over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flex Wheeler's 20 Year Old Kidney Is Failing

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I imagine it’s well documented so excuse my ignorance. What originally caused his biological kidneys to fail? Genetic, diabetic, AAS abuse?

Cage

I went to college with a girl who got a transplant at 20 years old and she is still going strong with he first and now she is 38. It would be weird to know you may need 2-3 transplants to live the rest of your life. She is exceptionally healthy otherwise though.

I went to college with a girl who got a transplant at 20 years old and she is still going strong with he first and now she is 38. It would be weird to know you may need 2-3 transplants to live the rest of your life. She is exceptionally healthy otherwise though.
When you got to the average life expectancy for a transplanted kidney, you’d be constantly worrying how long it had left.

You never know what kind of kidney you will get in a transplant. 20 years seems pretty good especially considering the lifestyle he led afterward.

When you got to the average life expectancy for a transplanted kidney, you’d be constantly worrying how long it had left.
100%. The girl I was referencing just had a good and she recently posted "Happy 20th anniversary to my kidney!" (looks like i was off on the dates she got it when she was 19 and is 39). She seems to be doing well but she is a very petite girl (she was a gymnast and her blood pressure was 210/140 during a physical which is what lead to them discovering her kidney issue) and she is extraordinary healthy and "clean living".

but yeah...can you imagine the stress?

I imagine it’s well documented so excuse my ignorance. What originally caused his biological kidneys to fail? Genetic, diabetic, AAS abuse?

Cage
fsgs

I got diagnosed with c3g disease (autoimmune kidney disease - sadly I had it regardless of AAS use) doctors said I’d be on dialysis by now but managed to get my kidney function from stage 4 to perfect … just no more than TRT for me and keeping my protein intake under 150g a day seems to keep my kidneys happy. Couldn’t imagine doing it to myself and developing secondary FSGS from AAS abuse. Would feel guilty taking someone’s kidney if it were self inflicted

I got diagnosed with c3g disease (autoimmune kidney disease - sadly I had it regardless of AAS use) doctors said I’d be on dialysis by now but managed to get my kidney function from stage 4 to perfect … just no more than TRT for me and keeping my protein intake under 150g a day seems to keep my kidneys happy. Couldn’t imagine doing it to myself and developing secondary FSGS from AAS abuse. Would feel guilty taking someone’s kidney if it were self inflicted

Flex has always said that his FSGS was congenital. I'm sure AAS sped things.

Yes Flex has FSGS and when you have FSGS the average kidney transplant will last 7 years. He also stated that they will only give you two total because of this.

Flex has always said that his FSGS was congenital. I'm sure AAS sped things.
Primary FSGS is more common in the African American community - just atypical. Although bumstead has IgA nephropathy and I have c3g gotta wonder if these would’ve presented without the AAS in the equation. Even if it was present regardless - ya know?

He stopped by my gym with Dennis James a year or so back and could not believe what he looked like. Prayers for Flex. A true legend!

Guy has been through hell over the years. Wishing him the best. Can’t seem to catch a break.

Primary FSGS is more common in the African American community - just atypical. Although bumstead has IgA nephropathy and I have c3g gotta wonder if these would’ve presented without the AAS in the equation. Even if it was present regardless - ya know?
o/t CVD is also more prevalent in african Americans , Caucasians cancer... Mexicans diabetes
blood types also render us more susceptible to certain ailments (statistically speaking)

when i worked in phlebotomy in a community clinic we would get black dudes once in a while for melanoma treatment, nobody is exempt anymore, ozone layer issues, and many people from our folk's generation used to go out in the sun with baby oil thus magnifying UV damage.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear