over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fluid Intake Questions..

DicedSix

Registered
I dont think I am adequately hydrating myself. On a normal day I would say I drink 1.0 liter of pure water (during workout). In addition to that, I will drink another 1.5 liters of crystal light or water with sugarfree flavoring (mio).

I'll also have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and 4-5 cans of diet soda during the day.

Diet is great, cardio and weights always consistent but I feel I am slacking in fluid intake.

Any thoughts?

I'm by no means an expert, but I can tell you that personally when I cut out my admittedly excessive intake of diet coke cold turkey, and started making sure I consistently took in over a gallon of water daily I really noticed a difference in overall well-being, performance, and appearance. The hard part is the first few days without the diet coke. That shit is more addictive than morphine...

I need to cut out the diet soda but I'm having a tough time letting go.

My goal is to switch to diet iced tea and water.

Yeah...looks grossly under-hydrated. I drink over 2 liters of fluid during my workout alone. I'd feel like hell if I was drinking that little.

You need to kill the soda and drink water. Don't try, just stop buying the crap.

either swap your soda for water or comp the soda you drink with about 1.5x amount in water to make up for the caffeine in the diet soda acting as a diuretic.... for those thinking switching to iced tea, diet.. etc, just remember tea has caffeine as well to some extent

otherwise the coffee as your morning pick me up and mio/crystal light is fine for flavor variety...

It's simple for me, if my urine isn't clear then I am not adequately hydrated. Water is so great for our bodies and well-being, I just don't see how it is overlooked by health conscious people. Cut your diet soda intake in half to start and drink 24-32 ounces minimum with every meal and you'll be g2g.

Using urine color to determine hydration is silly.

Just like you have a natural instinct to eat (hunger), you have a natural instict to imbibe (thirst). If you're thirsty, drink some water. If not, then don't.

Most people get around 20% of their daily water intake from the foods they eat, someone eating a diet high in fruits and veggies (like a bodybuilder should be) gets probably significantly more.

The notion the by the time you're thirsty it's too late has no basis in fact either.

"Drink at least eight glasses of water a day" - Really? Is there scientific evidence for "8 x 8"?

There are just as many dangers to drinking too much water as there are to not drinking enough. Diluted stomach acid possibly leading to GERD, hyponatremia (which can be fairly serious), reduced immune function, etc.

The amount you should drink varies greatly from person to person based on numerous factors. You have a built-in physiological guide, listen to it and follow it.

Last edited:
I drink anywhere from 220-260 ounces of water a day with meals, shakes and at workout.

Throw out the diet cola, once you stop drinking it you'll realize how bad that shit really is. Bump the coffee:food-sm;l

You know you've had enough water when you're pissing every 15 min!

Last edited:
My football coaches always preached this years ago, so I've just kept with it. Lot's of trips to the bathroom, but I feel good.

Every Army school I ever went to preached the same thing. It's harder to get it clear on tren though. Although I still don't feel hydrated unless it is, so maybe the metabolites from tren cause your body to require more thorough hydration?

I drink approx 4 litres water per day.

I'm running keto and do wonder if sweeteners in diet drinks are throwing me off ketosis

I'm running keto and do wonder if sweeteners in diet drinks are throwing me off ketosis

The body still has an insulin response to artificial sweeteners. Your taste buds signal your stomach that something sweet is coming. I don't know if it's enough to throw you out of ketosis though.

No calories /= no consequences.

there is a lot recently being made of too much water, but this has to be far less frequent than the people not getting enough. Diced, you need to cut the diet soda replace it with water...if you get tired throw another coffee in there, but the carbonation in soda isn't good for you.

It's simple for me, if my urine isn't clear then I am not adequately hydrated. Water is so great for our bodies and well-being, I just don't see how it is overlooked by health conscious people. Cut your diet soda intake in half to start and drink 24-32 ounces minimum with every meal and you'll be g2g.

:yeahthat:

I'd drink approximately 3 litres of water a day

But I would also aim to taper your soda water completely out of your jet, only being drunk once or twice per week.

Using urine color to determine hydration is silly.

Just like you have a natural instinct to eat (hunger), you have a natural instict to imbibe (thirst). If you're thirsty, drink some water. If not, then don't.

Most people get around 20% of their daily water intake from the foods they eat, someone eating a diet high in fruits and veggies (like a bodybuilder should be) gets probably significantly more.

The notion the by the time you're thirsty it's too late has no basis in fact either.

"Drink at least eight glasses of water a day" - Really? Is there scientific evidence for "8 x 8"?

There are just as many dangers to drinking too much water as there are to not drinking enough. Diluted stomach acid possibly leading to GERD, hyponatremia (which can be fairly serious), reduced immune function, etc.

The amount you should drink varies greatly from person to person based on numerous factors. You have a built-in physiological guide, listen to it and follow it.

exactly this, its just plain retarded to force down 2 gallons of water a day like some guys do. sure, its probably advantageous to drink more on certain compounds (tren or mast for example because they seem to have diuretic effects), but gulping down gallons and gallons and pissing every hour is pretty stupid if you ask me.

ive never been someone who drinks much, im pretty much never thirsty except in the morning and while working out. usually half a gallon of water/diet soda a day was enough for me and i was never thirsty by then. when i started using tren i was more thirsty, especially in the morning.

when i drank like 15 oz of coffee in the morning while natural i immediately pissed it out within half an hour.
now i drink between 25 and 50 oz coffee/tea every morning and i dont even need to piss after that, which tells me that my body gets dehydrated over night and then rehydrates in the morning.

drinking when youre thirsty and then a bit more (a bit, not a gallon) probably is your best bet.

thats what THIRST is for, to tell you that you need fluid. if youre not thirsty - you dont need fluid.

The body still has an insulin response to artificial sweeteners. Your taste buds signal your stomach that something sweet is coming. I don't know if it's enough to throw you out of ketosis though.

No calories /= no consequences.

from what ive read about that the signaling of the taste buds makes up only an extremely small part of insulin secretion, like less than 5% or even 1%, i dont quite remember. its negligible.
plus not every artificial sweetener causes an insulin response.
if i remember correctly acesulfam-P and aspartame are the two artificial sweeteners that DO cause an insulin response (john kiefer has some interesting articles about that). they are also the ones used in nearly every diet soda.
in germany we have liquid sweetener with sodium cyclamate, saccharin sodium and thaumatine (not quite sure if i translated that correctly), from my research these do not cause an insulin response.
i use shitloads in my coffee and tea because im addicted, never noticed blood sugar swings or anything like that, even though im doing a keto diet at the moment.

I consider a diet soda a treat now. I was getting 90% of my fluid intake from them years ago. I also realised how much better I look and feel if I stick with water or sugar free non-carbonated drinks like pwerade or tea. I have to flavor my water with some crystal light but I feel that has to be better. I try to limit my diet soda to one can at lunch now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws