over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

^ Didn't Royce Gracie beat everybody on UFC1?

It's not about size. It really isn't.

Next fight: 250lb untrained monster vs 150lb professional fighter

lol would never happen but would be funny/entertaining to watch as there is constantly an argument about size vs skill.

As someone who used to wrestle at 130-150lb, I would fairly easily beat my 180-200+lb friends who didn't wrestle. But they would still beat me in a real fight at that time I'm sure. As important as skill is, there are certainly things you just can't do when someone is that much bigger and stronger. Mike Tyson isn't going to win against a silverback gorilla lol.

Kai Greene vs Ronda Rousey :D

^ Didn't Royce Gracie beat everybody on UFC1?

It's not about size. It really isn't.

It's not JUST about size but size is a huge factor. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have weight classes.

You need to look at the link I posted on here of the score cards. It is an actual picture of the score cards. They only had Mcgregor winning 2 or 3 rounds by the 10th round. Round 1 and 2, one guy gave him the 3rd. That's it.

Even if he had got knocked down at the very end of round one and got up, do you really think he could come back and win the fight?!!

exactly. the fight wasnt even close as people were making it. outside the uppercut connor landed in the 1st, everything else was half ass jabs. i know floyd was trying to feel him out, but the fight felt kinda staged. didnt feel tgw fight was all that exciting, way to much holding and grabbing.

It's not JUST about size but size is a huge factor. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have weight classes.

They do because skills are equivalent.

Back when no one knew what BJJ was Royce would beat people twice his size all day long.

If any thought they watched a real fight and not a payday for two athletes you're kidding yourself. Both could have done a photoshoot for GQ afterwards.

They do because skills are equivalent.

Back when no one knew what BJJ was Royce would beat people twice his size all day long.

What is your experience with combat sports?

Sure, if someone has no skill at all in a particular fighting style then when fighting in that specific style the more experienced one will typically win.

But if we're talking all out fighting? Size is a huge factor. Do you really think a well trained 110lb girl could beat a 300lb strongman in a street fight? Maybe once in a while but almost never. There's a reason bodyguards are almost universally large men.

My brother and I used to be very equivalent wrestlers. I gained 40lb and completely crushed him, in a real fight it would have been even more uneven.

There are several videos out there of trained fighters against large individuals, unable to pull of any of the moves they would expect to work because they're not used to dealing with so much strength and weight.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig"]Conor McGregor vs The Mountain (Game of Thrones) - YouTube[/ame]

Just an entertaining watch here. Gregor Clegane is toying with him. Not saying this is representative of specifically what I'm talking about, but if you think this would clearly go to the trained fighter (Conor) you're out of your mind lol.

What is your experience with combat sports?

2 years wing-tsun, 4 or 5 years BJJ.

On a real environment, a smaller and quicker fighter will rapidly go for balls, eyes, neck, etc... The human body, even a large one, is very fragile.

First year of BJJ you get tapped by teens and girls for hours straight, until you just wanna leave and never come back.

If any thought they watched a real fight and not a payday for two athletes you're kidding yourself. Both could have done a photoshoot for GQ afterwards.

completely agreed... imo ,basically a high level sparring match is what i saw.... i didn't feel like i was watching "the fight of the century" for hundreds of mills thats for sure, with a friendly pat on the back and all smiles at the end :naughty:

2 years wing-tsun, 4 or 5 years BJJ.

On a real environment, a smaller and quicker fighter will rapidly go for balls, eyes, neck, etc... The human body, even a large one, is very fragile.

First year of BJJ you get tapped by teens and girls for hours straight, until you just wanna leave and never come back.

That is true, but that's why I made the caveat of a specific fighting style. Absolutely in BJJ smaller experienced fighters will wreck you if you don't know what you're doing. But that is not an all out fight.

All those times I would wrestle guys 50+lb heavier than me...I would make them look dumb and put them in positions they couldn't do anything in...BUT if it were a real fight they could have just started punching away at my face. Same with BJJ at times.

You are right in a true fight yes eyes, balls, etc are fair game but lets say MMA for example. If you think someone like Ronda is going to stand a change against Gregor Clegane I don't know what to tell you lol.

This argument has no standing and is just a fucking talking point for tv ratings. All you need to know is that it was a sanctioned match. 50-0 is legit. Can't hate on Mayweather for that.

I don't know what to think, I am undecided on that. I can see the argument for both sides.

Bob sapp vs mirko crocop I think it was from years ago, not that mirko is small but he looked tiny against sapp who was an absolute beast but mirko left him crying one of the best examples of size over speed.

Although similar skill levels the heavier fighter usually wins that is why there are weight classes

Speed is a Great advantage in a fight Right up to the point of getting hit by a Shot you cant take!!!!

Prime Royce vs Prime Tyson. Street fight.

Make your bets.

Haha i am a very big fan of both.

I am pretty sure the Gracies offered Mike $1m to fight Royce around the mid 90s which was obviously alot of money for them to get together but equally nothing to Tyson at the time lol.

But a young Tyson (85-89ish) fighting bare knuckle doesnt bear thinking about :eek:

A world class grappler vs a world class heavyweight boxer...

Hmmmmm...

Grappler will quickly close distance close to the ground. Goes straight to legs/feet. Boxer doesn't know what to do, has no takedown defense and goes straight to the ground. That alone could do serious damage if it's a hard surface like a street.

Boxer passes out or gets a broken limb in about 2 minutes.

Could it play different? Of course. Do I think it would? No, I don't...

Could the boxer find that one shot and knock the grappler out? Sure, but not likely.

A world class grappler vs a world class heavyweight boxer...

Hmmmmm...

Grappler will quickly close distance close to the ground. Goes straight to legs/feet. Boxer doesn't know what to do, has no takedown defense and goes straight to the ground. That alone could do serious damage if it's a hard surface like a street.

Boxer passes out or gets a broken limb in about 2 minutes.

Could it play different? Of course. Do I think it would? No, I don't...

Could the boxer find that one shot and knock the grappler out? Sure, but not likely.

lol i know this is just for fun...

But imo you could not favour any person in history vs mid 80s Tyson regardless of the rules.

The combination of speed, accuracy and power have not been seen before or since anywhere.

It is easy to forget just what a monster Tyson really was in his prime (I'm not saying you are).

Tyson lands one shot anywhere on Royce and it is over immediately.

lol i know this is just for fun...

But imo you could not favour any person in history vs mid 80s Tyson regardless of the rules.

The combination of speed, accuracy and power have not been seen before or since anywhere.

It is easy to forget just what a monster Tyson really was in his prime (I'm not saying you are).

Tyson lands one shot anywhere on Royce and it is over immediately.

I'd say Tyson in his prime vs Ali in his prime....the fight could go either way. I would be willing to bet Mike would agree with this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity