over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FOODS FOR CARB LOAD??

Friday night for sure. I hit 12-15 iu at about 7pm when I start my shitload and again around 10pm with the same dose. I use humulin R - not humalog. Humulin will stay in the system longer and I WANT it to stay in me as I go off to sleep. I know this is not all that popular but with all those carbs, there is literally no way that I could possibly go hypo. This way, the carbs continue to shuttled even as I sleep. Understand too, I don't go to sleep until about 2am, though.
Saturday is optional. By this I mean, I do not use it on saturday. To be honest, I just don't think at that point it would make much difference. However, that is just me. On the other hand, I don't see how 10-12 iu would hurt, either. I guess I sort of feel that with all the stress and everything else that needs to be done, I don't see the slin on saturday as all that much of a priority.

Just my opinion.......

Skip

THoughts...

Skip,

Thanks for your info. Much appreaciated:

Sounds like to me:
----
Mon, Tues, Wed: deplet, no carbs, taper water

Thur - Fri Afternoon: no carbs, kcal at maintenance level

Fri night - large calorie and SODIUM laden meal at 7PM (after weigh-in?), again at 10PM, and no water(?)
Hum - R w/ each meal (10IU or so)

Sat: Big breakfast (insulin optional), minimal water. Grape juice w/ tsp of salt before PJ
-----

Is this correct?...

What foods are used, specifically? Would sushi w/ lots of salmon, eel, wasabi, soy sauce, etc. do the trick?...

----

I agree with you as far as slin during the 48 hr before the show - there simply isn't enought time or kcal to cause significant fat gain.

However, when somone is bulking with slin (off-season) or using it for periodic carb-ups during a diet, I am not sure I would recommend high fat and high carb also with slin. I have more ideas on that, but I'll keep us on topic. :)

Ya know - the bad thing about this whole shitload idea is talking about it when you are dieting (and no carbing). I'm sitting here thinking whether I should eat pizza or burgers... Should it be Domino's or Pizza Hut, McDonald's or Wendy's... LOL.

-Randy

LOL

I am with you, bro. I would sit there and just plan what I was going to eat and it what order, too. :)

Sushi would work BUT, it isn't shitty enough. lol I push more for higher calorie foods so that not so much volume has to be eaten. It takes alot of sushi to equal the fat/carb totals of 6 Krispy Kremes, if you get what I am saying. You want a HUGE amount of nutrients in a very short period of time. I found one of the best foods to be Pecan Pie. I mean, can you GET any heavier than that?

We need to debate the slin topic when we are done here (if this can even be finished debating). Reason being, I used slin for a shitload last year during my precontest phase, once a week for 6 weeks straight. I had NO adverse affects as far as fat accumulation, in fact, quite the opposite as I just kept getting leaner after the initial 2 day period of massive water gain and then loss. It was pretty much puzzling to me as I had always heard of the poor relationship between fat and slin. This just was not the case and I have since put this into affect with atleast 10 other guys and none have reported any fat gains at all.

Can I explain it? Nope. Just saying that in a practically applied sense, the logic just didn't hold up - at all.

Skip
ADD: The shitload meals aren't timed or planned. You just eat as soon as you can get more food in your stomach.

skip,
i have read about the shitload approach before and its very interesting and it makes me salivate!. im so hungry that the krispy cream and pecan pie talk makes me nuts. my problem is im right on the verge of 2 weight classes and i want to be in the ligter class and the weigh in is ,morning of show. so maybe i can do this somehow after weigh in as i have about 3 hours after weigh in to eat like hell. but the night before i will have to stay strict as im so close about 7-5lbs within being light heavy or middle. but i thank you for sharing the info that you have it is real interesting.
by the way im 187lbs 2.5 weeks out. i want to be in middles

Well I keep going back & forth on whether or not to try the shitload friday night. This 1st show on saturday is not as important to me as the 1 on the 21st....BUT...obviously I still want to do well, it would help give me a mental edge going into the next. I keep thinking of just doing the "safe" way and carb with the taters all day Friday. Although I can say I don't think I truly peaked properly last year and I have made some minor changes, but is it enough? I hate getting to this point where you continueally 2nd guess yourself.
Randy, I am with ya on the sushi thing man.....love that stuff!! :p

hey kidrok u said u are doing a show saturday. is it the bev francis npc golds show? if it is i will be competeing in it also. im debating whether to go in the superheavies right at 226lbs or just be right at the top of the heavyweight class.....if i could only see what everyone looked like already..heheheheheh...

getbig27 said:
hey kidrok u said u are doing a show saturday. is it the bev francis npc golds show? if it is i will be competeing in it also. im debating whether to go in the superheavies right at 226lbs or just be right at the top of the heavyweight class.....if i could only see what everyone looked like already..heheheheheh...

getbig, no I'm further north, my show is in Rochester. I plan to go in as a middleweight, hopefully, I need to be cautious while carbing up because I'm about 6 lbs over now, but figure once I drop my water I'll make it.

ohh ok...goodluck then. guess we will both be piggin out saturday nite....dam i cant wait!!!!

The shitload will not add weight to you before the weigh in on Saturday morning. I know, I know.... You are saying phuk you, Skip, but it is true. I have not had 1 guy or myself, put on any bodyweight from the shitload. The amount of water being lost, still ends up dropping your weight even with the shitload.

Now, if you are FLAT and you start taking in water to fill out, of course your bodyweight is going to go up. It is just that being flat doesn't happen when shitloading.

Kid: You won't be disappointed if you shitload. If you have your water controlled and you are depleted going in, there is NO way that you will phuk it up. I will guarantee this with my name. I do prep on the boards, bro. I have alot to lose if I were to make that statement and be wrong.

However, if you are not convinced that it will work, you better not do it.

Skip

I suppose this is as good a time to try as any. 1 final question, if I cut mu water at 5 or 6 pm is that when i should begin the s-load?
Thanks skip ( & Randy) I appreciate the info passed here.

It is not as relative to the timing of restricting water as it is your condition. The flatter you are, the closer to 6pm you should start the load. If you aren't extremely flat, wait until later that night. If you are RELATIVELY full, wait until Saturday morning.

If you are going to use this approach, do NOT hesitate to contact me for assistance. I will gladly help you out in any way that I can.

Also, do a trial run at about 4-5 weeks. This will only bolster confidence in the load and the affects that it will have on your physique AND it will give you a time frame to work with so that you know how much of a window that you have before starting to smooth out. Don't restrict water or use diuretics or anything like that. Those will only make the window even bigger anyway. Once you have that time frame, you will know to stay within those parameters and you will know that you actually are safe within those parameters because you will also be instituting your water restriction and diuretic use.

A trail run will only smooth you out for a couple days. It will NOT blow your condition or anything like that. However, make sure you are relatively depleted when you do the trial run. Otherwise, you will not get an accurate assessmement of the supercompensation affect.

Skip

Great post

I have another show coming up on June 14. I am gong to try shitloading. I was not happy with the results I had at a show 2 weeks ago using the trditional 3 day load. I seemed to smothout Friday night and lost that tight skin look that I get immediately following the first 500 grams of carbs.. From experience with my own reaction to a heavy carb days, I believe this will work well for me.
thanks for the imformation Skip. I will let you all know how it works out

KH

Skip - Water depletion

Skip,

Could you outline how the water is tapered in the shitload protocol.

Also, if you do not drink water with the large meals on Fri (/Sat) and are already dry, do you find that your clients have a hard time choking down the food. Also, any GI upset, most likely from a shrunken stomach trying to accomodate so much food?...

Again, many thanks for the info.

-Randy

This post has some fantastic information - thanks to all that have contributed!

I'm moving this over to our Articles Forum as it will be easy to find for future reference.

xcel

hey xcel....no thanks to the guy that spawned this creation? hehehehehehe....just kidding.

Re: Skip - Water depletion

You will quickly find out what torture really is. Try eating high sodium foods with little to no water. It will be the worst part of your prep, bro. It sucks. It really isn't that choking the food down is hard, it is just that you are so phuking thirsty you start to think that you don't even care and just want to drink something.

Also, remember that the massive influx of carbs will pull what little water is left subq. It HAS to, because the carbs need water in a 3:1 ratio to form glycogen. If your water is restricted, as it should be on a friday night, there is no other place to pull water from than subq. This is the main reason that the shitload will dry you out so well. Believe me, the carbs will win out in the battle over the water instead of the sodium. This is another reason that if you seem a bit flat in the morning, after a shitload, don't think for a minute that you didn't take in enough carbs. You don't need carbs, you need WATER. I was relatively full for prejudging but when I drank only about 12-15 oz. of water, it took about 15 minutes for me to see an obvious difference in my physique. I got fuller damn near as I sat and watched it in front of my eyes. It was very bizarre.

I won't get into specifics of tapering water as it is different for everyone. However, I will say that your water restriction should NOT be any different whether you traditionally carb load or shitload. There is no reason for it to be. Now, you have to watch that you have ENOUGH water but that is the same no matter how you load. Remember, it isn't restriction of water as much as it is CONTROL of the water - very important.

Skip

homonunculus said:
Skip,

Could you outline how the water is tapered in the shitload protocol.

Also, if you do not drink water with the large meals on Fri (/Sat) and are already dry, do you find that your clients have a hard time choking down the food. Also, any GI upset, most likely from a shrunken stomach trying to accomodate so much food?...

Again, many thanks for the info.

-Randy

i love this kind of talk. really goes to show you that there is so much related to bodybuilding and science. no big muscle dummy just walks on stage and wins without the knowledge if this kind. i want to thank skip and randy for contributing and picking each others brains while we all sit back and learn from it. skip, im gonna hire you when i do jrs next year. thanks for sharing info and being real. black and white info is what i crave.
Josh

balplayer said:
i love this kind of talk. really goes to show you that there is so much related to bodybuilding and science. no big muscle dummy just walks on stage and wins without the knowledge if this kind. i want to thank skip and randy for contributing and picking each others brains while we all sit back and learn from it. skip, im gonna hire you when i do jrs next year. thanks for sharing info and being real. black and white info is what i crave.
Josh

As long as you are not a lightheavy. ;)

Skip

LOL

Skip said:

As long as you are not a lightheavy. ;)

Skip

Sounds like there might be a conflict of interest in that case... WHOOPS!!! LOL

Skip, Yes, I understand first hand what you mean r.e. eating massive amnounts of food w/o water. I tried a "version" of the shitload on Wed, going with my sushi idea (fatty tuna, salmon, eel -before I saw your post, but the timing was good in my diet cycle and I'm lean enough to play around with this for now. Meal #2 was a wt. gainer (high in sodium, actually), ice cream and peanut butter shake for meal #2.

It feels just as shitty trying to eat all that but drink nothing as it does not eating anything!

I was dry when I start the meal #1 (had the wonderful feverish sensation w/ cotton mouth and slight dizziness). I drank four 16oz glasses of water for the reason you mention (glyc. and water, 3 ad dinner, 1 in shake) I woke the next morning looking full and dry, but nothing exceptional compared to previous carb-ups.

I think the key to doing this right and drying out even more is to find foods that are fatty enough to slide down a dry throat. I'll try it again next week w/ some Micky D's, pecan pies and other shit I won't mention now for fear of causing balplayer to go into convulsions and/or kill himself... LOL

-Randy

A relevant idea

I thought I would put this idea in here, as well. I posted this on another board about a week ago:

------

Fat content of skeletal muscle is about 2%, some of which is just the fat of the membrane. The fat that would be loaded is muscle tri-glyceride (TG). However, these levels vary dramatically (like a six-fold variation in one subject sample). They are decreased by exercise and I would assume could be increased, but the question, like you said Silverback is how much will this increase muscle mass. Unlike glycogen, muscle TG's do not bring water into the cell for storage - fat is hydrophobic, to fat loading doesn't have the advantage of hyperhydrating the muscle cell.

The levels of glyogen are about 18g / kg of muscle (wet weight), which is about the same as the level of fat (1.8%). Each g of glycogen is stored w/ 2.6 g of water. If you go from lets say 5g / kg ("depleted") to 30 g / kg ("loaded") and you have 50g muscle (220lb BB'er), this would be and increase in glycogen content of the body of 1250g. Add to that the water (3250g) and you have a 4500 g increase in muscle mass - just about 10 lb!!! Yeah buddy.

I'll keep looking for data on increasing muscle TG levels. If they vary that much, it is possible that they could make a difference. Question is how fast can they be supercompensated... (and depleted).

-Randy

--------

-Randy

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members