over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Food not Going down very well.

if it is an ulcer then its going to be a horrible idea to supplement with betaine.

450mg of caffeine is too much given your symptoms. I would try to reduce that by half and see how it goes. I had to go from two strong cups of coffee to one mild cup of green tea for my nausea to go away.

Im in the same boat. I cant eat ever..... no appetite at all. The only thing that worked before for me, was smoking, and I quit that

You need to give your digestive system a break. I had bouts with this in the past and you really need to just give your body a break from all the force feeding. I would take the aforementioned advice and start supplementing with a probiotic from now on. Eat when hungry for a couple weeks (or forever) and then go back to eating around the clock. You need to eliminate that stress from your body for the time being though, been there, done that.

Going through this at the moment. After research I found that it is an enzyme imbalance in the stomach. My fault for not eating veggies while cutting so I dried out got a little constipated and the digestion stalled a bit. Its not a fibre issue as I tried that and nothing happened. After taking a probiotic daily and upping the veggies everything back to normal after a few days. Stay away from acidic fruit as this will bloat you. Pappaya is good though. Good luck

if it is an ulcer then its going to be a horrible idea to supplement with betaine.

450mg of caffeine is too much given your symptoms. I would try to reduce that by half and see how it goes. I had to go from two strong cups of coffee to one mild cup of green tea for my nausea to go away.

It can be taken and is used with ulcer treatment, BUT you should consult a professional before doing so...I havent heard it is an ulcer for sure from the author of the post, im just throwing my opinion in here......It is used to treat many maladies..... see below...
On another note, i also added supergreens to my suppliment regiment at 2 tablespoons 3 times/day, and that also with probiotics and beta alanine has my hunger up at an all time high, things are moving through my system very well.....

The digestive process takes place as food passes through the gastrointestinal tract, which consists of the mouth, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine. Betaine hydrochloride (C5H12NO2Cl) is a source of hydrochloric acid, a naturally occurring stomach acid that helps break up fats and proteins for further digestion in the small intestine. Gastric (stomach) acid also aids in the absorption of nutrients through the walls of the intestines into the blood.

Gastric acid also helps protect the gastrointestinal tract from harmful bacteria. A normal level of gastric acid in the stomach—100,000-1,000,000 times more acidic than water—is sufficient to destroy bacteria, but a low level increases the likelihood and severity of certain bacterial and parasitic intestinal infections. One study showed that fasting people with normal gastric acid levels in the stomach had almost no bacteria in the small intestine, while individuals with low levels of hydrochloric acid had some bacterial colonization in the stomach.

Betaine hydrochloride is a synthesized chemical, and is not obtained from any plant or animal source. Gastric acid is produced by stomach cells, and is not available from any food source. Occasionally, betaine (C5H11NO2) is recommended to reduce blood levels of homocysteine, which is associated with heart disease. This form of betaine is different from betaine hydrochloride, and is available only with a doctor's prescription.

General Use

Some research suggests that individuals with a wide variety of chronic disorders, such as allergies, asthma, and gallstones, do not produce adequate amounts of stomach acid. Many people with rheumatoid arthritis are deficient in stomach acid and other digestive factors. Taking betaine hydrochloride with meals can aid in protein digestion and possibly reduce food sensitivities through improved digestion.

Naturopaths have long held that low stomach acid is a widespread problem that interferes with the digestion and absorption of nutrients. Betaine hydrochloride is one of the most common recommendations for this condition. It helps make some minerals and other nutrients more absorbable, and may be especially helpful with nutritional supplements, which are often taken in tablets or capsules that may not be easily digested.

Based on naturopathic theories about the importance of stomach acid, betaine hydrochloride has been recommended for a wide variety of problems, including anemia, asthma, atherosclerosis, diarrhea, excess candida yeast, food allergies, gallstones, hay fever and allergies, inner ear infections, rheumatoid arthritis, and thyroid conditions. Many naturopathic physicians also believe that betaine hydrochloride can help conditions such as ulcers, indigestion, and esophageal reflux (heartburn). Conventional treatment for those conditions involves reducing stomach acid; according to one theory, however, lack of stomach acid leads to incomplete digestion of proteins, which causes allergic reactions and other responses that lead to increased ulcer pain. In keeping with this theory, some doctors might recommend animal-derived pancreatic enzymes for patients experiencing allergic reactions to food. Vegetarians may wish to take betaine hydrochloride as an alternative to pancreatic enzymes, since it is not an animal product. Individuals suffering from allergies, ulcers, or heartburn should talk to their doctors before using betaine hydrochloride.

Betaine hydrochloride may be used as a lipotropic. Lipotropics aid in preventing the accumulation of fat in the liver, and usually help in the detoxification of metabolic wastes and toxins. They may be used to help with weight loss.

Benefits of lipotropics

Detoxification of the waste byproducts of protein synthesis.
Increasing resistance to disease by stimulating the thymus gland.
Stepping up production of lecithin in the liver, which can lower cholesterol levels.
Preventing plaque deposits in arteries.
Preventing gallstone formation.
Protecting against diabetic neuropathy, a condition in which the cranial and spinal nerves, as well as the nerves in the bladder and bowel, may be affected.
Betaine hydrochloride has been used as a source of hydrochloric acid in the treatment of hypochlorhydria, a condition in which an abnormally low amount of hydrochloric acid is in the stomach. It has been used in preparations for the treatment of liver disorders, hypokalaemia (abnormally low levels of potassium in the blood), CO2 production in double contrast radiography, and high homocysteine. Betaine hydrochloride has also been used to treat tic douloreux (a condition which involves spasmodic pain along the course of a facial nerve), cystinuria (a hereditary defect that results in recurrent kidney stone formation), and vitiligo (a condition that is characterized by milky-white patches on otherwise normal skin).

Preparations

Betaine hydrochloride (also called betaine HCl) is typically taken in tablets or capsules of 5-10 grains (325-650 mg) each with a meal that contains protein. Naturopathic or nutritionally oriented physicians may make recommendations of such tablets based on their diagnoses.

Last edited:
^ I've been thinking about HCL supplementation. I recently started eating apple cider vinegar everyday and *think* that is helping my digestion. I still get some indigestion when I eat a ton of egg whites or raw oats. I wonder if betaine would help with the oats digesting better?

Are the egg whites cooked or pasteurized? If not, and they are raw from eggshells it could be biotin deficiency......I have a friend with oat digestion issue that suddenly came up in the last few months, he is giving the betaine a try I will let you know if it helps, he is ordering some and trying them out shortly... I was getting horrible gas and bloating from oats and non-digestion, but i took super greens, probiotics and betaine hcl all at the same time span, it alleviated the problem and im all good now, not sure which worked for my issues...:confused:

they are pasteurized egg whites so its not a biotin issue...and the stuff even has added biotin to it and I take a biotin/chromium supplement AND I eat 4-6 whole eggs a day. Can't be that.

I'll try the betaine too for the oats again...I'd really love to use them in shakes once in awhile I just cant my gf makes me leave the room :rolleyes::eek::naughty:

I'm using a small amount of kefir everyday (probiotic) which really helps stimulate appetite.

Tried a Couple of things

My hunger is Back! I used 2,000mcg of Sublingal b-12 and I take Betaine HCl 600mg with 60mg of Pepsin 1 tablet with my meals and I also trying lower Caffiene intake. So I'm down to 250mg a day.

It's not a total bounce back but A Significant one.

My guess is that your stomach pH is too alkaline (not acidic enough). In order for you stomach to digest all the proteins you are eating you need sufficient acids (HCL-hydrochloric acid) so give your stomach some help for a few weeks by supplementing HCL. I use two organic supplements called zypan and Betaine plus (the latter is much stronger). Do some research and find an HCL supplement that will help your stomach better digest your food.

I would think it would be the other way around. Most of our diets our too acidic rather than not acidic enough. I found staying away from caffeine and adding spinach helps with this problem...

I noticed that eating fruit really increased my appetite. Not sure how or why but it really makes me want to eat more often.

it's the enzymes that help break down the food...i notice my appetite goes up when i add more fruits as well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131