over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Food for long flights

PoptartPsycho

Registered
Hello everyone,

For the past few years, I have been taking long flights 3-4 times a year. To India, Thailand, China, Australia, for the most part. These flights can be anywhere from 26-34 hours in total length.

Looking for some good ideas for packing some food to take with me. I know in the airports I can be picky and sort of eat around their food to be somewhat healthy, but those 19 hours on the plane are killers. Most of the Asian based airlines only serve things like pork and rice/noodles that is packed with sodium along with awful fruit and junky desserts.

I tried in the past to take some protein bars with me, but even when I am home, I am not a very big fan of these bars as they mostly bloat me and just sit in my stomach.

Any suggestions? Thanks for taking time to read and reply.

Most airports have salads To go etc right ? You’ll prob just have to load up on items like these..

Bring meals in a carry on? Whats the problem?

Just bring tons of protein bars. It's a no brainer. I'll never travel without them.

Powdered Muscleegg...... just add water.... BOOM

and of course, other meals in your carry on

The problem with bringing premade meals is that when the flight is 30+ hours, I don't want to have them sitting around at room temp that long before consuming them.

Protein bars bloat me (whether flying or not) and tend to make me constipated.

I have not tried the ON version though. But all other ones caused stomach problems.

On long flights, I take beef jerky and almonds.

The problem with bringing premade meals is that when the flight is 30+ hours, I don't want to have them sitting around at room temp that long before consuming them.

Protein bars bloat me (whether flying or not) and tend to make me constipated.

I have not tried the ON version though. But all other ones caused stomach problems.

Freeze your meals before hand and have ice packs. Pull one out that you want to thaw out.

Freeze your meals before hand and have ice packs. Pull one out that you want to thaw out.

Can't bring ice packs on a US flight...they are liquid inside.

My go-to meal of ground turkey, rice and red hot stays very eatable for a long time at room temp, so just take the advice of one of the posters above and put some in a tupperware container, freeze it and bring it with you. Man I definitely don't miss traveling anymore.

As others have mentioned, freezing them and pulling them from the freezer right before departing is your best bet. They'll stay good for some time, and if you're worried, have those earlier on in the flight. I also like to make simple baked protein goods to take with. Ground up some oats, throw in some cocoa powder, chocolate whey, some oil or unsweetened apple sauce, a couple eggs, some sweetener and baking powder, and make some protein "muffins." These will stay edible for days at room temp.

Can't bring ice packs on a US flight...they are liquid inside.

My go-to meal of ground turkey, rice and red hot stays very eatable for a long time at room temp, so just take the advice of one of the posters above and put some in a tupperware container, freeze it and bring it with you. Man I definitely don't miss traveling anymore.
Room temp ground turkey and hot sauce...dem spicey runs.

When I'm on road for work I stop at convenience stores and buy decent RTD type shakes. If I have to, I'll get a salad at Wendy's or something (grilled chicken). For a flight it's things like almonds, jerky, Quest bars. I don't lug around coolers full of Tupperware like a retard when I show up places for work. I do bring Tupperware meals to the office, just not on travel/business. I might ship some mega fit meals to my suite in Vegas next week though.

Last edited:
As others have mentioned, freezing them and pulling them from the freezer right before departing is your best bet. They'll stay good for some time, and if you're worried, have those earlier on in the flight. I also like to make simple baked protein goods to take with. Ground up some oats, throw in some cocoa powder, chocolate whey, some oil or unsweetened apple sauce, a couple eggs, some sweetener and baking powder, and make some protein "muffins." These will stay edible for days at room temp.

Lol I can't believe the lengths people will go for this when they could just bring protein bars, almonds, etc and snack on them the whole flight

Just bring tons of protein bars. It's a no brainer. I'll never travel without them.
This. I always have dozens of high quality protein bars in my luggage and carry on when travelling. Then I eat the dogshit food served on board for calories and cover my protein needs with bars.

Last edited:
Lol I can't believe the lengths people will go for this when they could just bring protein bars, almonds, etc and snack on them the whole flight
I agree, as far as the tupperware thing goes. Baked protein snacks are quick, and I make them often anyway, so that's not a big deal. I just flew 4 days ago and took some Quest bars. Easy peasy.

Am I the only one who thinks “Fuck it, I’m on vacation, i won’t die off of eating what I want for a week or 2”?

How about that? Lol

Not directly to the OP, just saying in general; some of you act like you’re in prep for the Olympia

sat next to a fatty on my last flight

I asked her if she wanted my pretzels

she took them and put them in her purse for later

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc