs of test every 10 days to keep him going is what his book stated?? or I read that some where.

PROBLEM

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS NO EXPERT IN THIS ARENA. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THESE DOSAGES ARE DOING TO US. IT EFFECTS EVERYONE A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY PHYSIOLOGICALLY. NO DOCTOR WOULD EVER CONDONE THIS HIGH DOSAGE THAT WE HAVE USED. IF HE DID CONDONE IT, I WOULD PROBABLY GET ANOTHER DODCTOR, haahhahhahahahha

Phil I was thinking the same thing 200mg every 10 days??? What did he spend the 10grand on then. Thanks for telling it like it is someone who has been there and knows. Hopefully flex was smart enough to put some money away when he was making a six figure income and not wasting it on cars and houses etc.MM

200mg every ten was what he was using when he was clean, prescribed by a doc. He can´t even produce testosterone anymore.

From what I can see...

Well from what the trends are you will need it, or think you need it, regardless of "performance enhancer" usage after age 35 considering how millions are now using hormone therapy, specifically testosterones for anti-ageing.:eek:

Phil is right. We should all make sure we are healthy while messing with any of the compounds that we do. I don't think that Flex's kidney problems are a direct result of AAS use. It may be a contributing factor, but the fact that he is a is predisposed to this disease says a lot. Alonzo Mourning is another athlete with the same condition.

Last edited:
i think its all dosage related

if your able to grow on less than a total of 1g a week for 12-16 weeks at a time, then I really dont think the damage is all the great. However taking 2-5g like some of us here do, or at least say that they do. Will in fact have a negative effect somewhere down the road, (I dont care what anyone here says). Plus staying one all the time is not only counter productive its flat stupid! ( I cant wait to hear the feedback on that comment):D
The bottom line is that you cant stay one all the time forever. If flex in the condition he is in now were to walk down the boardwalk with his shirt off, the ladies would be foaming at the mouth. I get the same response from ladies at 200 as I do at 240! in fact when I was about 220 (lean and tan) I would get approached just as much (if not more) than I do at 230 or 240. at 195 (ripped and natural)I look better than 99.9% of anyone at the beach. The rest of you .1%ers can be #1. I'll get laid more, and have it easier at #2 LOL! I like the way I feel and look at around 220-225. We all have to find common ground with ourselves. Now people like PHIL, Big A, KIWI compete so that is another level, and you have to do what you have to win in that arena. If Kiwi, PHIL, Big A, were to say drop about 20 lbs, they would still be built like brick shit houses, so its all in what you want.

I'm done rambling

JB

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads