over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FOOD PREP SERVICE

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many guys and gals would utilize this service, if it was available and affordable? Food would be weighed to specified amounts and specified added oils if needed. Otherwise cooked without the use of oils or added fats. I realize I'm not the first person to come up with this idea, just trying to get a feel for demand

Do you mean something like Eat To Grow Home ? <<== Crazy expensive though, for me atleast. I don't know any food prep service that is affordable because its going to be a good amount higher due to the labor involved plus the convenience factor.

Last edited:
No it would be more like, you come to me and say I need three meals prepped for me a day. Let's say they are

8 oz chicken, 8oz potato

8 oz beef and cup of rice

8 oz salmon and broccoli

I would cook them up and deliver them to ur house or work place, for locals. Or for online orders I would pre make the meals and ups them to you shipped cold packed.

No it would be more like, you come to me and say I need three meals prepped for me a day. Let's say they are

8 oz chicken, 8oz potato

8 oz salmon and broccoli

I would cook them up and deliver them to ur house or work place, for locals. Or for online orders I would pre make the meals and ups them to you shipped cold packed.

It's not a bad concept except in today's economy most people are hanging onto their money and spending it only on necessities.

I used to have a client of mine who was a restaurant manager. He would prep all my chicken, rice, and sweet potatoes for me every week. It was not too expensive because he ordered the food through his work so he got everything at a discounted rate.

After about I think 3 months he realized it took too much time out of his schedule and wanted some more money which was fine, but it kept going up and I just had him by me the food at a increased cost and cooked it myself.

It was cool and definatley helpful, but I think it would be too much work to justify the time spent for the amount of money you might get in return.

Just my .02.

8 oz chicken, 8oz potato

8 oz salmon and broccoli

Yeah this idea which would be awesome for bodybuilders I just can't see how it can be affordable (wish it was)... because the bulk of the price for this kind of service would be for labor.

There is already more than one service out there that offers this.

Kinda the concept nutra system uses...they send u food already portioned out from my undersranding

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A similiar kind of thing happened to me just the other day. I went my the local mexican meat market where I usually get pre marinated chicken and skirt steak. Well this day I was out of time to cook, but I was still going to stay up late and cook the food for the week. But when I got in there I asked them if they already had some cooked. Well not understanding they just started cooking it for me. I stood there about 10-15 minutes while they cooked it and put it in containers for me. Of course I had to portion it out when I got home. But it cost me $47 for 3 pounds of chicken and 2 pounds of skirt steak along with onions and bell peppers. I figure that at a restaurant it cost about $12-$15 for fajitas and I bet you don't get 8 oz. of meat I thought it was a pretty good deal. Plus it would have taken me an hour to do it by the time I got home, cooked it, cut it up and portioned it out.

I think they charged me about $15 to cook it after I figured up the price per pound for the meat. $15 is worth it to me not to take time away from my family cooking all day Sunday.

I think its probably a great idea for a rich neighbourhood but if you're talking about your average broke bodybuilder who has to strip for gay midgets for GH money ... there are probably more cost effective ways to make a buck.

from a legal standpoint the laws in Ohio i know state that if you are preparing food like this as a business you have to have a kitchen that meets requirements that restaurants are subject too. Therefore you have to rent a kitchen. You could start small im sure you could fly under the radar but eventually youd need to do this.

I was just considering it....with my wifes discount I get boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.53/lb , flank and top sirloin for $3.50 a lb, potatoes for around .65 cents a pound etc...

from a legal standpoint the laws in Ohio i know state that if you are preparing food like this as a business you have to have a kitchen that meets requirements that restaurants are subject too. Therefore you have to rent a kitchen. You could start small im sure you could fly under the radar but eventually youd need to do this.

Good call J, see these are the things I need to truly look into, if I was going to do it. Thanks for the heads up

In the Jacksonville and now Tampa area, a company called Nutrition Solutions is doing fantastic doing this. $100/wk and you get 20meals...wraps and plastic tupperware. Its extra for double protein etc. If anyone wants more info feel free to pm me.

I like the idea it will just boil down to economics. I am sure every city has some sort of "catering" service like this. I have a couple where I live called dream dinners where you order to spec and pick it up. The problem is that even with local ordering it worked out to about $8 a meal.

If you could do something like a frozen marie calenders type dinner at an affordable price specifically for bodybuilders I am sure it could make money. I actually like the "healthy" tv dinner type frozen meals at the store they just never have enough protein in them.

There's already a service like that.. Dieselbodyshop...

Ill be using this for Vegas in September and have them ship meals right to the hotel.. =)

I think if you could cater to the bigger shows, like Olympia, Arnold, USA's, Nationals........
That would increase your market by the 100's. You know all these BBer's and gym rats NEED there meals and if they are there for the weekend, they are in a situation where this kind of service would be great.

With this though, you're in a different city and there would have to be good planning in advance to accommodate the situation. Renting kitchen space, purchasing food......etc.

I think it could certainly catch on, and if you're one of those people that would love to get into the industry somehow, this might be a good way. You could buy some advertising at shows to promote the venture.

There's already a service like that.. Dieselbodyshop...

Ill be using this for Vegas in September and have them ship meals right to the hotel.. =)

Just checked out their site, looks good. I wonder why they don't do fat sources too?

Very good templet to use if one was looking to start up something in their area.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131