over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For all of you that use the genetics excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some may have said this above I believe, but there is plenty of evidence that what we consider our mindset is genetically predetermined. Being able to push, to be persistent, to keep getting up after being knocked down is in your genes.

I'm inclined to agree with Sam Harris that even what we believe is our own free will is an illusion. Some (most?) find this either horrific or offensive, but there have been experiments that seem to prove it out.
I’m a follower of Harris and I think there’s a lot to it but the single study that is used as evidence wasn’t perfect by any means and it is pretty dated. I don’t think it’s as black and white as there’s no ability to change things. It’s not as black and white as nature or nurture I think both should be taken into account.

Some may have said this above I believe, but there is plenty of evidence that what we consider our mindset is genetically predetermined. Being able to push, to be persistent, to keep getting up after being knocked down is in your genes.

I'm inclined to agree with Sam Harris that even what we believe is our own free will is an illusion. Some (most?) find this either horrific or offensive, but there have been experiments that seem to prove it out.

Harris is 100% correct about the illusion of free will, but he has never said that our thinking and mindset is only genetic. It is always a mix of genetics + nurture / environment

Harris is 100% correct about the illusion of free will, but he has never said that our thinking and mindset is only genetic. It is always a mix of genetics + nurture / environment
Correct, I'm not saying he said that - apologies if I was unclear.

Steven Pinker's Blank Slate convinced me on his views on nature/nurture, though some find flaws in his reasoning.

I’m a follower of Harris and I think there’s a lot to it but the single study that is used as evidence wasn’t perfect by any means and it is pretty dated. I don’t think it’s as black and white as there’s no ability to change things. It’s not as black and white as nature or nurture I think both should be taken into account.

Certainly not black and white. I think it's a compelling argument however.

I can't access this beyond the paywall but Hayes sought to improve on the earlier work. https://www.nature.com/articles/nn.2112

O BOY, this discussion always ends up like this. It doesn't matter who in bloody hell I posted a pic of, if they look good then it's "GENETICS"...LMFAO..

People honestly don't know what they are capable of doing physique wise, if someone told me 20 yrs ago that Shelby Starnes would be a professional bodybuilder I would have smacked them in the face and called the nut house to come and get them.
Put in years of painstaking, brutal work and commitment and there isn't a person on this entire board that couldn't turn heads with their physique. Not just hard work but intelligent programming and laser focus attention to detail, the problem is no one wants to do that day in and day out for multiple years, they want a somewhat normal life, but extraordinary people don't have normal lives, Tiger woods didn't have a normal childhood, Michael Jackson didn't either, they were drowned in their crafts, consumed by it. Anyone give that type of time and effort to building their physique (not to that extreme) and you too would be saying FUCK GENETICS after several painstaking years.

End of rant 😜

I agree. He made a true commitment and worked his balls off. 95 percent of us never make the true commitment and make excuses, including myself

Steven Pinker's Blank Slate convinced me on his views on nature/nurture, though some find flaws in his reasoning.
19th century philosopher nietzsche did not believe free will existed...

Im not Pinker fan

The mind consists gray and white matter. Quantum physics shocks again!!! I think one thing the mind teaches us is that everything we thought was physical is not physical.

I traveled to South America with a friend who is all about spirituality. I was not Spiritual one bit. I met a middle aged man who could read my mind, walk on fire, levitate, do all kinds of crazy shit that if I didn't see, no way I'd believe it. Even after I saw it, I thought it was all magic, they were fucking with me. He'd meditate 10 hours a day. That trip has changed me as a person, I've been researching and trying to find answers to what we really are. Anyway, this is too much for this board and don't want to go off topic

But mind is everything.

He does have great genetics, to gear response and to stimulus...

Don't confuse discussions of genetics between real hardworking intelligent bodybuilders and the use of the term genetics by gym rats/keyboard bodybuilders, it is not related.

I traveled to South America with a friend who is all about spirituality. I was not Spiritual one bit. I met a middle aged man who could read my mind, walk on fire, levitate, do all kinds of crazy shit that if I didn't see, no way I'd believe it. Even after I saw it, I thought it was all magic, they were fucking with me. He'd meditate 10 hours a day. That trip has changed me as a person, I've been researching and trying to find answers to what we really are. Anyway, this is too much for this board and don't want to go off topic

But mind is everything.
I’m calling bs on that. No you did not see someone levitate or read your mind. You might’ve experienced some sort psychosis or possibly remember that but that is not what happened. Our memories do not work like recordings that capture forever what we actually saw.

I’m calling bs on that. No you did not see someone levitate or read your mind. You might’ve experienced some sort psychosis or possibly remember that but that is not what happened. Our memories do not work like recordings that capture forever what we actually saw.
Common practice among monks and Buddhist. Don't be close minded.

Look up remove viewing and astral projection, CIA has documents on it.

That’s nonsense. There’s no real evidence.

You're just close minded at this point lol
Stick to your jersey shore, kardashians tv shows.... Literally CIA has documents on remote viewing and astral projection 🤣

You're just close minded at this point lol
Stick to your jersey shore, kardashians tv shows
Being rational and understanding how things work isn’t the same as being close minded. You want to believe so you’ll accept any nonsense presented as evidence without question even going so far as lying on an anonymous bodybuilding forum.

clearly you havent been around much, some weird shit goes on in the dark corners of this world.
i understand your statement as i started off that way. but seeing is seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member