over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Food Testing

slesh

Registered
Any of you guys ever send something out for testing to see if it’s properly labeled for the listed ingredients and macros? Curious of the process and cost.

I just crushed an entire jar of that Muscle Chef hazelnut spread and I’m convinced it’s just repackaged Nutella lol. I think the fucker at Nutrishop is full of shit.

I have not. Any idea what that would cost??

Good question. Poking around a few sites that I came across (NutriData and RL Food Testing Laboratory) looks like pricing per sample is about $900-950 for a lab analysis.

Damn, at that price Slesh would be out 3k if he sent in half his PB&J sandwich.

Slesh, any chance you ate a couple gummies before slamming that jar down?

My ex's daughter started working at a food testing lab in which private and commercial testing is done but as far as I know its more for testing food born illnesses. Not sure what private testing cost with this either.

Nutella is probably better for u and you would be sick before you finished half the jar lol

There was a guy locally that was natural and not making any gains(duh). So he sent out and had his protein tested and there was like 3grams protein per serving and a bunch of carbs. That was a local supplement shop that private labeled their own protein.

I also was in the supplement industry about 15 years ago and started to private label some sups or just have them outright manufactured. Some people would straight up ask do you want everything on the label in your pills because it will be cheaper if you don't. I never went with any of those places due to that but part of me thinks that they might be the only ones being honest.

There was also a local chain store that sold this weight loss supplement that was immensely popular. It had all these ingredients on the label but years later I could out it was just an eca pill.
Or they would buy expired supplement cheap and just change the label.
Supps are a fucking scam.

There was a guy locally that was natural and not making any gains(duh). So he sent out and had his protein tested and there was like 3grams protein per serving and a bunch of carbs. That was a local supplement shop that private labeled their own protein.

I also was in the supplement industry about 15 years ago and started to private label some sups or just have them outright manufactured. Some people would straight up ask do you want everything on the label in your pills because it will be cheaper if you don't. I never went with any of those places due to that but part of me thinks that they might be the only ones being honest.

There was also a local chain store that sold this weight loss supplement that was immensely popular. It had all these ingredients on the label but years later I could out it was just an eca pill.
Or they would buy expired supplement cheap and just change the label.
Supps are a fucking scam.
I’m not sure it’s that “supps are a scam”

For whatever reason, the fitness industry attracts a disproportionately large number of shady f*cks. Many of the shady f*cks own businesses within the industry and this is what you get.

Count the number of bodybuilder type friends you have… how many would you trust implicitly lol My answer, personally, is very few throughout the course of 22 years. Just the unfortunate nature of this little sub-culture.

Good question. Poking around a few sites that I came across (NutriData and RL Food Testing Laboratory) looks like pricing per sample is about $900-950 for a lab analysis.
Damnnnnn a G just to run one sample?!?! I rather roll the dice and just get fat lol.

I haven't but 7-11 cold brew nitro coffee is amazing. Used to drink it thinking it was pure black coffee an employee said she thought it was loaded with sugar. I looked online, emailed the customer email, and called them, they apparently don't know if it has sugar or is 0 calorie. Pretty annoyed I'm not asking them the meaning of life I just want to know the calories in their coffee and no answer.

Do that with supplements too. Supposedly Redcon1 protein powder has barely any protein in it.

Damn, at that price Slesh would be out 3k if he sent in half his PB&J sandwich.

Slesh, any chance you ate a couple gummies before slamming that jar down?

My ex's daughter started working at a food testing lab in which private and commercial testing is done but as far as I know its more for testing food born illnesses. Not sure what private testing cost with this either.
Lol my bad dude - just seeing this. I was absolutely 5-10 gummies deep.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws