over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flu??

bhumik

Registered
How long do you guys take to get over a flu. Its the 6th day today and there is no signs of getting better. I feel weak to even carry my own body weight around. Any remedies. MY dad who is a doctor told me to take roxithromycin. I dont know why doctors gave me antibiotic for a flu but i am taking it in hopes it would get better. Sheesh I hope it gets better cause i feel like total shit.
Ne remedies you guys have?

How long do you guys take to get over a flu. Its the 6th day today and there is no signs of getting better. I feel weak to even carry my own body weight around. Any remedies. MY dad who is a doctor told me to take roxithromycin. I dont know why doctors gave me antibiotic for a flu but i am taking it in hopes it would get better. Sheesh I hope it gets better cause i feel like total shit.
Ne remedies you guys have?

usually around 2 weeks! and that depends on how you go about it. Some flu like symptoms can hang in there for three to our weeks!

It started off as a sore throat, then like weakness and then the kind of headache where you have to sit and squeeze your head for a few seconds till your brain feels right.

Last edited:
its day 16 since i have been sick. All the things are gone except i have a constant headache that gets worst when i jerk my head while walking or when i bend down and such.
my neck is a bit sore too and i cant touch my chin to my chest comfortably. Could this be meningitis or am i just worrying too much.

depends on the individuals immune systems and the effect it had on you.

say you had the effects of being sick and not holding down your food, you'd take longer to recover than someone that was able to eat through their illness as they would be able to get nutrients their body needed to help fight the illness.

When i had flu in Jan I was out of action for 3 weeks. couldnt get out of bed for about a week of it, 2nd week i could sit on sofa and started to eat properly again, 3rd week back at work i was like a zombie just trying to get over it

cool man that makes me feel a bit better. ALthough i didnt throw up or nething, i am scared as to why my immunity is so down cause most people get over flu within 2 weeks.
When did you start working out again?? I am 80% better , would it be allright to go to gym again. thats the hardest part staying away from the gym.

in total i had 5 weeks out of training. so 2 weeks after i really got over it. i just needed to eat to get my strength up. remember if you're using AAS some of them affect your immune system aswell and there's all manner of factors that can kick in. Age being another one. I'm 24 years old but my mrs little brother who got it (16 years old and does soccer 5 x per week) was back at school and running around after 1 week so its a tough one to call but i wouldnt worry to the point of stressing yourself this early

Hope you feel better soon...

I had blue flu yesterday. Pretty much got over it once I called the office and told them I couldn't make it in. ;)

Listen to your body... it's telling you that it needs more time to heal. Take it easy and you'll know when your ready to train again. take care of yourself

Last edited:
I just had the flu hard-core for about 3 days, after that it tapered off a bit but i was VERY lethargic and had a horrible nighttime cough that disrupted the all-important recovery sleep, so i tried to nap as much as possible during the day.
It's now 2 weeks from the onset of my symptoms and i'm still battling sinus drainage and that weak feeling. My only workout during this time has been 30 minutes of low-intensity cardio which just left me feeling weaker than when i started, so I succumbed to the sickness and haven't worked out during this time and it's been driving me nuts.
Tonight i'm hitting some low-intensity cardio and delts, but not pushing hard because I do not want to relapse!

Best advice is to stay out of the gym, sleep as much as you can, take lots of echinacea & zinc and drink a lot of water and some OJ!
Oh and massages! they help to work the toxins out of the sytem. I had 2 within 3 days last week and I really think it helped to get the bug out!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner