over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FLORIDA LAWS

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
i was just watching a show on spike called real vice cops...anyway one of the guys they busted had $400 dollars worth of painkillers(lortab) and they said that in Florida that is a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years. that is crazy, 25 years is a long time for any crime

the united states is a police state...i really want to move to canada or mexico

i disagree, i think the U.S. is the greatest country in the world. however, there are certain cases where the punishment does not fit the crime. no person should have to do minimum 25 years for a few pain killers when it is their first offense. nothing about this will rehabilitates this person.

I doubt that he'll get 25 years for possession (or any time at all). If he gets time, it'll be for dealing, if they can make the charge stick.

Now, in New York, they have the Rockefeller Law. That's really a bummer and it does have a mandatory minimum of 15 years (last I heard) for possession with intent to sell, but it's gotta be over a certain amount, and it's a lot. (WAY more than a rec user would have for personal use).

Where I live, it's different. Dealing is a big-deal punishment and gets a person time, 3-5 usually. But possession of ANYTHING for personal use is just a ticketable offense. Reasonable, I think.

i was just watching a show on spike called real vice cops...anyway one of the guys they busted had $400 dollars worth of painkillers(lortab) and they said that in Florida that is a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years. that is crazy, 25 years is a long time for any crime

Hell, you get less time for trying to bring a loaded hand gun on a plane these days!

Do you think selling drugs in those countries is acceptable? Hate to break it to you but it's not.

25 yrs is the max that one can get for trafficking a sched 1 narcotic. Being a first time offender, he prob won't get it. My buddy got popped with 100 Lortabs and is on 8yrs felony papers.

scrapper, not too sure how familiar you are with the pain pill epidemic sweeping our country. These are nothing to F with. I'm not proud of this, but after I was shot, I was selling my Oxy's bc I couldn't work. I had people driving 2 hours to buy them and using their kids food money. It's an ugly thing what people do for drugs. This kid doesn't need 25 yrs, but he definitely needs something

I agree about intending to sell. If you do the crime, you do the time. However, what really is a shame is this, California prisons are overpopulated, alot are in their for simple pocession. They don't have no criminal backround, yet we put them in with rapists and murderers. No wonder are crime is rising, now we have guys they go in for drug pocession and come out harden criminals. Wouldn't it be better to put them in a program or probation and monitor them? No wonder are society is dwindling.

I agree about intending to sell. If you do the crime, you do the time. However, what really is a shame is this, California prisons are overpopulated, alot are in their for simple pocession. They don't have no criminal backround, yet we put them in with rapists and murderers. No wonder are crime is rising, now we have guys they go in for drug pocession and come out harden criminals. Wouldn't it be better to put them in a program or probation and monitor them? No wonder are society is dwindling.

Agree. Many people will disagree with me on this, but we need to legalize marijuana. I'm sorry, but people who are high don't: fight cops, speed down the road, go around looking for fights, ie do anything other drugs or even alcohol abuse will have you do. Here's what smoking pot did for me, got me tight eyed, hungry, relaxed. I wasn't worrying about driving fast or looking for trouble, I just wanted to relax. But like Pesty said, people are sitting in jail for posession of pot, and violating probation.

Do you think selling drugs in those countries is acceptable? Hate to break it to you but it's not.

25 yrs is the max that one can get for trafficking a sched 1 narcotic. Being a first time offender, he prob won't get it. My buddy got popped with 100 Lortabs and is on 8yrs felony papers.

scrapper, not too sure how familiar you are with the pain pill epidemic sweeping our country. These are nothing to F with. I'm not proud of this, but after I was shot, I was selling my Oxy's bc I couldn't work. I had people driving 2 hours to buy them and using their kids food money. It's an ugly thing what people do for drugs. This kid doesn't need 25 yrs, but he definitely needs something

rich i am somewhat familiar with the situation, i have a few friends who have battled addiction. i agree that they are poison and something needs to be done, but i just dont think a 25 year sentence solves anything. all it does is cost the taxpayers money and creates a criminal who will come out and repeat because he knows nothing other than prison. the real key to solving this problem is cracking down on the doctors who over prescribe these drugs.

nothing was said about him selling anything. he was just in possession. If i have back pain and i want to order my own pain pills or find other methods to get them instead of the bullshit medical system then i should be able to

I imagine it is a 25 year min sentence and the judge is able to wave up to 24 years and 6 months or something similar to that. Then again I've imagined wrong before.

Check out this infographic:
**broken link removed**

The US has the worlds highest incarceration rate with more than 1 in every 100 American adults incarcerated. We have 25% of the worlds incarcerated population, while only having 5% of the worlds population. China with 4 times the population of the US has only 14% of the worlds incarcerated population.

Sickening.

the infographic also shows racial breakdown, state breakdown, cost of housing, and other interesting facts.

I imagine it is a 25 year min sentence and the judge is able to wave up to 24 years and 6 months or something similar to that. Then again I've imagined wrong before.

**broken link removed**

The US has the worlds highest incarceration rate with more than 1 in every 100 American adults incarcerated. We have 25% of the worlds incarcerated population, while only having 5% of the worlds population. China with 4 times the population of the US has only 14% of the worlds incarcerated population.

Sickening.

the infographic also shows racial breakdown, state breakdown, cost of housing, and other interesting facts.

Yeah thats really sad

Fla Law 4-14grms oxycodone 36month min/man

14-28grms 15yr min/man
over 28grms 25yr min/man

Non-violent crimes should have lower sentences than crimes that involve any violence.

The U.S. has a legal system, not a justice system.

If you were to take all of the people out of prisons in the U.S. that were in for addictions problems, there would certainly be no problems with over crowding any longer!

Fla Law 4-14grms oxycodone 36month min/man

14-28grms 15yr min/man
over 28grms 25yr min/man

the guy on the show had about 50 pills, which i guess put him in the over 28grm category....for a system that prides itself on valuing and protecting life, 25 years in jail for pills is an awful waste of life.

i just got out o prison in fl.2yrs.ago and knew a shitload of guys in for oxy possesion charges doing from 10 and up for personal possesion usually one or two doses worth

prisons are a biz they want you to get locked up and come back on parole/probation violations thats why they put you on probation for many years even for small shit because one little thing happens and they lock you back up id rather do a full bid than be on probation for 10+ years and worry about everything

z

Lortab is schedule 3 not 1. Also, Lortabs are dosed 5mg-10mg so say 7.5mg X 50 = 375mg so were not even talking grams here.

25yrs for 50!? That can't be right Scrapper, maybe you misheard? Or Spike is mistaken...

Richiec I agree with you 100% weed should be legal for all the reasons you listed and more..

Whoever mentioned Oxicodone being an epidemic hit the nail on the head. It's a national epidemic, especially in South Florida where I lived for 5 years. It was easier to find Oxys, Roxies than it was to find weed. Some dealers posted up at gas stations to sell OC's. They're extremely addictive, take it from me. I got caught up with these things for years. I'm proud to say Im past that and anyone I hear thinking about dabbling with them is going to get a stern talk from me.

**broken link removed**

Sickening.

Data are from 2007/2008. The numbers are probably higher now. :(

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic