over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Boxing is often referred to wrongly as fighting. It's not fighting, it's a sport mixed with an element of fighting. It's an art form. If this Maywehather Mcgregor match did not teach you that, nothing will. In a brawl, bar room fight, street fight, McGregor takes out Mayweather in under a minute. But this is not fighting, again, it's a sport.

Mayweather was smarter and patient and about as skilled a defensive boxer there has been in history. That is why he won.

Last edited:
lol i know this is just for fun...

But imo you could not favour any person in history vs mid 80s Tyson regardless of the rules.

The combination of speed, accuracy and power have not been seen before or since anywhere.

It is easy to forget just what a monster Tyson really was in his prime (I'm not saying you are).

Tyson lands one shot anywhere on Royce and it is over immediately.

Yes, Tyson was all of that. Inside a controlled environment with rules. You never saw he reacting to someone coming at him from his back or from the floor.

Street fighting Tyson seemed to workout well for Mitch Green ~ LOL!

hqdefault.jpg

Boxing is often referred to wrongly as fighting. It's not fighting, it's a sport mixed with an element of fighting. It's an art form. If this Maywehather Mcgregor match did not teach you that, nothing will. In a brawl, bar room fight, street fight, McGregor takes out Mayweather in under a minute. But this is not fighting, again, it's a sport.

Mayweather was smarter and patient and about as skilled a defensive boxer there has been in history. That is why he won.

MMA isn't fighting either.

In a bar fight, Mayweather could grab a chair and swing it onto McGregor's head sending him to the hospital.

These are all sports we're talking about. A fight is a different thing. Although one can say that on a 1 x 1 real fight, the person that can grapple has an advantage, as most real fights end up in some sort of grappling situation, or ground/floor.

I think most are not looking at this from the proper perspective.

McGregor lasted 10 rounds at the highest level, with arguably the best boxer of the modern era.

How long do you think Mayweather could last with McGregor in an MMA match?

[drops mic...walks away] :D

MMA isn't fighting either.

In a bar fight, Mayweather could grab a chair and swing it onto McGregor's head sending him to the hospital.

These are all sports we're talking about. A fight is a different thing. Although one can say that on a 1 x 1 real fight, the person that can grapple has an advantage, as most real fights end up in some sort of grappling situation, or ground/floor.

Agreed, I guess I should say Mayweather in an MMA match with Mcgregor. He'd have no chance. But I think Mayweather is a top three boxer of our time. He never turned away a tough fight and came out 50-0. He's a legend in his sport. He's not a great puncher, not the fastest, not the the hardest puncher, but he eludes punches better than any fighter and he waits and picks his moments in a fight. Boxers who have went 5-12 rounds with him all describe the same thing, "you just can't hit the fucker, he's slippery." and that buys him all the time he needs.

McGregor lasted 10 rounds at the highest level, with arguably the best boxer of the modern era.

Mayweather would last as much time as they agreed on at the meeting where they fixed the fight.

A world class grappler vs a world class heavyweight boxer...

Hmmmmm...

Grappler will quickly close distance close to the ground. Goes straight to legs/feet. Boxer doesn't know what to do, has no takedown defense and goes straight to the ground. That alone could do serious damage if it's a hard surface like a street.

Boxer passes out or gets a broken limb in about 2 minutes.

Could it play different? Of course. Do I think it would? No, I don't...

Could the boxer find that one shot and knock the grappler out? Sure, but not likely.

Or mama guy goes fo takedown and gets hit in kidneys or back and fights over. Any punch from a heavyweight without gloves will probably end it. I would say it could end either way. Also if the mama guy slips he could get stomped. Just because a guy is a boxer doesn't mean he won't stomp you or kick you when you are down in a street fight. That is the thrill of fighting though. If you always knew who would win it wouldn't be fun.

30 seconds

Mayweather did not take Mcgregor remotely seriously.

That is why it went 10.

A 40 year old long retired boxer with arthritis in his hands which meant he didnt even spar for this fight utterly dismantled a "huge punching" prime of his life current UFC champion.

Yes, Tyson was all of that. Inside a controlled environment with rules. You never saw he reacting to someone coming at him from his back or from the floor.

it is insanity to go to the ground in a street fight if it can be at all avoided.

Tyson was rough as fuck lol in this imaginary scenario he would take Gracie's head off within seconds of an argument or whatever occuring.

And again, I rate Royce very highly. I watched all the early UFC's during the mid 90s.

IMO street fights almost always occur from close quarters arguments. If you have some temperament, power and any accuracy at all it is easy to drop someone.

We are also talking Mike Tyson here, genuinely imo the fastest, most accurate, powerful and aggressive puncher in history.

lol i do like these tyson vs gracie in a nightclub carpark etc scenarios, they are funny.

One of my many fight stories:
Yrs ago we hung out at Busse Woods. Great place to drink beer and enjoy a summer day. Thousands of people of all types. Well we were there a group of 10 or so, my little brother his friends a few of mine and my future wife.
My 2 Buds who could brawl very well were in a augment with A big boy who also had a large group with him. As I happened up I flung my Cig directly into his open EYE. Guys screamin like a Girl and argument over.
Hrs later as were clearing out, my buds are gone and I'm saying bye to my Women, I look over and my brother is flagging me down. I come runnin up only to find the large Boy is there in full capacity of his Buds. Being seriously out gunned and numbered I recall my Father tellin me always Knock out the biggest guy 1st which without saying A word I walked up and layed him out.
Little did I know his buddy was the tougher guy. He came at me and I threw him to the side, picked up a beer bottle and Gunned it directly off his forehead. Instant 3" welt but he came rite back at me in a tackle and brought me to the ground. As we grappled I could not get a hold of this guy, he had on A bottle of baby oil anticipating the fight. I got ahold of his hair, pulled his head back and proceeded to Punch his face IN! As I lay there punching him I look Up, A Cop on Horseback lookin down at us and as I continue I state, This guy wont get Off Me! We get to are feet and this guy is ripped apart and his face a bloody mess. Between the babyoil and my nails trying to grab him he got Torn apart. This guy ended up being A state wrestling champion but no chance in a All Out Brawl!
Thought I would share...lol

Yrs ago we hung out at Busse Woods. Great place to drink beer and enjoy a summer day. Thousands of people of all types. Well we were there a group of 10 or so, my little brother his friends a few of mine and my future wife.
My 2 Buds who could brawl very well were in a augment with A big boy who also had a large group with him. As I happened up I flung my Cig directly into his open EYE. Guys screamin like a Girl and argument over.
Hrs later as were clearing out, my buds are gone and I'm saying bye to my Women, I look over and my brother is flagging me down. I come runnin up only to find the large Boy is there in full capacity of his Buds. Being seriously out gunned and numbered I recall my Father tellin me always Knock out the biggest guy 1st which without saying A word I walked up and layed him out.
Little did I know his buddy was the tougher guy. He came at me and I threw him to the side, picked up a beer bottle and Gunned it directly off his forehead. Instant 3" welt but he came rite back at me in a tackle and brought me to the ground. As we grappled I could not get a hold of this guy, he had on A bottle of baby oil anticipating the fight. I got ahold of his hair, pulled his head back and proceeded to Punch his face IN! As I lay there punching him I look Up, A Cop on Horseback lookin down at us and as I continue I state, This guy wont get Off Me! We get to are feet and this guy is ripped apart and his face a bloody mess. Between the babyoil and my nails trying to grab him he got Torn apart. This guy ended up being A state wrestling champion but no chance in a All Out Brawl!

Well, you come across guys who have the resume in training and comps, but never were tested in the real situations and their shit goes out the window when it is on. But you grab a guy who grew up with violent people ( area, brothers), or has a brawling nature and moved into training....you would stand a much slimmer chance getting him...or maybe he was state Junior Champ?

Mayweather did not take Mcgregor remotely seriously.

That is why it went 10.

A 40 year old long retired boxer with arthritis in his hands which meant he didnt even spar for this fight utterly dismantled a "huge punching" prime of his life current UFC champion.

Isn't that just nuts? lol

Wrestlers, particularly college wrestlers, can be insane. One of my buddies was 140lb, state level, and would not back down from a fight...and constantly initiated them. Got his ass handed to him plenty of times when it was a group at a bar.

My hands and smile are my career so fighting in any capacity is long gone for me.

I'd say Tyson in his prime vs Ali in his prime....the fight could go either way. I would be willing to bet Mike would agree with this.

Mike has said Ali was the greatest and would beat him in TV interviews

Mike has said Ali was the greatest and would beat him in TV interviews

Yes, I have heard him say that. But you have to remember that when Mike said it..Ali was nearing the end of his life, and was suffering a lot from Parkinson's. Mike most likely didn't want to come off as being even remotely disrespectful to a man he idolized and respected at the he highest level.

Yes, I have heard him say that. But you have to remember that when Mike said it..Ali was nearing the end of his life, and was suffering a lot from Parkinson's. Mike most likely didn't want to come off as being even remotely disrespectful to a man he idolized and respected at the he highest level.

Ali struggled hugely with Frazier, a smaller, quick and hard punching opponent
similar in many ways to Tyson. And overall I thnk Tyson was better than Frazier.

Prime Foreman against prime Tyson would have probably been Tyson's hardest fight and most likely loss imo. Bigger man and very hard punching, and a similar aura of menace/invincibility.

Ali struggled hugely with Frazier, a smaller, quick and hard punching opponent
similar in many ways to Tyson. And overall I thnk Tyson was better than Frazier.

Prime Foreman against prime Tyson would have probably been Tyson's hardest fight and most likely loss imo. Bigger man and very hard punching, and a similar aura of menace/invincibility.

Those two examples are why I say the fight between Ali vs Tyson could go either way. Let's not forget Ali beat Foreman by wearing him out with the "rope a dope", then knocked him out. Let's also not forget Ali won 2 out of his 3 fights with Frazier.

Those two examples are why I say the fight between Ali vs Tyson could go either way. Let's not forget Ali beat Foreman by wearing him out with the "rope a dope", then knocked him out. Let's also not forget Ali won 2 out of his 3 fights with Frazier.

Sure, who knows anyway, impossible to say really.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws