• Rarely

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Never

Votes: 48 60.0%

• Total voters

Denali

Registered
Hey all,

It's that time of year again...Flu shots are being pushed for the upcoming flu season.

Who here gets flu shots? What has your experience been?

I am one who rarely gets the flu shot...I've generally been pretty healthy. However, I have experienced getting the flu even after getting the flu shot (they say it wasn't one of the targeted strains).

The flu can lead to a significant setback in training...I'm curious how many get flu shots. Does it matter if you are on cycle or not? Or certain cycles?

I get it whenever I can. I usually regret it when I don't. I rarely get sick or catch colds. When I do get sick which is like once every two years, it's usually a doozy.

waste of time. they rarely get the flu strain that's most relevant into the vacine. huge moneymaker for the pharm companies. they push fear of a pandemic and it never materializes like the swine flu of 2 years ago. get your vitamin d level at the top of the range (25-75) and you don't get sick.

If they guaranteed even an 80% chance of not getting flu I would and so would my kids. It's bunk science as they guess the upcoming strain and are incorrect many if not most times. Go figure- me not my girls have never gotten shot and we never had flu. We rely on our natty immunity to protect. I know people who get the shot and get the flu- not to mention flu like symptoms post immunization.

No- i never seem to catch colds or anything anyway- i put it down to the 8-10 servings of fruit a day that i eat. i had a cold about 3-4 years ago but wernt bad and lasted a couple of days.

I ALWAYS get one. The year they were in short supply, I had one sent from Canada. However, NEVER tell your employer you got one. That way, you can take a week off sometime in the spring and enjoy life. I want to use my sick leave for fun, not sickness...

I do not get them.

Unless you are very young, very old, a healthcare worker or otherwise inmmunocompromised you really do not need one.

Have not had as much as a cold since daily HGH. And it has been 6 years. Coincidence?

Have not had as much as a cold since daily HGH. And it has been 6 years. Coincidence?

I've been wondering about this. I started using peptides (ghrp/mod) a few months ago. For the last 5 years at least, like clockwork, I've had a cold/flu every early winter, early spring, and late summer. I missed my late summer sickness this year and I've been around a lot of sick people. It might be coincidence, but it's so unusual for me that I've been wondering if it is the peptides.

I'm eager to see if I can skip my next couple of scheduled sicknesses as well.

I don't take the flu shot I have only once in my life and had the flu once and it sucked.

My work requires it so i do every year. Only had the flu once and it sucked. I did not get out of the recliner for over a week. And i got the flu when i did not get a flu shot.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

First, I have asthma so when I get sick it can get bad quickly.
The one year I didn't get it I got the flu. It turned into brochittus, and then into pneumonia. Had walking pnemonia for a little over 30 days, and lost about 22lbs of mucscle mass. About to go get one next week.

funny, started 3 days ago, got a cold three days ago
-c

I choose not to get the flu shot, every time I get one, I get sick as a dog!!!

Last edited:
Ive never had a shot in my life, well... never had a vaccination shot in my life ;)

Ive never had a shot in my life, well... never had a vaccination shot in my life ;)

No way bra you have to have had vaccinations at some point in your life.

Ive always got it but then again Ive always had to get it been in the army most my life so its a given. I do still get sick still though I do think it is hyped BS

I'm exposed to sick people all the time, so I get it yearly. It's covered by my job...

absolutely not. since i became health conscious several years ago i have not been sick. i used to get bronchitis every year without fail. it hasn't happened since i started taking vitamins. i can be around sick people without getting sick.

i refuse all shots and vaccinations and let my body do the job it was intended to do.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear