over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Floor presses ?

BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER BRING YOUR ELBOWS BEHIND YOUR SHOULDER TOWARDS YOUR BACK. THIS OCCOURS WHEN YO UBRING THE BAR " ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE CHEST" ON A BENCH PRESS. THE PEC MAJOR IS NOT THE FOCUS AT THAT POINT, THE SHOULDER CUFF IS. IT IS INJURIOUS TO GO ANY LOWER THAN 1/2 WAY DOWN ON A TRADITIONAL BENCH PRESS. TRY IT AND TELL ME HOW MUCH MORE YOU FEEL THE CHEST IN THE MOVEMENT.

Absolutely right.
I know that as soon as I start going down toward my chest I start building more mass in my front delts and not so much in my chest. It starts to look funky and makes my chest look small. ANyone every seen a smythe that doesnt have the safetys at the bottom?

These work great as stated. Incidentally, because just getting heavier dumbells up when you are on the ground most of the time I used to have a spotter lift them to me. Now I put 3 benches together to form 1 wide bench that stopps the range of motion just like laying on the floor and do them that way with my feet up. This way I dont need someone to hand them to me.

These work great as stated. Incidentally, because just getting heavier dumbells up when you are on the ground most of the time I used to have a spotter lift them to me. Now I put 3 benches together to form 1 wide bench that stopps the range of motion just like laying on the floor and do them that way with my feet up. This way I dont need someone to hand them to me.

This is a great idea.
I just tried these yesterday for the first time after reading this thread, and even with lighter DB's it was becoming a bitch to get them into the initial position before leaning back.

BTW, liked them alot, but the only thing I found myself wondering about was whether to just basically go until you touch the ground and go right back into the concentric pressing motion, or to actually do somewhat of a rest-pause when your tri hits the ground??

Any suggestions??

This is a great idea.
I just tried these yesterday for the first time after reading this thread, and even with lighter DB's it was becoming a bitch to get them into the initial position before leaning back.

BTW, liked them alot, but the only thing I found myself wondering about was whether to just basically go until you touch the ground and go right back into the concentric pressing motion, or to actually do somewhat of a rest-pause when your tri hits the ground??

Any suggestions??

Do not rest, but you can come all the way down until they touch, just do not pause. Well, I don't pause.

Sounds good. I don't know if I worded that correctly, but you got the idea.
And that was what I was doing yesterday, just letting them barely touch and then starting to press again.

I actually started out with touching and pausing for just a second, but it takes the emphasis off of the chest muscles that way.
I am assuming you could still perform it this way to help with strength gains relating to your flat bench numbers, especially if this was a sticking point for someone, but I am looking more for size, so keeping the focus on making those muscle fibers scream seemed to work better for me.
And after the first couple sets or so, it started to feel better and better. Its weird how we get so stuck in how a "normal" movement feels (aka using full ROM) that when we change it up it feels completely unsteady and new....lol.

I'm going to try these today. My shoulders feel so good from not benching I am happy to try anything to not get that feeling again.

Pekkerwood

I've never done these. I've always driven through with the legs(PL style)--what are the legs doing here-bent, straight or indian style? I checked youtube and it seems everyone is using different leg positions and lifting there ass when it gets tough on the last few which looks bad. What is the best position?

i think they are great for both powerlifters and bodybuilders. westside barbell relies heavily on this movement for mid range strength. if you get stuck 4 to 6 inches up then this movement is for you. also look at johnnie jacksons chest he always does floor presses after flat bench. he has an awesome chest and he's strong as hell to match.

you can turn is this into a fly movement also, works very good.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear