over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Food for long flights

Am I the only one who thinks “Fuck it, I’m on vacation, i won’t die off of eating what I want for a week or 2”?

How about that? Lol

Not directly to the OP, just saying in general; some of you act like you’re in prep for the Olympia

He's talking about the long flight though. I don't know about you but I'd be starving and miserable with nothing but small quantities of shitty airline pretzels and cookies for 10 hours.

Lol I can't believe the lengths people will go for this when they could just bring protein bars, almonds, etc and snack on them the whole flight

These type of threads always amaze me. If someone is competing in the next following weeks or flying to compete it's a whole different thing. But half of the guys who start threads like this are just your typical poster. It's the same as the I am going away for a long weekend shall I post my gear to the hotel threads. Now if he was flying every week this would be different but not a few times per year.

Most airports offer nice food. Throw in a few protein bars. They also serve food on the plane and have things like chicken salad. Most major airports actually have great restaurants and offer some nice food. I always buy a beef salad baguette or 2 and take them on the plane. The airport I fly to/from also has a subway so I sometimes get a footlong subway. They have shops with coconut water, nuts, salads, sandwiches etc... I never go hungry.

Your body is not going to fall apart because you ate a few sandwiches or protein bars, almonds, cashews 4 days per year. Just relax and have fun. Go crazy I order a chocolate bar and crisps on the plane :eek::D

Last edited:
What is your favorite type of protein bar?

Used to do Quest bars but I really prefer the taste of Pure Protein bars now, even if they contain an extra couple grams of sugar

Used to do Quest bars but I really prefer the taste of Pure Protein bars now, even if they contain an extra couple grams of sugar

Quest has a reputation of being nice but I find them terrible. I guess they are good if you want them to last as they are so chewy/rubbery. Some of the Oh Yeah bars are amazing. I haven't tried that many but as you allude to the ones that have a little more sugar tend to taste the nicest. Mars Snickers are really good but not a fan of the Bounty one even though I like the original chocolate/coconut bar. Ronnie Coleman does one that tastes incredible. I would have to look it up to find exactly what it is as I only tried 2 of them. Lenny and Larry cookies are ok too. I generally stay away from bars but they are very useful when travelling.

Just looked it up it's Ronnie Coleman King Whey. They have triple chocolate brownie and peanut butter cup. The macros aren't great at 20g protein, 20g carbs (6g sugar), 10g fat (5g sat) and 240 cals per bar.

Quest has a reputation of being nice but I find them terrible. I guess they are good if you want them to last as they are so chewy/rubbery. Some of the Oh Yeah bars are amazing. I haven't tried that many but as you allude to the ones that have a little more sugar tend to taste the nicest. Mars Snickers are really good but not a fan of the Bounty one even though I like the original chocolate/coconut bar. Ronnie Coleman does one that tastes incredible. I would have to look it up to find exactly what it is as I only tried 2 of them. Lenny and Larry cookies are ok too. I generally stay away from bars but they are very useful when travelling.

Just looked it up it's Ronnie Coleman King Whey. They have triple chocolate brownie and peanut butter cup. The macros aren't great at 20g protein, 20g carbs (6g sugar), 10g fat (5g sat) and 240 cals per bar.

I am really picky about protein bars. If they have too many carbs and not enough protein, I don't even glance at them. Too much sugar is another deal breaker. Quest has an advantage in that sense. I'll usually eat 2-3 at a time if I'm going to make it a full meal (like on a flight). Usually, if I eat one, it's adding at the end to a normal meal. The Ronnie ones don't sound too terrible. I guess I'll check them out. I try to avoid sugar as much as possible though.

I am really picky about protein bars. If they have too many carbs and not enough protein, I don't even glance at them. Too much sugar is another deal breaker. Quest has an advantage in that sense. I'll usually eat 2-3 at a time if I'm going to make it a full meal (like on a flight). Usually, if I eat one, it's adding at the end to a normal meal. The Ronnie ones don't sound too terrible. I guess I'll check them out. I try to avoid sugar as much as possible though.

I am the same and I always want atleast 20g protein. Generally the more protein in them the worst they taste. Not too bothered about sugar as long at it's under 10g's. Fat varies but I don't want too much sat fat and of course no trans fat. I haven't had a protein bar in a long time. But please try the RC ones and let me know how they are. If you can also try the Oh Yeah brand original ones in chocolate & caramel. Only 15g protein but just try one. Have you ever had an original lion bar... tastes like that.

I am the same and I always want atleast 20g protein. Generally the more protein in them the worst they taste. Not too bothered about sugar as long at it's under 10g's. Fat varies but I don't want too much sat fat and of course no trans fat. I haven't had a protein bar in a long time. But please try the RC ones and let me know how they are. If you can also try the Oh Yeah brand original ones in chocolate & caramel. Only 15g protein but just try one. Have you ever had an original lion bar... tastes like that.

I can't stand Quest bars, they taste like - well I don't know how to describe them - artificial? The have a lemon bar I thought was OK but I never see them any more. I really like the Robert Ervine crunch bars. They have a ton of cals but at least 30 g protein and they taste like a real candy bar.

I've never been a big fan of protein bars, as most of them tend to be pretty junky. The ones I really feel were great were the ones J. Meadows was selling. Those were a true meal replacement, but I think he sold the biz or something??

Redcon makes good ones based on the ingredients, but I feel with how shady things were with prime nutrition, I have the feeling that the bars do not contain what they claim. I just don't trust the company.

Baggie - add 2 scoops iso whey, add 1/2 cup oats. Ask for water. Drink.

Eat cold chicken.

Check out Daryl All Natural Bars. They have a high calorie meal replacement bar (something like 380 cals) with the ingredients being legitimately all natural (WPI, oats, eggs, honey, almonds etc) as well as a lower carb bar.

Very good taste with none of that artificial taste you'd get from Quest, Musclepharm etc, these bad boys are actually kept in the fridge at the Popeyes store where I get em.

I've never been a big fan of protein bars, as most of them tend to be pretty junky. The ones I really feel were great were the ones J. Meadows was selling. Those were a true meal replacement, but I think he sold the biz or something??

That was Best Bar Ever....loved them. They had to be refrigerated. They had larger ones for John's clients and a smaller version for everyone else. They were excellent! They are still around, but they no longer do those bars. They have non-refrigerated flavors. Man....now I am jonesing for one of those chocolate coconut or apple pie bars again.

Can't bring ice packs on a US flight...they are liquid inside.

Bullshit..... I just did.... AND the TSA agent opened my bag and checked all my food.. no problem at all

Just bring tons of protein bars. It's a no brainer. I'll never travel without them.
This, all day and night. Just had a flight to South Korea from the US yesterday, I existed primarily on packed protein bars (in-flight meals weren't terrible, but definitely not my preferred diet). If they usually bloat you, look for ones with far less sugar alcohols, that tends to be most folks' problem.

My personal requirements for protein bars: few sugar alcohols, at least 12g protein, and a non-plant-based primary source (the amount of protein bars using nothing but soy protein....ugh). My favorite currently are called powercrunch...I think they're relatively easy to find. 10g carb (1g fiber, 5g sugar, 0 sugar alcohol), 12g fat (5g saturated), 13g protein, 200 cals total. Whey is the primary source. Could use more protein and a bit less fat, but tbh these ones leave me feeling good and like I actually ate some food...bars like Quest make me feel like I ate a science experiment lol.

Honestly would rather have 12-15g of whey in a bar than those ridiculous ones with 25-30g of nothing but soy protein, but that's just because my body doesn't seem to like soy very much. To each his own.

Quest strawberry cheesecake

5g fat
24g carbs, 5g coming from erythitol and 10g soluble fiber
20g protein

I’d just pack like 6 of them lol

I enjoy cooking, so I make my own protein bars. It's hardly an inconvenience if you prepare them in bulk.

Easy recipe right here that can easily be tweaked to hit micros.

3/4 cup oats
1 ripe med banana
1 small box of raisins
2 tbsp natural crunchy pb
2 scoops whey iso

Mix it all together and save a few oats to roll and coat the outer layer. *Mix oats in dry to absorb the moisture from banana. Wrap in wax paper if your not going to refrigerate.

100c/15f/60p

For a fraction of the price you can have an unprocessed healthy meal made up in less than 5 minutes which is far more tasty than any product out there now.

Last edited:
I just take oats,even though not enough for me,but its convenient.

mixed nuts and dry fruits are my favorite..
Protein bars and shake packets and shaker...
Subway foot-long meatball sub on wheat.. light sauce.. no cheese
(usually you can buy in the airports.. if not, whatever sub I can buy)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear