over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FOODS FOR CARB LOAD??

Re: LOL

homonunculus said:

I think the key to doing this right and drying out even more is to find foods that are fatty enough to slide down a dry throat. I'll try it again next week w/ some Micky D's, pecan pies and other shit I won't mention now for fear of causing balplayer to go into convulsions and/or kill himself... LOL

-Randy

I am trying this out tonight for tomorrow's show. Told the wife to pick up a pizza, ice cream, glazed donut holes, and friehoffer chewy choc chip cookies on her way home from work. There is a McD's 2 minutes up the road so I can hit that as well if I need more. The morning, after weigh-in, will be pancakes & syrup, flavored rice cakes w/ p-butter and jelly. Brewed up some green tea for sipping and threw some carb powder into another 8oz bottle of water in case I need that prior to prejudge.
I will post on the results when I return home from the show Sunday (have to travel almost 2 hrs for this 1).

randy,
that was funny as hell bro. no im cool i got 2 weeks left and its gonna be a breeze. all the work is done now its just posing posing and posing. the only thing im a little stressed about is getting my color right and timing my carb up before prejudging. all in all i think ive learned enough to wing it as i did last show and ill be fine.

skip,

i think i would be light heavy for jrs so maybe we cant hook up. but i do value your info and i thank you for sharing to all of us on how to get started with carb up.

kid,

good luck on your show and i hope you do well. taveling 2 hours isnt to bad man, i have to travel 5 hours each way. but its gonna be worth it. belive me. give them hell!

Josh

KICK ASS, KID!!!

Kid,

Rock the house, man. We'll see ya when you're back!!!

BP,

As you said, you'll be fine my man.

-Randy

it's 3am....

got up to take a leak, so far so good.....
I am a FREAKIN roadmap of veins right now! :cool:

Other than some indigestion, I feel good.
More details to come, need to get more sleep....maybe.....:eek:

Re: it's 3am....

Kidrok said:

I am a FREAKIN roadmap of veins right now! :cool:

Yeah, BUDDY!!!

-R

took 3rd middleweights

Did ok for a "warm-up" show, 3rd outta 12, and the 1st place middleweight took the overall, so it was a quality class. Had several people say that 1-3rd could have gone either way. So, regardless, here is what happened with the shitloading:
Basically carb depleted Tues-Fri, H2O at 2-3 gal./day.
Friday- had mostly protein, only about 10 grams of carbs till evening. Cut my H2O out at 5pm (totaled approx 3/4 gal for the day), at 6pm began shitloading, started with cinmin pop tarts, took some carmel rice cakes and spred thick nat p-butter and jelly on them (4). About an hour later my wife got home with the real goodys, had some pizza, glazed donut holes, choc chip cookies, p-butter cup ice cream, just munching away every 1/2 hour till 10 pm. My condition improved almost by the hour. As posted above, when I got up at 3am I was freaky, 9 hrs after starting. Now as Skip had said, it all sounds good till you eat that stuff with NOTHING TO DRINK! I wanted to die I was so thirsty.
Saturday- I was up to get ready at 6:30am, still looked full and vascular. Left at 7:30, stopped at the gym to chk my weight, 176 on the nose. Had a 2 hr drive, pissed twice before weigh ins and only munched on a few rice cakes on the way there. I weighed in at 10:30 at 173. Then I had some pancakes and syrup. When getting ready backstage I had some kit-kats and ate some jelly out of the jar. Got a pretty good pump but did not feel as full, hard and tight as a few hrs prior.
After prejudging, went to a friends to take a nap, stopped at a sushi bar and chowed down but stayed off the soy (already waaaay thirsty). Broke down and had 3 glasses of water (about 6oz each) then had some green tea to help flush it through. 3-4 hrs later at the night show I was tighter and felt better. I believe I cut too much water, plus the shitload hit me best between 9-15 hours after starting.
Next show in two weeks here is my plan for Fri & Sat:
Friday, cut H2O at 6pm, continue no carbs till 8pm, then begin shitload. But I will alternate between clean and shit carbs to try to slow down the effect. So by starting later and slowing the effect I should peak and maximize the effect closer to and thru pre-judging.
Saturday- After weighins I will hit the pancakes again and some icecream (ice cream seems to make very vascular). Then. I will have 8oz of water. I will ck my condition every 30 min till I go up and add another 4oz water if needed to fill out.
Thats it in a nutshell, the shitload did work well, however I believe I need to refine the timing of it.

:cool:

THANKS KIDROK!!!

Kid,

THANKS for that, BRO. MANY THANKS.

It might be interesting to total the carbs, fat and sodium in all that, if its possible. I can usually guesstimate pretty well with foods I'm used to eating, but haven't a clue when it comes to that stuff. Like most of us, I only eat that way when I'm off-season and don't give a shit about sodium, etc.

Did you use slin?...

How bad was the gas / bloating / GI upset?...

I can imagine that the sushi and pancakes would be the toughest to get down w/o water. What foods slid down the easiest?...

-Randy

Re: THANKS KIDROK!!!

homonunculus said:
Kid,

THANKS for that, BRO. MANY THANKS.

It might be interesting to total the carbs, fat and sodium in all that, if its possible. I can usually guesstimate pretty well with foods I'm used to eating, but haven't a clue when it comes to that stuff. Like most of us, I only eat that way when I'm off-season and don't give a shit about sodium, etc.

Did you use slin?...

How bad was the gas / bloating / GI upset?...

I can imagine that the sushi and pancakes would be the toughest to get down w/o water. What foods slid down the easiest?...

-Randy

Randy, no I did not use slin, in fact I asked Skip's opinion as to whether or not I should do the load any differently without and he did not think so, if anything it only speeds up the load.
I can try to total up what I ate but it will take some time so I'll get back to that.
I did get somewhat bloated friday night but the worst part was indigestion/heartburn.
The easiest things to get down without water was actually the pancakes, the sushi was ok(did not use soy or wasabi) ICE CREAM, and jelly. I will avoid the natural p-butter next time it was torture!

kid good job on the show and with your carb up. refinements is what its all about im learning. timing and the refining of it. looks like your doing well and learning alot. thanks for sharing.

GREAT THREAD!

RANDY AND SKIP......I HAVE NOT EATEN JUNK WITHOUT A HIGH WATER/FLUID INTAKE BEFORE. SO AS I WAS READING THE INFO ON SHIT LOADING I THOUGHT TO MYSELF....'YEAH, I'D BLOAT LIKE A BALLOON! BUT......ONCE I READ ON........VERY INTERESTING READING. I THINK MY PROBLEM WOULD BE THE HEARTBURN AND NAUSEA........LAST TIME I DIETED I ATE PIZZA AFTER WARDS....TWO PIECES AND I HAD TO THROW UP. MY BODY JUST WASN'T USED TO IT.

unbelievable!!!

i cannot believe we have such valuable info sitting right here in the open board!!! i gotta bump this one...i learned SO MUCH from skip and randy...and if kid happens to read this, thanks for telling us how your shows went and your h2o intake and timing of all your carbs/h2o/ect...it helped a lot too! thanks guys!

BUMP WANT TO RE-READ THIS AGAIN...

GOOD STUFF

CHRIS250

question?

What if weigh-ins are Saturday morning at 7:30am, do i start shitloading immediately following that if prejudging starts at 10am. I have a problem shitloading that Friday night because I do not want to take a chance of not making weight. Thanks for any feedback.

What if weigh-ins are Saturday morning at 7:30am, do i start shitloading immediately following that if prejudging starts at 10am. I have a problem shitloading that Friday night because I do not want to take a chance of not making weight. Thanks for any feedback.

Shitloading will NOT add any bodyweight. In fact as you dry out and fill out you will drop a few more lbs, so I suggest doing it the night before the show.

Seems to me fluid levels go hand in hand with a successful carb load. If you are too dehydrated how are we going to get those muscles full?

I guess my question is.... during the shit-load or carb load how do you know if you need to add water for fullness?

awesome thread

DAMN THIS WAS A AWESOME THREAD..
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR INPUT, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE LAYOUT FOR SHITLOADING,
FIXING TO DO MY 3RD SHOW AND THINK I AM GOING TO TRY THIS.
ITS A TRIAL SHOW LEADING TO BIGGER SHOW 2 WEEKS AFTER SO I WANT TO STAY HEAVIER ANYWAYS FOR THIS ONE
;-)

SKIP REALLY APPRECIATE TAKING TIME TO EXPLAIN AND HELP EVERYONE, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED, AND THANKS TO ALL OTHER PEEPS FOR THEIR INPUT.

Alot of really good info in this thread. Wow.

But I do have a question I've never competed so I've never done a all out shitload. But anyone know why after having a slice of pizza or two, or something of the like, Why do you look SO much 'better'?

A most excellent read

I'm very pleased to read about something I have a hard time finding anywhere else and have tremendous interest in.

That of course would be the body opis / UD-2 type programs and its variants, applied in a competition setting.

I've have been experimenting with these for years and feel I am now ready for my first show this summer. I'm now 50 years old 5 foot 5 inches 186 pounds, 8% body fat. I've been working out over 30 years.

Can anyone give me some advise as to where to start. Perhaps a good trainer.

Thanks Guys

In the "old" days (early 80`s) we used to "shitload" on jars of Smuckers jams and lots of `em. Lots of fructose and no bloating.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131